1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait?

Jun 6, 2008

1. About two weeks - from the time I saw them until I had the first one in my hands.

2. I learned about them about a year and half ago or so, and have been contemplating on and off from time to time whether I should get one or not. I rarely buy things so I've had a good amount of money saved up for the doll I've finally decided on, but I'm still just nervous about the investment. I've discussed it with my dad several times over the months and he's decided to allow me to buy one, but I just want to make sure that I choose the one that really speaks to me. >.< So indecisive. However, I think I may finally take the plunge this month. ^^

3. This really was the same way that I felt. Good luck on finding the right one for you. I was lucky enough that I knew the moment I looked at a picture of my girl that she was the right one for me. Now I am just waiting for her to get home.

4. I stumbled across Dollfie's on ebay over 3 years ago. I couldn't justify the cost back then, I got into Pullips, then Blythe's, now I'm coming back to BJD's and got my first a few months ago (and now have 3, with 3 on the way :D).

5. I waited two years after I first became interested in BJDs, and one year after I found my "dream doll" to order one. I figured I would be fine, and not get bored of him quickly, since I kept going to the company's website and just looking at their photos for so long.

As for waiting on the doll itself, I ordered him on May 26th, so that makes today day 22.

6. I first heard about BJDs a little over a year ago after my friend decided she wanted to start collecting. At first I thought they were cute but too expensive. Then we were driving to a convention and I had her Bernard on my lap for most of the ride and it was <3. 2 months later I had my 1st boy.

7. the first BJD I saw was from a member from a livejournal-community. it is one to show the bentos you pack with pictures and share recipes and so on. one member wrote in her entry, that she bought a doll and I went to her livejournal and saw the doll. I never heared of BJD before, so I did a little resaerch on BJD and soon found this forum ^^
      that was sometime in february this year. and now I'm still saving for my first doll. I'm on a group order for two minimees and I'm sooo excited~

8. I first learned about BJDs in my 10th grade English class (from an article from a random magazine. Odd assignment). I waited a little over two years after that day to buy my first. Due to money of course, haha. My next dolls I only waited about 4-6 months (after the one before arrived) inbetween them ^^;

9. I waited two years which is how long it took until I could afford one.

10. I waited almost a year because I wanted one as soon as I saw one... it just took a lot of begging to convince my parents to pitch in and help me get one. After all that time I ordered him in March and had to wait exactly 81 days (counted =_______=) but my doll couldn't have been more worth the wait.

11. I had to wait around 3 years to get my first big doll, and my small 1/6th wasn't planned but I got her a year or two ago... I'm still unsure about her though...

12. ummmmmm 2 weeks >.> now maybe three for the new soom doll...i'll order before it sold out near the end of it >.> then for leo. Nearly there!

13. I've been wanting once since about 2-3 years ago, but I couldn't afford it until recently.

14. I first saw a doll a few years ago at an anime convention. I never knew what it was, and the next year the girl was at the convention again with her doll. Turns out if was a Pullip. I got my first one of those this year, and another 3 since.

I went to the convention again this year and went to my first doll collectors meet... There I got introduced to bjds. They amazed me.
      Turns out an old friend (z3r0 on this forum) was into bjds and we got talking loads and she has been showing me sites and things and getting me more and more into them!

So now Im trying to pick a doll....

So really been since about March of this year, but the past few weeks I have been getting reallllly into them!

15. Several years ago at a local anime convention I saw some people carrying them around. then when we went to another convention we went to the panel and learned how much they cost. Thought that I would never pay that much for a doll. Well then I started stalking online (ebay, doll sites) and found my 1st doll. She was and still is my favorite. That was fall 2005. It was another year and a half later before i steadily began getting the rest of my group.

Along the way, I became an enabler, a friend was with me at both conventions and she got her first around the same time i got mine and waited about as long with the rest of hers as well. It is all my fault she started playing with dolls.:doh

16. About 2 months :)

17. Well it seems like forever, but my first should be arriving today or tomorrow actually, a Bobobie Rachel. About only 3 months or so after I saw my first BJD on DeviantArt. She won't have a wig yet, and I'm planning on making her outfits, so poor girl will be nakedy for a while.

18. After seeing the first one at a convention, it took me about a year or so before I actually considered getting one (they slowly grew on me). Then it took me about 7 months to save the money. :sweat

19. see, I bought my first bjd 2 years ago. But I was looking at them for over a year. It's painful, but I held back, until I finally gave in, then I fell even deeper in love with them. Then of course it's a hit for the pockets, so I would save money for a long time, and get on with it.

20. Many years ago I saw the dolls of Souldoll, and I said WOW they are truly amazing but truly a ripoff. Hehehe. So then... I came back to them a while back, maybe 9 months and said... you know, I would love to be a crazy doll person... so thats what happened.