1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. I was waiting around 2 months for my first doll... I was very excited!
      And it was the first time that I paid customs... ¬¬

2. Do u still remember how long did you wait for your first doll?
      I waited about 20 days for my first doll: I placed the order Nov 12/09, she shipped Nov 26/09, and she arrived Dec 2/09 :)

Is there any special meaning about their name??
      Originally her name was going to begin with the letter Y, just because it was my quirk at the time, but after a bit of research, it's still the same name only beginning with J (Yacinthe -> Jacinthe).

Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them??
      I remember it was a bit nerve-wracking since it was a lot of firsts for me: my first ball-jointed doll, my first giant goddess, my first time preordering from a company outside North America, the first time I was willing to spend more than $350 on a doll. It helped that I've had a similar, if not as expensive, experience when I used to collect vinyl fashion dolls. I remember being quite antsy waiting for the postal worker to deliver her, reminding my housemates that I was expecting a gigantic box and to please watch out for it for me if I was indisposed that they got quite annoyed and then disbelieving when they finally saw the box (to which I said, "I did warn you. I told you so." :XD:). And now everyone's used to it.

3. So now as I being my wait for my Lut's Soo that I was saving for all summer, I'm only a day in or so and I'm realizing that this is already hard.

So how did you get through waiting for your first doll? Or any doll?

So far I've been browsing the waiting room, looking up box openings and just general stalking the forum and anything doll related!

(Ive tried looking for a thread like this but all I got were the actual waiting rooms, perhaps I was using the wrong key words and if thats the case my apologies!)

4. Some waits are harder than others. Soom was taking like 6-9 months on dolls ordered in in January! Now it's much, much faster. The hard part of waiting for a doll for me is the saving up FOR it, not after I order it!

My first doll took 3 weeks, and one of those was shipping from Luts to me. I've had others take 2 months, some longer cause it was a layaway. My Elf El took like 2-3 weeks too.

5. 1. Sometime it goes faster if I get busy with something else entirely. But I think I have learned to actually ENJOY the waiting, if that's possible!

2. I like hanging out in waiting rooms! It's fun chatting with others in the same boat and getting to know, at least a bit, some other folk who have share something in common.

3. I like time to prepare... to think of what I'm going to do with the coming doll... to get stuff I need to do out of the way so I am ready to play or do faceups or whatever I need/want when the doll arrives, (although I'm never really that organized! ... I just WISH!) :)

4. I like looking around and preparing for the arrival so that I have at least a wig or eyes and basic outfit ready. Of course, it's fun seeing Box Openings with dolls that are wig-less and faceup-less, because it's interesting to see the basic sculpt. But I also like to see what people have planned for their dolls, so it's nice to see some clothes and other things in early shot, too. And I definitely prefer that with my own new arrivals!

Aside from that, I can't really think of any suggestions! Try to distract yourself entirely, try to distract yourself with others or try to fill up the time preparing! :D

6. This is my first time waiting for a doll too. Mine coming from Fairyland and I'm getting her blank so looking up eyes, wigs, clothes, drafting patterns, brainstorming outfit ideas, prepping for faceup work (I know someone who's already got all the paint gear I need to borrow from since he's worked on Gundams and other resin figures) pretty much has helped me pass the time. I also play with my current doll for photoshoots and sew that dolly's clothes. Sometimes I'll sew for friends dollies too. :)

7. I've recently finished a wait for Custom House dolls - close to 9 months - and it was hard, but I did find it good to look in the waiting room post (some of the people waiting have the most amazing sense of humour!). I also started playing Farmville (on Facebook) with some of the others that were waiting.

8. I'm on my first waiting period, and have been for about a month now. So far I've been stalking around DOA every day, but moving to college probably helped preoccupy me for a bit. A very little bit, since I'm back to being anxious again. XD

Let's see... I ordered a wig and some eyes for my boy when he gets here. I also started customizing eyes because his eyes are unusual-looking. I also started making him some pajamas so he won't be naked for long. I would like to extend a "thank you" at my wonderful upperclassman who let me use one of her boys as a model for the pajamas so I could make them in the right size.

9. I've spent the entire wait looking at clothes, furniture, and toys for my girl! I've talked to my friends about her so much that they've caught my excitement and are planning a welcome home party for her!

10. To make the wait more bearable: make some clothes, customize a wig or two, don't forget to order shoes, an extra set of eyes and spend your free time on DoA living vicariously through everyone else's box openings. The first wait is definitely the worst. I'm waiting now for the money to buy another doll and start the waiting game all over again!

11. Kid myself that I can breeze through waiting but can't. The most terrifying part is shipping, especially customs. To ease the pain I buy incoming dollies goodies and when they arrive find out the stuff doesn't suit them at all.

12. Because I'm the one ordering our private group order, It isn't yet my waiting period - Unless you count my paypal transfer; But i have been trying to distract me for the time being.

- Video games are a nice big help. Playing through Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 really does help with distracting; as does replaying DS games.
      - Homework and school are massive distractions, but I keep thinking about dolls when I'm bored so maybe its not that big of a help.
      - DOA, browsing box openings and Box opening videos. Its something about living through the opening moment through someone else that settles my edge a bit; Dunno what I'd do without that thread!
      - Reviewing orders, and prepping for ordering clothing and whatnot.
      - Making a spot for him in my room; collecting 'doll size' things for him and chatting to friends about him.

c:

13. I pretty much stalked DoA, learned everything I could about dolls and looked over a lot of box openings.

Luckily since my first boy was a Luts, the wait wasn't very long ^^;.

My only tip for getting through the waiting period is to make yourself busy. It's almost best to order dolls when you know you'll be super busy since that way you'll barely notice the time flying by until your doll arrives!

14. aiko: It wasnt that long? Over in the luts waiting thread some people are saying things like 60 calender days which has me pretty worried >_<

15. Sixty calendar days is a much shorter waiting period than six months!

16. true!*_* I cant imagine waiting that long!

17. I'm in my 10th week of waiting for my Tsuki and it's getting a little harder the closer I get to the 12th week, which on average they said it took 12-15 weeks. T^T It's pretty tough, especially since if you have no idea how much longer it'll be before you hear something. Watching box openings and such actually helped a lot. Which is really weird yes but something about them makes you really patient. I've been ordering things one by one of what all I've been wanting to get for Tsuki and it's helping too. The waiting time is nice to prepare for a doll but again, it does get really exhausting when you don't hear anything. But doing a lot more research and much more planning, it helps me. Plus I keep myself very busy. XD

18. My first doll I ended up waiting 109 days. At first they got the doll in around the 90 day mark, but then they send the wrong doll. So I had to wait even longer for the head. It was just fun.

The first month is the hardest, but I find after that it's pretty easy. Look for the company's discussion thread on DoA and chat with other people waiting, look for clothes/wigs/props in preparation, find a new hobby or start a huge novel series. Just distract yourself and the wait won't feel that long.

19. Ohhh maiii gaaah. Yeah, that's the h3ll I'm going through at the moment. I mean, I have to wait until the begining of November to order mine and it's DRIVINGMEINSANE.
      The worst part is when I get off from work for the three days I have off at a time each week, I want them to go slowly, but yet I'm like "Well, only one week til I get paid again... I WANT TIME TO GO BY."
      Because I refuse to have under a certain amount of money in my bank account before I buy this thing, which is about 3200.
      UGH, saving up is so hard.
      But it's kind of cool, because these dolls have kind of taught me about pinching pennies even more than usual. (And I pinch pennies hard.)
      I used to go out to eat quite a bit and buy movies and stuff like that. Now, in the long run, I'm actually saving money. Haha.

I've been watching lots of box openings too. They're kinda' fun to watch, especially when you learn how certain dolls look that you're kind of interested in seeing without a wig.

20. I'm in the midst of waiting for my first doll D:

It's a little hard right now, because I'm just waiting for the money to transfer so I can pay for him.
      I think I'll feel better once I've made the payment so he's more "mine".

although chances are I'll start to go nuts afterwards waiting for him to ship... xD

I'm scared that he'll arrive broken but trying not to think about it ;_;
      (thankfully I'm pretty good at distracting myself)

I think distraction is probably the key here xD