1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is too long for wait times?

Apr 12, 2018

1. IOS was very fast with my head (only a month) Three and a half months was my longest wait time (Universe Doll body only), and my package sits two weeks on costums... but I waited a bit more than a month for an instock doll for the same reason. Any doll I order will sit there for a while so I count an extra month when I calculate the waiting time. I thinkig about a Doll chateau now, but I am not sure if I can handle 7 months of waiting... Maybe I will loose interest if I wait that much.

2. Now that I have another long wait time doll, I would like to reinforce that a long wait is okay when the company keeps you updated. If they say it will arrive in August, and then tell me it will arrive in December, and don't give me any further updates, I will be irritated that it's now almost April and still. No. Doll. Lack off communication makes me scared I missed a shipping notice. Delays happen. Unannounced delays suck.

3. 3months feels already too long for me cause I get really too excited. :XD: But when I hit the 3months mark, I somehow loss the excitement and there is when my patient begins to grow and I would sometimes forget about the doll until it its finally here. :sweat The longest Ive waited for a doll is 1year and 3months and still counting. *_*

4. I want to say that dollshe's 12-month wait times seem like a horror story. I get that it is a very popular company (i get it, I love most of their sculpts too) but a year? that's way over my waiting limit. I would say that 6-7 months begins to be a bit over my limit.

5. I love Lati dolls especially the cute little Lati White, but the one year (or even longer...) wait times stop me in pre-order. 4-6 months is my maximum. I rather pay a bit higher price for an in-stock doll in second hand market.

6. The maximum I am willing to wait is six months for a doll, really, and I have to seriously want that doll to wait that long.

7. A year, I think. I can wait at least 6 months if they noticed me before purchase.

8. 3 months is my max

Anything more than 4? No thanks
      I ordered a popodoll which came in just two months

9. My first two kids- Custom House Choa and S'ram arrived ridiculously quickly but I had no arrival expectations. But my next few dolls- Dollmore Ipsae arrived in about a month so I immediately ordered Mellow Cole (plus an extra body) from them which also arrived in about a month. Then came My Soom Gina- again arriving within a month or two. My Mecha Angel Deneb was about two months and her boy friend Mecha Angel Sabik the same (except he came unassembled). Now, because the wait times were bearable (look, I understand the process and the requirements for quality) I just ordered a Dollshe Amanda (11/9/19)- one of my grail dolls on the ridiculously inexpensive sale at just over $300- an offer not to be ignored. Also ordered face up and some clothing items. Contacted the company for the wait time- 7-8 months! OH NO, OH NO... I am WAY too impatient- I read the end of "who done it" novels first because I can't stand the anticipation! I can't believe I now have to wait that long! I am REALLY annoyed. As a distraction, I need to order an Iplehouse whom I heard has very fast delivery. Dang it! Don't have special sales if you can't fulfill the orders- common sense?

#169 thombrian, Dec 31, 2019
      Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    10. Oh man reading some of these wait times im both horrified but also impressed LOL! I'm a pretty impatient person, if only because i know that I have a track record of losing interest in things really quickly because I obsess so much over them. Thankfully resinsoul isn't too much of a wait (mainly the wait being to do with me having to layaway) and other dolls I've bought second hand. Im sure i'll find myself waiting longer for a doll thats super special though. When you love something so much its surprising how long you can wait for them.

11. I think it all goes down to one's motivation and dedication to a specific doll. In the world of secondhand market, I can't possibly force myself to wait anymore. I'm very keen on used dolls, most of my 2Hnd dolls were in as good as new condition so I never had a feeling I got something "used" or worse for not being directly from a company. But on the other hand I can understand someone's desire to have a doll freshly made just for them. I can see the magic there. So at the end of he day, it's really all about how much YOU are willing to sacrifice (your time and money) for a dream doll.

I do however think it's only fair when you know IN ADVANCE that the wait will be long. I really think it's unprofessional when companies keep delaying deliveries and can't stay on schedule!

12. Waiting 6-7 months is a breeze of waiting compared to waiting 13 months of the 18 months for my volks order that was delayed from the somewhat expected 12 month wait. I'll never complain about waiting again :...(

13. It depends on the company/seller. I usually wait around 5-6 months!

#173 Kananshii, Jan 3, 2020
      Last edited: May 15, 2021
    14. I don't mind wait times at all. I am not the type to invest in a doll I dont truly want, and if I want it enough to buy it I want it enough to wait as well. The meantime can be spent getting small things for it to keep the impatience at bay in case.

I just said yes to a 200 working day wait because I want a particular doll in tan resin :XD:. Its a long wait but he'll be home before my exchange ends :thumbup

15. I believe when you're expecting something a lot, it's psychically a long time, even if it might cost you only from 3 days to a week for waiting...
      In my opinion, a waiting time which longer than 3 months should be long. Thanks God, it usually cost me about 2 months only for my child to arrive...

16. 3 months is my limit, I'm so totally not patient when it comes to waiting but exceptions could be made haha

17. More than a year
      i like maybe 3-4 months

18. I waited about a year from payment to arrival for my two dolls, but they were my grails. I wouldn’t wait that long for another doll, especially if it were for a doll in stock. Probably 4 months for a preorder and 2 weeks for in stock would be the most I’d wait.

19. Not sure if I have a wait time limit that would impact an actual purchase. It would depend on the amount of customization and seller communication.

20. I think my limit would be past 6 months; right now my MiracleDoll order will probably be around that time. Personally Dollshe wait times are ridiculous; I'd only buy one secondhand honestly, no matter how beautiful the sculpts are.