1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait to get your first doll?

Dec 4, 2017

1. Wow.. People here really have A LOT of patience.. :XD: I do not!. However. I first discovered BJD's from a channel on Instagram, who I have been following for almost a year. My real interest in these doll first came a few months ago. And I have become so facinated, that I am now looking for my first doll.. But patience is not for me, when it comes to these kind of things, so I have bought a monster high doll, to get me started on practise and interest, while looking for that perfect doll. But still. I have only been really interested for about two months, but if I find that doll tomorrow, I will buy it! :love :D

2. I think about 2 years? Though it would have probably been less than that if I'd had the funds, I found out about them in 7th grade and was in no place to buy an expensive doll.

3. I actually am a very Impatient person when it comes to things I want. As soon as I had decided that I wanted a bjd I did a lot of research and purchased her right away. I love to just dive right into new things, considering the fact that I learn very hands on. With work, though, I have been forced to take alot longer on fully finishing her character. This of course made me start looking to buy while I waited for other pieces of her character to fall into place. Hence the reason why I now have 3 more dolls on layaway lol but at least they all have a hand in my doll story!

4. Ahh, I waited for about 8 years before I finally bought my 1st doll, mainly because I was worried about maintenance for the dolls.

5. A few years for sure, counting from the first time I saw them and liked - it's been about 10 years, but counting only the time I got seriously into dolls it would be about 3 years.

6. Only a month

7. I believe it was about 3 months, a very very long and tiring wait for my 1st doll. :huh?:

8. About twelve years. I first learned about ball-jointed dolls when I was sixteen, but I didn't get my first doll until about two years ago, when I was twenty-eight. I wanted to make darn good and sure I wanted a ball-jointed doll, I wanted to be able to afford it, and I wanted to get something I liked. It turned out to be smart that I waited; when I first discovered the hobby I thought an SD was what I wanted, but as I learned more about each size I discovered that I preferred MSDs instead.

9. I first started looking at BJDs in a serious, I'm-gonna-buy-one kinda way in mid-January, and then ordered my very first doll on February 20. So I guess about a month? The only reason I bought him so fast is because the seller put him on a pretty amazing sale and I didn't want to miss out. :blush

I'd already been pretty into dolls for a while, so it was inevitable that I'd eventually find and fall in love with bjds. I don't feel like I rushed into things, anyways...

10. I heard about this hobby from my friend when she finally bought her first doll a few years ago. But I didn't really think much of the hobby until a year or so ago when my sister was hypothetically creating her first BJD. We discussed it together and pretty much have the doll set. Some time over the last year, it feels like it'll become a reality in the future as I already have a few accessories for a BJD. But I still have not purchased my first doll yet as I'm still on the fence about when to buy since it does cost a lot of money. I have no idea when I may purchase this doll but at least waiting a few more months due to current financial situation. But just have to wait and see. That could change but not sure.

11. I would say that not long. About two months. It was Gin from IOS.

12. Just got mine, took two months from Fairyland - long enough to build some anticipation, not so long that I felt frustrated!

13. I bought it from a friend, so I doesn't have to wait. I got it last year's summer, is a 1/4 doll and is from AS called Gus, he is soo pretty and cute. I made him as a girl which is kind of strange but still cute!!

14. We have a similar past <3

15. Eight years,
      First found out about BJDs when I was a senior in high school, now I'm a few years out of college and finally ordered one lol.
      Sorta fell out of interest when in college because the cost was just too much, but now that I have a full time job I decided to just go for it.

16. I saw Soom dolls years ago and thought they looked nice but they weren’t for me at the time. They just seemed so... so big! And I had no idea what I would do with one. So I moved on. It wasn’t until years later when I saw Daisy Dayes baby centaurs did I cave. I just knew I’d be unhappy if I missed them.

17. I found out about bjd when I was tumblr- ing. I think it took me 1 month to research and browse on bjd everyday.
      And by the next month, I ordered my first AprilStory Olivia. I took 3 months for her to arrive home. And another month for her face up.
      I still have her sculpt, but I have sold her body. I don't think I will ever sell her head.

18. Honestly I can't remember when i first discovered and became interested in bjds, but it must've been at least 4yrs ago. I did look into getting a resinsoul Mei, but I still lived at home with the parents and I didn't think they'd understand why you'd spend so much on a doll XD I kinda lost interest for a while, then my love was renewed in the last year and a bit? And my first doll has yet to arrive XD I started paying for her in Jan, and finished paying last month, but she won't arrive for another 3 months or so I believe -_- She'll be my first proper resin bjd, but I have acquired a couple of OT small dolls since last Nov.

19. Roughly, 3 years. I had some jobs I'd do here and there like washing tables at an old folks home, but it was mostly just saving. The boy I saved up for ended up being 700$ ish, along with an outfit ^^

20. I waited a year after hearing about bjds to purchase one. Reasons were that I could not afford one for a while and I did so much research to make sure I bought one that would suit my wants.