1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is too long for wait times?

Apr 12, 2018

1. I don't think that I'd be willing to wait longer than maybe 5 months? Because I've noticed that I tend to change my preferences every few months or fall out of love with a sculpt so waiting longer than necessary wouldn't be the wisest idea.
      And once I own the doll I'll know if this is the doll for me (which has always been the case so far:whee:).

2. 6 months is about where I sit confortably, but I'll wait twice that for a doll I'm head over heels for! 8 months to past a year and the doll better descend from the heavens, glowing and perfect with angels singing! :XD:
      I do get antsy when a wait exceeds my layaway, though. It's happened a few times now, only once to rather blah results: 8 months for a DZ Hal on the slimmer girl body, and when she finally arrived I felt extremely underwhelmed with her. Sold fast, at least!

3. I'm a pretty impatient person so 2 months are already long for me. That's why I prefer to buy previously owned dolls. I only have to wait untill they are shipped then. When I do buy new dolls then waiting times are a big deciding factor for me, to be honest.

4. 3-4 month wait times, I’m fine with but when it edges into 5+ months, I find myself reluctant. Like I’d love to order a doll from Souldoll but their wait times are anywhere from 5-6+ months. Just too much for me at the moment.

5. Anything over 6 months would be difficult for me and I don't think I'd consider more than 8

6. I prefer the 3 month max wait time. I can live with 3-6 months. I can manage 9 months. I have done two waits lasting 15 months and 18 months respectively, and those were officially too long.

7. I'm confortable with 4-5 months wait.
      I have waited for a head for 9 months (yep, Dollshe) and I'm not eager to do it again so I'm glad I'm nota attracted yo more dolls from this company.

8. I don’t mind waiting if it’s a doll that I really want ^____^

9. I can wait 6 months, more is too much for me. The more I waited is 9 months for a Classydoll and I really was impatient.

10. Getting into the hobby I'm already prepared for the 1 year+ wait times, it's comforting to know if happens for everyone XD

11. I've been waiting a year and a half for a pair of eyes... That's too long. <_<

Anything less than a year, I'm okay with.

12. currently waiting on a doll and it's about 3-4 months, and honestly sometimes I forget I have a doll coming in

13. I waited almost 11 months for a Dollshe order in 2016, but I research the waiting times (where possible) of all companies I plan to order from, and knew about Dollshe's times, so I took it on the chin and had no complaints.
      I find it far more annoying when companies state that they have a 3-4 month waiting time (for example) and the wait has been 7 (or more) months.
      Admittedly, I was more impatient in my earlier days of the hobby, when a 3 month wait was too much, lol, but now I consider that to be a relatively quick time. It varies so much from one company to another.
      I think companies should give a more honest time-scale of what their customers can expect. I can accept a few weeks either way, but taking twice as long as the stated time is unnacceptable.
      On the other hand, in terms of accessories (clothes, eyes, wigs, etc), I don't like waiting long at all, because I often don't order those until I have the doll, as I want to be sure of what colours/style would suit them.

14. I've never waited longer than 3 months for any doll. Not even when I ordered Pepper, Heavy Rain and Big Dipper in the same order, all with face-ups and fullsets.

15. A year is too long. Some people in the Dollshe waiting rooms are in the 1 year club. Fortunately I was in for just 85 days or almost 3 months which was great.

16. Personally up to 6 months for me, since I feel like I fall in love with other dolls in the mean time xD Ideally up to 3 months but I understand this hobby has a lot of waiting in it and i dont really mind.

17. Maybe a year? I don't buy often firsthand from companies, but I really don't mind waiting too much. I know some companies are a lot busier than others, have different resources, etc. and it's all pretty understandable to me. More than about 12-ish months does seem a tad excessive though and I think if that's the normal turnaround wait time for a particular company, they might look into making some changes if at all possible.

18. I waited about 7 months for my DZ boy several years back. That was a long wait. I've recently purchased a Dollshe boy and I'm just assuming it'll be this side of forever to get him. I'm hoping for less than a year but I'm not going to hold my breath on that. I've also ordered one of the crowdfunded Granado boys and I have zero idea of when he'll be sent to me as I think they still need to actually make the 3D printed model to be sent to the casting place. I stalked an artist blog for almost a year, waiting for the order to open and once I'd paid for my boy, it was another 5 months or so before I got him.

I can certainly be patient but like anybody, sooner is better. I consider a 3 month wait very reasonable.

19. About a year is too long. Normally you would have to wait for 3-6 months, but a friend of mine had to wait for 10 months to receive her DZ Snow. I don't know how anyone can wait that long, for me my excitement would have faded when the doll arrived.

20. I'm just at the beginning of my 6th month :sigh(it seems 6 months is a normal waiting time for Souldoll, if you order the face up or body blush too).