1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait to get your first doll?

Dec 4, 2017

1. I found out about BJDs circa 5 years ago and discovered Chloe two-three years ago before I ordered her on December 2017!

2. I found out about BJDs back on 2013 then totally forgot about them when i started working. I then decided to buy a doll 2 yeas after.

3. From the time I found out to the time I bought them? About 6 years!

From the time I decided to buy a doll to the time I ordered them? About 3 or so months, the only thing that stopped me was finances, I had to wait for the holidays and my birthday to pass to be able to afford them both

4. It took me only 4 days before deciding to purchase an expensive peakswood doll because I tell myself if i have been looking at something more than 3 days I should just buy it LOL. (Probably really bad on the bank acct) She was adopted from Korea so it took just 1 week ems :)

5. I waited almost 10 years to buy my first bjd. I was a student and I had no money.
      When I started working, I bought my first one, in 2013.

6. Hmmm, I believe it was a 3 month wait for my Bobobie when I finally saved up enough. I'd been waiting almost a year before ordering her.

7. It was about a year ago when I first heard of them. I was very excited, so excited that I didn't do a whole lot of research, so I basically thought Fairyland and Luts were the only companies out there (cringe)
      I bought a Littlefee Chiwoo from Denver Doll, but I realised soon after I had rushed my descision, and ended up cancelling the order. I found more companies I really love, and now I'm happy with my first doll. :D Sorry little guy, don't regret cancelling you

8. So looong ! 6+ months. I order my first doll from DZ spain... Big mistake. x)

9. Funny you ask. I've been into BJD for maybe 2-3 months. I really didn't want to wait 6 months for what I really wanted from the factory. And I didn't want to fill the forums with junk AND wait two months to get into the marketplace. So I kept an eye on Ebay and just waited until I found something that:

1. caught my eye.
      2. looked legitimate.
      3. didn't feel like I was settling for something I didn't really want.
      4. was "worthy" of being my first one.

She arrived this week, an old (14 yrs?) Elfdoll Nabee.

10. I first found out about bjds around ten years ago through a friend, but I really decided to get one for myself around ten months ago, and purchased a Supia Muriel four months after that - now I'm waiting delivery! Fingers crossed she gets here safe and sound

11. i think i wait around 3 months since i paid layaway at alice collection in 3 months. alice collection is good :)

12. About eight years. I discovered BJDs in late middle school or early high school. My parents never would have given me enough money and I didn't get a stable job until after I graduated... I was always interested, but spent a lot of money on conventions and cosplaying. Becoming a part of the hobby just felt like a scary leap to take, and I truly thought I'd never be able to afford it. I only caved in and bought one a little over a year ago after falling in love with a sculpt and realizing I could afford it if I did a layaway!

13. For me it took almost two years, since I've seen the doll on my avatar, but it was also little expensive for me. But then, DIM made a Sales, and it was right time for me!
      Ofcourse, it was a bit scarry deal, I had to pay not via PayPal but just to send a money somewhere, and got not ane response or note, just wayting for a two month! Was nervose time! But I love my first girl!

14. I found BJDs on DeviantArt back in 2008. I was only 14 then so I had no way of saving enough money for one of my own. But I enjoyed watching a whole bunch of BJD owners and commenting on their doll pictures. I've always liked BJDs ever since then, but was focused on my other hobbies. A few weeks ago I stumbled across a thread on BJDs on another forum and was reminded about them. I figured that since I have a job now, I can afford it, what's stopping me? I did research for about 24 hours straight then ordered my first doll.

15. About a year ago, I ran into BDJs because I wanted a custom doll. I had some money set aside for this doll, then I ran across MYou Junyao on Dolk US's webstore. I was in love with her cute face! I fretted over buying her for about four hours, then took the plunge and haven't looked back since!

16. I'm interested in BJD around 7 years ago, I like Dream of Doll brand but at that time I still studied and didn't had money.
      3 years ago I already graduation and had job so I want to buy bjd for myself.
      Last month I found Lati doll, I like her pink-gray hair then I buy her and she is my first doll.

17. 11 years for me. Eyeing them for a long time at every anime convention I been to. Mostly because I never thought I would be able to afford one. Many years later, I was fortunate enough to be able to own more than one. I do admit that 2 years of the 11 is mostly me unable to find one to buy first and window shopping for the "perfect first doll".

18. I knew about BJDs in the past, but I decided to buy a doll about seven months ago. I bought it this month.

19. 6 months...it was a Dollzone Minas and i have no plan how long Dollzone need XDD