1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait for your first doll??

May 13, 2010

1. I'm only just now ordering a full doll from a company instead of the marketplace. Though the company is great for fast shipping, I ordered her with a custom faceup, which slows the process down a touch. I've been wittling the time away by browsing measurements threads and preparing her living space. I've also stocked her wardrobe with essentials, the majority of which are in transit. I'd like to have as much done as possible because when she gets in she'll need a blushing and seam sanding.

2. That's kind of how I feel. :<
      I'm getting him on Christmas, so if he's broken, I'm gonna be AFJAGALEKAFASF.
      I can't wait to just pay for the thing. Once I get it paid for, the money will be gone, I won't feel guilty, I won't have to think about it, and I know it's ON.
      Ugh. I hate waiting for shit, but looking on the bright side, at least we have something good to wait for.

3. Gackt we are on the same page! xD Paypal loves taking money soooo slowly.

4. about 10 weeks ...including face-up

5. My first doll, Bobobie Isabella, took about two months including face up. now she's got a different face up, (done by my mother) It would of took shorter for her to arrive. but I do think two months are still very quick for a BJD to arrive.

6. Liarino: Go yell at paypal some more xD

and the thread merged with another one ._.;

7. OHMAN. 1 month and 3 days. The longest month in my entire life. @.@ But she is home with me now.

8. I waited 7 months as she was on layaway for 6 of those months then took a month to come in.

9. Two weeks.

My sister crashed her car while I was a passenger. She got out with a little rash on her face from the gunpowder when the air bag deployed, and a bruise on her wrist. I ended up with a fractured spine. Some six months after the fact I got a phone call from her insurance company telling me a check for $7000 was coming in the mail as "pain and suffering" compensation. Cute little naive me was like "Oh my god!!! So much money!!!" I decided to spend one fourteen of it on a ball joint doll.

I also paid for behind the wheels (driving lessons) and finally got my drivers license at the age of 20. Fun fact: I decided to take the classes even though I did not have to by law because I was over 18. I took them with my fifteen year old sister. :)

10. 1.5 months. He was imported quickly, but then was lost on his way from the capital to my city. Guess he had to walk by himself)))

11. It took about 2.5 weeks directly from Resinsoul to get my white Rong.. I was surprised by how fast it was.

12. I'm still waiting to save up enough money=]

13. Me too. me too. T.T

14. Umm...about 5 days. ^^; I ordered from Junkyspot in the US so I didn't have to wait for production.

15. A couple months? XD Honestly, now that I look back I forgot for a while that I'd ordered her but when I remembered the wait was soooooo long. But now it's all good as Noire's here. <3

16. I will have to wait for my first doll until Christmas Morning of this year. I really am so excited, but I know exactly when I'll be getting him. xD

17. Liarino, I know, it drives me nuts xD I finally paid for my boy on the 13th, but now I'm going to get my second doll from the marketplace (maybe it happened too quickly, but she was practically yelling at me to buy her! I couldn't refuse xD), and the money won't be transferred till Wednesday .. five whole days of waiting D: It's worse in this instance because I know she can arrive so much faster since she's secondhand and already made and ready xD

18. I didn't have to wait long for my first doll at all! It only took 4 days because they already had the doll in stock. Hmm, what was so special about it? Well, the box opening itself, it was my first time seeing such a huge doll up close! :lol:

My second doll however was a different case, it took more than a month for her to ship out. ^^"

19. I think around 2 month xD
      That was the most painful 2 months of my life xDDD
      I almost visited Luts website and check on the status every day, oh man.
      But all that doesn't matter anymore when your doll arrives at your door ^w^

20. Do u still remember how long did you wait for your first doll ?
      I haven't ordered him yet, though I've been saving for him for 43 days so far. D:

Is there any special meaning about their name??
      Honestly, not really. :/ His name is going to be Isaac Forest Lynch. I was watching Forest Gump one day while looking at pictures of him and for some reason the name 'Forest' really stuck out to me. Then I was reading Harry Potter (and the goblet of fire i think...) and one of the Quidditch Player's names was Lynch and I loved that name as well, so then I was really stuck whether I wanted Forest to be his first name and then I tried Isaac and it fits together with the other two perfectly to me. So now whenever I think of my 'future doll' I think of forests and harry potter and the bible. Totally random subjects somehow crammed into being the perfect name for my boy. ^^

Any things special or unforgettable happened while you get them??
      I'll get back to you on this after he get's here! :D