1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is too long for wait times?

Apr 12, 2018

1. I've done resin casting before (OT items)- and back then it would take me three months to fill one day's worth of orders... so I know how long it can take to fill orders while maintaining a high quality product... as long as everyone is upfront and honest about how long it should take, it's not a huge problem. That doesn't mean that I wont factor the wait into what I am willing to order though- The good thing is that there seems to be enough information available here on DoA to get accurate ideas on how long the waits are.

2. i'd be very reluctant to order anything that would take longer than paypal's buyer protection (so like 6 months?). things can and do go wrong and its nice to know that if anything happens i can get my money back, which to me is especially important considering how expensive things in this hobby can be. if it were a reputable and well-known company, i'd probably go maybe 9 months max? even then, i'd probably still be chasing up my order around the six month mark like "you haven't forgotten my order right? it is being done" just for reassurance.
      honestly to me anything longer than a year is just ridiculous, if you can't fulfill an order in that amount of time then there has to be something wrong there.

3. I likely would not have enough patience for a full year. It's my own anxiousness. The most I ever had to wait honestly, was two months for my Resinsoul Summer. Ordered him in the middle of January got him in the middle of March.

4. I had more patience with wait times years ago when I started collecting bjd than I do now, I think. At that point, the waiting was part of the newness of the whole bjd experience. The longest I've ever waited for a doll was between 5 and 6 months. However, I've been kind of spoiled by some super fast doll orders the last few times, and from companies at very different price points, too...Iplehouse had my ebony resin Doll Choice girl in the mail 2 weeks after i placed the order this summer, and then the Angel of Dream girl my husband ordered me for Christmas 2018 arrived in a little under 3 weeks. April Story also got a doll out to me in about 10 days, back in 2014 (that was the first time they did the 40% off sale and said they were discontinuing a ton of their sculpts; they were also claiming that they were going to shorten their regular production time for orders to 2 weeks, and in my case they actually managed it.) After all of those, I feel like it would irritate me a bit to go back to another almost 6 month wait. And I definitely would not be happy about anything longer than 6 months.

5. I waited almost a year for my Narin during the whole D-Storic debacle - in that case it wasn't the time itself that was so bad, since there were plenty of people in the waiting room sharing every scrap of information we had, it was the fact that people were receiving poorly made (putting it lightly) dolls and you had no idea if yours was gonna be one of them. Fortunately, he was fine.

Not sure I'd ever do THAT again. But I'd definitely rather wait longer and get a good product then have the artist rushing and get something as bad as some of those dolls were.

6. After a certain price point, I am willing to wait a much longer period...for a full set doll over $800 I would be glad to wait as long as 9 months. I gues anything over what the company told me to expect is "too long" but you just can't account for that. I am patient!

7. I ordered dollshe for grey skin, I think I need to wait for almost 1 year for my doll to come back, but if the doll is well made I do not mind for waiting a long time

8. I waited 5 month for my doll leaves pepper but it was worth it! but i dont wait to much longer then tahat for a doll.

9. Not only do I hate to wait, but I hate it when I can't find the doll on the second hand market! I used to find lots of dolls on Ebay, but now you have to wade through the re-casts from China! I wish Ebay would not allow recasts!

10. I can't believe they haven't shipped after this long, I hope it's an amazing doll for that wait time.

11. Anything over 2 weeks honestly is too long that’s why I buy second hand and in my country.

12. If it's a doll I really want, I'll wait whatever time it takes. Of course, I'd prefer shorter waits, but it is what it is.

Most of the time I don't mind because part of the wait time is my fault--I need to do layaways, so I'm waiting anyway.

I would definitely NOT like waiting if I was worried that the company might go out of business and not ship the doll!!!! But if I felt reasonably confident a doll would eventually arrive and I really wanted that doll... I'd make order from a company like Dollshe, for instance.

13. As long as I know that what I'll be getting is what I want and I'm aware that I'm signing up for a 6+ month wait, I don't really have a limit. I understand the time consuming work that goes into casting even one doll so I have no problem justifying it to myself and I kind of prefer having a good cushion of time before a doll arrives to plan them out/buy things for them so they don't sit around bald and naked.

14. Well, to be honest, long waiting times is what sometimes makes me decide against buying a doll at all... especially when it comes to Dollshe. The thought of having to wait for almost a year or even longer makes me shiver... I am not the patient one, I guess ^^
      About three to for months seems to be acceptable for me but if it would take longer I‘d fear to have lost interest until the doll arrives.
      Unfortunately finding a certain doll on second-hand seems to be very hard...

15. I think I max out around 6 months. It’s not that I couldn’t stand to wait longer, it’s that I can’t perdict life changes any farther out. It would be a nightmare to be waiting on a doll when I’m moving or something.

16. Over 4 months for me. I waited about 6 for one of my bodies and at month 4 I kind of regretted it and wished I had chosen from another company with a quicker turn around time.

17. Actually it's 3-4 months and I try to avoid buying dolls with longer production times, except when I really, really want a doll so much. I also like to buy second hand if it's a doll with long production time.
      My first bjd, a gemofdoll Sofier, took 9 moths with faceup, bodyblush and wig. This was quite a long waiting time for me.
      I think I really couldn't wait for a doll over one year.

18. I waited 10 months for my dollshe david, omg is too long, almost forgot him

19. The longest I've ever waited for a doll was around 7~8 months for a Ringdoll Red King. The waiting went kinda smoothly, actually, although I'm a very anxious type of person and that's why I decided to order another Ringdoll fullset this month (It will probably take around the same amount of time, but I'm well prepared for that xD).

Now I know that I can handle a 7-months-waiting, however everytime I think of ordering on Dollshe I get discouraged by their waiting time. I don't know, 10 months to one year (or even more) for a doll is more than I can take, wich is very sad because I'd love to have a Dollshe's girl for one of my characters. Maybe some day I'll try ordering on Dollshe, but I can't see it happening anytime soon.

20. Well...the second doll I ever ordered was a Soom doll during what was then their wait times of dooooooom, so I guess I learned to be patient early on. I think 3-4 months is pretty normal, less than that is a happy bonus. 6-9 months is doable for me. 1 year....that's where I draw the line. 1 year or more...is just a very long time...