1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait?

Jun 6, 2008

1. I was on DeviantArt about.... oooo many many months ago. Hiritai's Hayden was on the front page, and I clicked on it. I had heard of bjd's a couple of years ago, but never thought of buying one then. But after that I did some research, and decided I wanted to buy one. I guess it's been about 6 months, and I just ordered my boy yesterday :)

I'd say go for it, if you have the chance :)

2. I discovered BJD around the end of 2003. It wasn't until spring of 2005 that I ordered my first one. Long way, but it was worth >w<

3. I ended up waiting close to a year to get my first doll - not by choice, I can assure you, because if I had the money at the time, I was going to buy Rosencrantz the second I saw him (long story short, I saved up money, spent the money at a festival, then decided to save for Peter because he was less expensive and seemed an easier mountain to climb).

4. It took me about 2 years since the first time I saw one and thought "Oooh, ain't they nice! Would be so awesome to have one of those!". So for 2 years I thought of the idea of actually getting one as "Maybe when my incredibly rich long-lost relative dies and leaves all the money to me?".

However since I started thinking the spending $500 on a DOLL is not something that only a heiress of long-lost distant relative's piles of money can do, it only took a week to actually go and buy one ;)

As for the situation with borrowing money to buy one, it's really only up to you. If you're comfortable with it and you're not gonna feel pressured with anything, then go ahead! :)

5. Hmmm.. I think back in 2006 sometime is when I first fell in love. Though I soon lost interest because of their price. But last new years I got to actually hold and play with a DZ wing. I fell in love all over again and now i have my first on the way <3

6. I've had my eye on my dream boy since Dec. 2003 when he was first issued. I worked for and saved my money for three years until I finally brought him home in Dec. 2006. I think that was a helluva three years of waiting - it was SO NOT easy.

7. I first became ineterested in bjds when I joined this forum xD But then I got ineterested in buying other stuff. But I decided to get one this year and I saved up for 3 months and got my dream mould ^___^ I guess it was kinda quick in deciding what mould I wanted, but I had glimpse of Takeru's mould last year and liked it a lot XD

8. It is wonderful to see everyones replies. Very interesting the difference between people. Some wait a long time saving up for a special doll. Some wait a long time but buy the doll days after they find the right one. and some people seem to just fall in love immediately. :whee:

9. It took me about 2 years before getting one. But on deciding, I've already did during that period of time.

10. I've been interested in BJDs for a while, but I don't think I seriously considered buying one until I joined DoA (and got more educated on dolls.). I bought my first the end of April.

11. I lurked for quite a while here on DoA (about two years) before I bought a BJD. All my friends had ones, but I wanted to find just the "right" doll -- especially considering how many there are to choose from.

However, once I did find the one for me, I jumped all over it. I love my girl to pieces, and I'm glad I waited.

Jenny

12. I became interested in BJDs mid-April of this year and bought my first doll about a month later. She arrived two weeks after that. I didn't wait long!

13. I waited a few years. First, I collected Takara Jenny which led to Momoko. I discovered Super Dollfies during my Momoko obsession. I loved them, but thought they were too big. I eventually broke down when I learned about the Volks collabaration with BTSSB. I still waited a few years.

My first doll didn't come until May 2008.

14. Myself, I'm really new to this, too. I found out about BJD's through deviantart by accident. First when I saw this beautiful Ryu Hayden (hiritai owns him here), I was sold right there. When I heard about the price I was like ok.. not for me, but I still couldn't resist but to come again nearly every day just to see all these pretty BJD's. When I started to realize how many there where, I began to think more like: If there are other nuts (by nuts I don't try to offend, it's got to do with their high price), why couldn't I be one?

And only after .. ok let's face it two months I have now ordered my first doll, Suntan Ryu. And I'm hoping to get him a body, and a friend: Souldoll Jinwoo. :3 After I've got both I try to stop buying there and spoil my boys to bits <3

A part of how could I jump so fast in is that I happened to have savings from years and years back (I don't really use my money, since I get some so rarely). I thought now if ever is the time. I'm just so in love with BJD's and I can't help myself x>

15. My boyfriend showed me a picture of a BJD (a CP El, I think), back in 2004, possibly 2005. We were both fascinated, but I was shocked at the price. Then I saw how big they were ("OMG wtf, half a metre tall?!?!?!") and it made more sense about the price ... think "doll" when you're unfamiliar with anything but Barbies and such like and something a lot smaller than 60cm comes to mind, haha!

Still, I was hardly in a position financially to purchase one then. And I knew nothing about them at all. Skip forward a few years, and after visiting my friend's house a few months ago and seeing her beautiful dolls, my passion for them was re-ignited and I found this forum (through Wikipedia! Yay!), felt SO much more confident about the whole BJD caboodle, and -- being in a better financial state -- then set about trying to find a dolly I really liked ... and fell in love around the beginning of May 2008 with my doll-to-be! <3

So, like ... four years? Three? Though the past couple of months have been very concentrated, hehe~ ^^

16. I think i waited about 2 months before ordering my first doll. I knew from the first time i saw a bjd that they were for me, so i used that 2 months to do my research and save for my E-an.

17. I've known Nezumi_Mouse for a while, but didn't know much about dolls until right after otakon last year. I put Sid on layaway right before the holidays and she came home on spring break. Im on here just about everyday and don't see my fascination burning out anytime soon.

18. I don't remember this……
      I know bjd long long ago~~
      but I get my dolls last year~~
      because till then I have money to hold a doll.

19. I think I waited about 3 months. I had quite a lot of money saved up from before that I didnt know what to do with but then I found this hobby so I didnt have to wait too long to order my big boy. ^^.

20. If you have any doubts at all you should wait a bit I think. I bought one maybe a week after discovering them so I didn't wait at all really :P