1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait to get your first doll?

Dec 4, 2017

1. 7 years. I first discovered them when I was 12 and my parents of course didn't allow me to get one. So I had to wait untill I was old and rich enough to decide it by myself hehe

2. Hard to say for me as I don't 100% remember what year I discovered BJDs. I do know it was before they were sold internationally; I joined the DoA yahoo group at the time and remember being overwhelmed by the pricing and the shopping services. That was maybe 2003? My first doll arrived in 2006, so that's three years. Not as long as some have waited though!

3. I originally heard of bjds in 2004/2005, thought they were neat but I was a high schooler with no credit card or inclination to buy things online, so I moved on without another thought.

I rediscovered/seriously startd looking in 2009. First doll was bought 5 years later in summer 2014.

4. I discovered the hobby in 2013, when I saw the prices for them I accepted that I would never get any and researched how to make them myself (which I never did). I continued to research and want my own bjd until I finally had the courage to ask for a resinsoul Mi for my 18th birthday in 2016. So, for me, I waited 3 years until I got my first bjd. I don't regret waiting that long, if anything I wished I waited longer than that.

5. Well I was introduced to the hobby in 2010/2011 but i was far too young at the time to take care of Resin so I bought a Pullip instead. Then this past summer as a celebration for my first paycheck I went down to DDE and bought a Little Monica Little Sophia with a face up. Then for my 18th birthday I got Jinx (Tiny Delf Jack). Talk about saving problems :lol:

6. i found out about them around 2007 according to my account. i lost interest in the hobby due to school and also kinda gave up on owning a doll for awhile since it was never in the budget. but now im making plans to officially purchase my first doll sometime this year!

7. I discovered Dolls about 10 years ago through my sister who was getting into cosplay and discovered that cosplaying Dolls was a thing aha. Our family situation didn't allow us to get any back then though.

I didn't get my first doll until early last year but since getting my first Doll I realised it isn't that hard now that I'm kinda an adult instead of when I was younger ahah

8. My really first Bjd was bought second hand so it took me about only a few days shipping, but before that, I was searching for months until I decided which exactly I’m going to chose. And my first bjd was the least expensive doll till now, even I sale it years ago but she is definitely my beloved who brought me to this lovely and memorable hobby.

9. I found out about them about... 2-3 years before I joined the hobby? The prices seemed too crazy to me so I just put it off since I was sure that I would never own one of these dolls (I was so wrong lol). Then after some time, I remembered that this hobby existed and decided that I could atleast try to get a doll that I wanted. It took me a year to find a doll that I wanted to be my first. It took him a bit over a month to get to me

10. It took 3 months for me to get my 1st doll.

11. first of all i was interesting in those dolls when my daughter born, wanted some present for her first birthday... sounds silly but when i saw those dolls, i understand that its not for kids, its for adults and i liked them... so now im ready to order one wia dealer in UK, just to awoid custom fees. and now i can aford it :-)

12. I was in middle school when I heard of and fell in love with ball jointed dolls.
      I didn't purchase my first one until just after highschool when I got my first job. I saved up all of my disposable income from it to pay for him and it we well worth the wait.
      The six months waiting from purchase time to his delivery felt even longer than those years somehow. :P

13. I had heard about them back in either late middle or early high school, but at the time didn't have the money or knew much about them so after awhile I forgot they existed. I remembered they existed once someone I know had gotten one a few years back, so there was a several year gap between when I found out about them and when I bought one. When I ordered my first one it took about a month, and same for the second one (I got lucky that even though I was hybriding that one from two different companies, both parts showed up about a day within each other).

14. From like dolls, until I to buy my first doll for about a year's time.
      It's been 12 years now and I still like her very much.

15. Let's see... learned about dolls from my friend at a con...geez, it was probably at least a year... maybe two?

16. I first found out about them back when Fairyland Celine came out.
      I didn't have any income so I kind of gave up on getting one.
      I didn't get interested in them again until this past fall (October).
      I bought my first doll secondhand from some lovely people on Instagram and received her this month

17. It was about 4-6 months before I was able to buy my first Doll. I had to save up monies and get time.

18. after last years january i ordered my first doll on 2 times layway :-) now i will pationly wait her around 2-3 moths :-D

19. I found out about the hobby in 2006, and finally ordered my first BJD in 2017. In 2006, I was in middle school and obsessed with Dream of Doll and Volks. When I was in college with my own money to spend, I was more interested in Pullips and some other off-topic dolls than BJDs. I still liked the aesthetic of BJDs, but where I found myself in love with the latest releases from Azone, for example, it just wasn't happening with BJDs. So huge doll collection, just zero BJDs in it.

I don't remember how I found out about her, but one day I came across Asella's dolls and I was head over heels over Raspberry. I put myself on the mailing list at JPop Dolls, and unfortunately, the preorder opened while I was studying abroad in Turkey! I figured that was that and I'd be stuck trying to find a Raspberry on the secondhand market. It had been so long since I'd seen her go up for sale new, but lo and behold, a preorder period opened up I think sometime late November/early December. Instant buy. :dance

I'm actually really glad it took me so long. My taste is nothing like what it was when I first got interested in BJDs, and I've had a lot of experience doing things like making wigs and doing face-ups with my other dolls that I probably would have been too scared to attempt on a more expensive doll.

20. i just got my bjd a week ago and i've been admiring since may of last year :-)