1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait to get your first doll?

Dec 4, 2017

1. Well I had a layaway plan so once that was done and paid for I waited about a week for it arrive from Japan. It was exciting the wait.

2. One year, he is limited doll:kitty2very rare

3. I think a little less than a year of looking and researching and then a month of waiting at Christmas for her to ship and then for me to be able to open the box! This is a hobby where patience is really a virtue lol

4. I waited for three years and then ordered my first doll. I went through several periods of ‘I shouldn’t’ and ‘I should’ but I’m invested now haha.

5. I first learned about them 8 years ago as a high schooler and there was no way I could afford one at the time. It's been a long time coming but I finally purchased my first doll this year and I couldn't be happier to be able to participate in the hobby instead of just admiring from afar.

6. So far... 11 years. There's always been something more important to spend my money on.

Finally closing in on plans for 2 dolls though, it's going to be an emotional day when the first arrives!

7. I learned about bjd for a few years and looked around seriously for about a year before committing to get one. Now it's been quite a few years later and I'm on the hunt for another one x)

8. I really like any dolls, I loved them as a little girl and continue to love being a respectable lady of pre-retirement age. I have a lot of them and I do not often buy new ones so that they do not force me out of my house. So, I found BJD on the Internet, but I was not going to buy one for myself, just sat in front of the computer and admired. And at that moment my husband came up, looked at the monitor and said: "This is what I will give you for your birthday! Choose one.". So I'm probably not the best example. But if I had to make a decision and pay myself, I would have waited for some event in the company that interested me. Well, I actually did, because I was doing the ordering myself.

9. When I first saw pictures of BJDs, I hated them. They were all anime style dolls. Then a friend brought her Lishe to our Fashion Doll Club & I became fascinated. After about a year of playing with various dolls of hers, I decided that I needed one but wasn't sure which one. One evening the craving for a BJD became unbearable & I called Dolls & Friends to place an order for a doll they had in stock. It was Lydia by Elfdoll, she had just been released & I loved her realistic face. I still had a bunch of questions & the great gal at D&F talked me through the whole process, answering every little thing that I hadn't asked my friend. In 3 days, Lydia was home & I was addicted. So I guess it was a couple of years between the time I first saw pictures & my complete change of mind as more realistic molds became available & I finally bought my first doll. Followed soon by several more that I fell in love with.

10. It was not much waiting time for my first bjd due that it was a second hand doll and I bought it to someone from my country

11. After 1 year I got to know BJDs, I ordered my first babe, and then wait for him for about 3 to 4 months.

12. Two or, maybe, three years.

13. Well, I knew BJDs in highschool but didn't got my first till I was in the university so I calculate like 4 years.