1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait?

Jun 6, 2008

1. I got my doll about a month after joining DoA, which was a few months after I first became aware of BJDs (just through seeing them in people's LJ icons). The one I really loved had been out of stock, and suddenly she was in stock again so I jumped at the chance! Now I can sit back and relax and wait for another perfect one to come along, because there isn't anyone I want particularly at the moment.

2. X3 High five crazy doll person!

3. akasora,
      Three years is a long time. If you haven't changed your mind in that amount of time you are going to regret not buying the doll. Plus as it has been said if worse comes you can always sell your doll. I got into BJD from a friend and within days I put a doll on layway. Believe me I have lots of other things I should probably pay first but I really want the doll. You only live once and things will always happen. First your computer breaks, then you get a speeding ticket then your cat gets sick...If you hold off there always be something in the way. Props to your dad for his kindness, he sounds very sweet.

4. I waited a year plus before I made a final decision ^^

Though I knew about BJDs much earlier @o@

5. three whole years.

i kept trying to save the money, then i'd give up.
      then i'd go visit the volks or dream of doll sites and start saving up again.

it was a long process of convincing myself and rekindling the love (that now is a healthy obsession :)).

totally worth it.
      no regrets. especially since i found DoA within those three years!

6. i vaguely wanted one about a year ago, when I was unemployed, and I'd knew id get a job eventually ( just got out of collage) so I put the idea of getting a doll it on a " wait and see when I have the money list" then i got my current job in February, and rediscovered bjd's and decided that id save all of may 08 to get one and here I am now about to order my first one. ^^

7. Tsukidoll: thank you... ;A; (there are so many nice people on DoA)

8. hehe, i just became interested in latis last week... and, b/c i'm the least patient person on earth, i now have one on the way that i bought from another collector, i can't wait to meet her!

but, i also have 3 alice cherry blossom dolls. i waited a couple months for the first one to arrive!

9. I got mine a month after ordering... an AF Xi. And now I still have another four weeks to wait for my DOT Lahoo -bangs head- WHY does DOD have to take so long? ><

10. I've been waiting for 2 years. Now, I only have 3 more weeks to go!

11. I waited exactly until I found The Perfect One. That timeframe turned out to be one year. I'm glad I waited, for a lot of reasons. If I'd just bought one right away, things might be very different. I kinda like the waiting...it makes it mean so much more when the dolly finally arrives.

12. I waited... Ummm... 1 month until I found the perfect bjd... Byaku, a SI DOD.

13. I've waited from about the summer of three years back. I saw them on DeviantArt and I was like "Oooooh Grandma can I get one pleeeeease?" And at the price she said "Not for that price!" (Duh :P ) But after 3 years of being very intrested them and four years after my other grandmother left me with some money.......I finally ordered a fabulous DollZone Shoyo-3 Cat Girl. She's so pretty. :3

14. I seen some about 5 years ago and looked them up, I so wanted to buy one and looked at all the clothes, but was unable to get one at the time and forgot about them for awhile. Now when I recently found them again, I could not find any reason not to buy one. Specially with the Aussie dollar so strong ^_^

15. Hmmm. I think I first discovered BJDs in the spring of 2001, My first doll was a 1/6 Volks Neo-EB GO and I got him spring 2005, and as of May 14th 2008 became the proud adopter of a 1/3 B&G Sunny. It took me all of two days to decide that I was going to get him. So long story short it took me 3 years to start collecting 1/6th size dollfie and 7 years to start 1/3rd size. All in all I have 4 1/6 Dollfie and just the one 1/3 B&G, hopefuly I will have an LDDoll by this fall to keep my B&G company.

16. i discovered bjds my feshmen year in highschool now a graduated senoir:D i just bought my first bjd yesterday.

17. I discovered BJDs at the end of last year, but was scared away be the price admittedly ^^; But I came back to look at them for cosplay in March and spent a month looking at them and picking out a one I liked. Then I joined DoA and a few days later I bought my first girl. ^^ (Who incidentally hasn't arrived yet!)

18. I waited 3 weeks lol. The time it took to save up.

19. its been less than a year, counting when i started seriously liking them just a few months

20. Well, it has been probably about 4 to 5 years since I "discovered" them and still haven't gotten a doll. :sweat