1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long did you wait?

Jun 6, 2008

1. I have known about them for about one and a half years now, and I only just received my first doll about a month ago.

I always liked them but figured I would never be able to save up that much money. Then when a huge mural commission came along and I was able to finally able to buy my first doll I didn't think twice. But probably if I would have had the money sooner I would have definitely bought one sooner, although waiting made him seem so much more special when he finally came.

2. I became interested in them four years ago and only now plan on buying one.

3. I don't remember how long it took to decide which doll would be my first, I don't think it was over 2 months though
      after I decided which one I would get it took 5 years before I actually got her

so glad I was finally able to though, I love her! :fangirl:

4. The first time I ever saw one I was about 11 or so when a friend got one for Chirstmas. My interest had been on and off with them for many years (mostly due to being young and not having money of my own) but the past 3 years I really got into them again and read EVERYTHING I could, looked at all the pictures I could because I knew I wanted one. It honestly took a long time to find her and I just finally ordered her last week after spending months comparing her to other scupts I thought I might like better.

5. I've wanted one for a long time, probably around 10 or more years. I was just young and wouldn't have had the money for one. Now that I'm not in college it's something I can actually save for.

6. When it came to my first doll I researched for around 1-2 years before even deciding which one I would want. I then had to wait another few months just to buy her and then three months for her to get here. xD I had flipped-flopped around when it came to sculpts and companies for a really long time. (Mostly deciding whether or not I wanted to save up for a more expensive doll or get a Resinsoul doll I had my eye on.) I decided on my more expensive doll (which, now looking at other dolls, isn't all that expensive after all) and couldn't be happier with her!

In your situation, if I was set on the doll I wanted, I'd take the loan. If I was still iffy I'd probably hold off until I was dead set on one.

7. I became interested in bjd‘s about eight years ago and i ordered my first doll two years later~

8. I stumbled upon bjds 6 or 7 years ago but thought I was to old for dolls. A few years ago I found them again and decided that I didn't care about my age and had to have one. It took me a good year to find the doll I wanted. Turns out she hadn't been released yet. Hehe. After I decided on the doll I wanted, It took me 5-6 months to save for her. It took another month for me to receive her.

9. Had been on and off since 2007. I think thats when it really came popular at least to my convention. I remember working at American Girl Place and a guy bringing his doll, cradled on his arm asking if we had clothes for that size (we didnt but I showed him the furniture) - I never thought I could own one and was just overwhelmed with everything.

10. I found out about these dolls years ago and always looked at them from afar. But earlier this year I had a bit of extra money and said "heck with it!" and finally got one! Best decision ever!

11. Well, I had to have the Hatsune Miku Pullip as soon as I saw it, and badaboom-badabam, she was under the Christmas tree. But she led me onto BJDs, and after much, much, MUCH research, I bought a Dollmore Malli 1 year later.

12. Me? Well, my parents bought me one for my birthday about a month after I first found out about BJDs. I kind of jumped in fast, but I don't think I would've been able to wait any longer and keep an interest in the hobby.

13. About 3-4 years...

14. Hmmm honestly speaking, I found out and was highly interested about BJD around 7 years ago but I was a kid back then and didn't have any means of getting them nor the knowledge about them. My interest died off soon after, though I still get excited talking and looking at their images (cause my friend loves them and has a few of them herself).

Finally, last year I managed to get back onto the topic with a friend whom was also interested in buying a doll for herself and I started looking around for dolls too. I realized that hey this time round I can afford to have one of my own and actually bothered figuring out how to do various things myself~ In the end I bought the doll that first caught my eye that 7 years ago, a Crobidoll Yeon-Ho boy~ ^^

15. I bought my first doll two months after finding about BJDs. It wasn't hard to decide because eight years ago, there weren't as many companies and dolls to choose from as we have today. I could've waited and done more research but I thought it would be more fun to learn through experience instead of reading. I regret nothing! LOL...

16. I became interested in BJDs a VERY long time ago. I can't even tell you exactly when. It must have been around 10 - 15 years at least. And only now this year have I been able to purchase one. It's been a long time coming, but I'm excited!

17. About 2 years. I couldn't properly save up until I got a job. I knew which doll I wanted first though so it worked out.

18. After finding out about BJDs (and getting over the intial sticker-shock!), I researched for 2-3 months before ordering my first. It wasn't a hard choice for me, the company who I wanted my first doll from was running a special half-off sale at the time so I ordered him and never looked back :)

19. I was interested in BJD's through Yoshida's wooden ball jointed dolls. At that point the resin dolls didn't even exist yet. So I had a loooooong wait. Unfortunately, because Yoshida's book was titled "Anatomic Doll" I used that in search engines and completely missed the development of the resin "ball jointed doll" scene. There is an art scene in Japan that developed around these dolls fired in clay or made out of wood but I could only find out about them in magazines written in Japanese so I didn't know if I could even buy one and figured we'd be talking thousands and thousands of dollars. When I found out about the resin dolls and could afford one I bought one immediately. So many lost years but now I live in happiness with my soon to be growing doll family....

20. I waited two months, roughly xD

My best friend got her first BJD in early June of this year, after researching for probably a year. I was really jealous, and decided I wanted one too, but at first I really struggled because of the high prices. I placed an order with Resinsoul for my first-ever dolls on August 1st xD Almost exactly 2 months after my best friend got her doll.

Truth be told, I should've waited longer, because a week later a good friend needed to sell some dolls and I jumped at the chance to scoop up one of hers (the MNF Seorin in my sig). So, I'm pretty lucky - 2-3 months into the hobby and I already have one of my grail dolls =)