1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is too long for wait times?

Apr 12, 2018

1. I have been waiting close to 10 months for an Iplehouse doll- that is way too long for me and at this point I have pretty much lost interest in the doll ;__;

2. I feel like I’ve been spoiled. Half my dolls were second hand so like 1-2 week deliveries and the rest took 2 months at most. :sweat

I dont think I could stand it if it took 4+ months. But I guess if I really wanted it I could hang tight. I’m pretty content though that most of the companies I’m considering for my next doll supposedly have pretty fast shipping times.

3. I don't really mind long wait times. I like having time to prepare a wig and lots of clothes/accessories for when they arrive. I'm almost five months into a Dollshe wait and four months into a Doll Leaves wait. I don't expect either of them to be here anytime soon but hey, that's the hobby.

4. I am very new to BJD collecting, but so far, I've only purchased dolls in stock or dolls that the company says they can ship within 2 weeks. I've recently been considering a Loongsoul doll with a 5 month wait time, and what is making me pause on ordering is the 5 month wait time. It's not that I'm concerned about not loving the doll. I absolutely LOVE the doll. It's really more that I just have an issue with paying for something up front that I'm not going to get for 5 months. It feels too easy - especially in today's unpredictable world - that something could happen and the company could fold or not be able to make or ship the doll I already paid for. If there was a way to know the money would be refunded if the doll was not shipped in the specified timeframe, I would feel much better. But, it just seems there is really not enough protection for the buyer in these long wait scenarios which is concerning given how expensive some of these dolls are. I suppose you could contest through Paypal, but I don't really know how feasible that is.

5. Paypal is really good at getting your money back. But, I hate the wait and what if you see another doll that you like better while you are waiting? There is a lot of pressure on the buyer for sure.

6. I’m not super picky about wait times! I kind of drift in and out of the hobby, and while I prefer buying secondhand, it’s fun to buy a new doll, and then get super excited when it finally ships! Makes it feel super rewarding when it arrives. I’m currently paying a layaway on a dollshe, and I know it’ll take forever and a day to get to me- So that gives me plenty of time to stock up on clothes and stuff before she gets here!

7. It took five and a half months for Cherry to get home and that was sheer torture, even though I was very lucky to get it that soon in the current climate. I can't imagine waiting a year or more. That's just crazy to me.

8. I'm afraid of the same thing. I waiting for my DC girl for 11 months and I slowly loose interest in her...

9. Around 6 months before I typically start losing interest, and start resenting the incoming doll for taking so long. And I’m currently over that time limit with 6 dolls and a head I’m waiting on. In fact, I already have plans to sell a few of them as soon as they come in, because my collecting mindset has changed since I first ordered them. I will definitely be sticking to dolls with shorter wait times going forward, because I hate this feeling.

10. Golly, I wait almost a year for a doll dress and still waiting for it

11. I have heard some people have to wait close to a year or more sometimes. Being within this hobby, waiting a long time for a doll is considered common. A rite of passage almost. Waiting 3-4 months is sometimes considered quick.

12. I'm at slightly over 2 months in waiting for my first doll, I have no clue how people can bear a year! I expect she will arrive at about the 3.5 months mark, and that is plenty long enough for me. I have a Maskcatdoll ordered which I expect won't arrive until May (5/6 months?), but I'm planning on making another order with Luts which will hopefully cushion the Maskcat wait. I will admit though that the most I'm used to waiting for online orders is 6 weeks, so joining the BJD hobby when waiting for months is so common has been a big change for me.

13. My first doll I ordered and got her in two months from the main company. My second doll I ordered from a distributor, and it took a little over three weeks. When I ordered my third doll (from another distributor), I didn't realize she was a pre-order; she's sold out with both distributors and the main company. I'm pretty impatient so I was dismayed to find this out after I had already bought her. I wouldn't have changed my mind though, I just hate having to wait. I have absolutely no idea how long it's going to be until she's shipped. I'm hoping maybe just a few months but I'm more a realist than optimist, so it'll probably be longer. How long is too long? A day! Just have to keep myself distracted.

14. It is almost unbearable! I find myself losing interest, just like many of you have said.

15. whaaaaaattt!!! i have waiting for 6 months now and i am prepared for 12 months but every body say at least 2 years! sad face

16. i think that the doll makers should improve their production time, because sometimes it is a ridiculous waiting time, so many of us prefer not to buy the doll
      i think that we should wait no longer than 2 months

17. I guess it depends on the owner's patience. I am not patient for anything over 2-3 months. Mostly, because my taste/plans change so often. So I know that if I were to still wait for a doll I ordered a year or two ago, I'd already begin to create the sales listing for it, because I know I'd not like it anymore when it arrives. But, some people really are okay with waiting even 5-6 months and they're getting even more and more excited with every month, so it's not bothering them. The wait times is what caused my collection to consist of only second hand dolls nowadays (minus the high heel feet for which I have to wait 2 months tops, because I often need to buy them new ;)

18. 2-4 months would be preferable, 5-7 months is acceptable, 8 months i'll except for a doll i REALLY want but i would never wait over 9 months for a doll the thought of someone having so much of my money but not receiving anything for so long makes me way to uncomfortable.

19. I can't wait for any thing too long cause then I forget about it or I just don't care anymore. It also makes me anxious cause they have my money. But waiting for over a year for something is a big fat no no. I will never wait a year no matter how much I want and item or a doll, unless I'm paying off layaway.

20. My shortest wait time was fairyland with.... i think it was 3 months? or 4. now i'm on month 6 of waiting for DF-H to finish my order. however, i ordered an SD full set with jointed hands and extra parts..... so it's understandable it's taking a while. i guess after about... a year, it would get frustrating and i wouldn't want to wait