1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is your wishlist?

Apr 7, 2017

1. I've only been fully into BJDs for a couple of months now, so I'm sure my wishlist will change in the future, but right now I'm only intent on buying one other doll, with two others as tentative/maybe in a year or two:

Definite Wishlist
      1. Maskcat Juni

Tentative Wishlist
      1. Maskcat Bruna
      2. Maskcat Lisette

I have very specific taste, apparently. But I also wear lolita fashion, which is quite expensive, so it's been tough trying to balance buying for both hobbies - even when I'm only currently buying things for one doll while saving up for my next one! But I want them to have very nice eyes, a perfect wig, and a few well-made, good quality outfits each... beauty is expensive!

2. I love making wishlists/// I write my lists by priority and usually I also apready planned for which artist that I want to commission the face up of, which artist should I commission the eyes of, ready made clothes or custom clothes, etc.

But sometimes I also buy when I see a limited sculpt, usually a handmade sculpt or anything I can afford based on my financial condition at the time.

To make sure if I really wanted the doll or not and not just impulse buying, I always sleep on it for a week or two. If I still want it after that, then I will save for that doll.

Wishlist is also very useful for impulsive people with no self restraint like me xD. Whenever I see a doll I like I will write it on my wishlist and rank it based on priority compared to my other lists. Usually I will have second thoughts when comparing and I will then know whether I really want to buy that doll or not lol.

Currently there's only a few left in my wishlist, but it just keep adding up and will add up even more even if I already purchased some of my wishlist lol. I am feeling happy and guilty for my wallet at the same time xD

3. My wishlist is pretty small I'd say as I've only got six on there. Though I tend to have a habit of impulse buying though which I need to stop :XD: My wishlist also tends to change quite a bit because I change my mind on things I want. Only thing that's stayed since I've started the hobby is a Harucasting Maji in tan.

4. Oh dear. When I first started the hobby and had zero to one doll, I only put down Grail dolls (dolls that first inspired me to get into the hobby and/or were outside my price point and/or were limited editions/discontinued/one-offs). Overall, my wishlist has gone down by one doll but then increased by a lot more in the 13 years I've been in this hobby. My dolly family on the other hand has simply exploded. Only one of them was from my wishlist. Hahahaha. So I guess wishlist is still kind of exclusively Grail dolls but now has a few attainable dolls on it.

I typically mull over a doll for a while before I buy it, especially if it is expensive. If I see a doll online that I like, I usually try to see it in person at some point before I buy it. Since I buy from one doll company, I usually have faith in that I'll like the doll especially if there is no chance of seeing the doll in person (whether it is a one-off or super limited in availability). However, with companies I haven't bought from, it is definitely a must to see and possibly handle either the exact doll or any doll from that company in person.

5. I was lucky to be able to get my serious grail doll when I was fairly new to the hobby and I managed to score him from a local friend.

I have one other grail and a few dolls that I want. I am hopeful someday I’ll be able to bring him home.

Though I remember I would often decide I wanted some more random dolls on a whim and then later I didn’t want them.

6. My wishlist is really long... 16 dolls for now. Currently I need to pay for one head and next year I want at least one body for the floating heads that are currently in the drawer.

7. Right now I've only got one on the "definite" list- an Atelier Momoni Kitty M. The "maybe" list has 12 dolls on it, some easier to get than others. Dolls may get moved to the "definite" list as I refine what I like. I've got a few I'm considering selling right now.

8. Doll wish list…. Oh boy. I don’t even have a doll yet and I’ve got a long wish list along with some imho near impossible grails:

touken ranbu doll collaboration dolls
      Mikazuki munechika - probably have to wait until the poster sword comes back into production again. He’s impossible to find second hand it seems, and the “custom” similar wigs and eyes on Stacy’s are sold out.
      Tsurumaru kuninaga - good lord tsuru you’re expressive and out of my budget even as a layaway. No way I’m gonna be able to raise 2k usdough before October 6th.

more attainable wish list once I save up enough (or whenever the usd to cad exchange rate drop back to 1.27 instead of 1.37….):
      Akagi doll Yair 45 cm version (I don’t love your sculpt enough to try for the bigger 66cm sorry)
      Telethesia Alcate full set

9. My wishlist is divided into tiers. It is also extremely long. I find this way to be the best way to keep track of things I truly want and things I just like to look at.

1st Tier: actually unobtainable dolls
      Sometimes people will be like "no doll is unobtainable!!" You are wrong and there are a few. I have no expectations to get these but it's fun to dream about.

2nd Tier: doll experiences
      Things like being given a tenshi, doing an in person FCS order at Sato, and an omukae ceremony. The thought of doing these things is more important that the doll I would get out of it. I'm sure the doll would be quite special once I did have it!

3rd Tier: items that I could actually buy
      These are mostly option parts and accessories for dolls I already own. There's a doll on here that I would buy if I were lucky enough to win him, but wouldn't otherwise.

4th Tier: dolls that it is only a matter of time for me to cave on
      I already have the most beautiful male and female 1/3 sculpts to ever exist so I really don't need more dolls at all. If these dolls showed up at an amazing deal though I couldn't resist.

5th Tier: dolls I love, but do not want to buy
      This tier is by far the most massive. I can list any sculpt I like a lot! Somehow it feels good to write them down and also good enough to look at owner photos of them. Some of them are perfect candidates for doll experiences i.e. one-off wins or a Sato FCS order, others are just doll I have grown fond of looking at over the years. A few of these dolls move up and down from 4th tier, but I try to keep 4th tier as minimal as possible.

Bottom Tier: dolls I had on my wishlist forever ago and no longer have any wish to own
      This tier made me realize that I do not and have never liked the face of the doll that was my dream doll for many years when I first started. It was a strange realization to make that I was only in love with her fullset. It's not a useful list but it's fun to look back on who I once dreamed of.

10. Just 2 right now:
      Fairyland Pukipuki Cupid 3
      Impldoll Harley (preferably tan skin)

11. I have tiers (like a lot of people, it seems!). Mine is simply divided into Regular Wishlist and Longshot Wishlist.

The Regular Wishlist is dolls or characters I am intending on bringing home (and am able to!) in the foreseeable future. That means I'm confident that I can find the doll, and afford it + all the extras that it needs (in some cases, I may even already begin purchasing the extras as they come along). This list is only a few dolls long because I don't really have a lot of space or desire to spend a ton of money on the hobby at the moment. It's got three characters on it, all of whom have several dolls that may be a potential fit (actually, I'm pretty sure I narrowed Dot down to one).

The Longshot Wishlist is for fun. If I win the lottery/write the next Percy Jackson/marry a rich football player, I'll get the dolls on that list, but at the moment I know that if I get those dolls, I will be selling them a few months later due to lack of space and wanting to spend the money on something else. They're my favourite dolls or are close matches to my other dear characters, but I simply don't like them enough to actually invest energy, time and money into maintaining them. That list has many more dolls on it, but I'm pretty confident most of them won't ever make their way over here (unless...?)

12. I don’t have many right now, just a couple of sculpts that I already have but in different resin colors. In between looking for those dolls I pretty much buy when I see something I like and don’t stick to a wishlist.

13. Pretty short right now. All of them are "If I have the money, I might buy them at the right price" or "I'm kind of thinking of getting them" tier.

14. I have 7 on my wish list at the moment. And some of them are impossible to get at this point...:atremblin:atremblin:atremblin

15. Oh dear. I'm probably at about 20 on Wishlist, I actually knocked 2 off this last month which I'm super happy about, and I may be knocking off a third at the end of this month. Many are artist dolls as I love the variety in sculpts cause I'm not a fan of all my dolls looking the same haha

16. My wishlist used to be like miles long, but I’m getting better about not adding dolls i just see and like and assume I want them. Now it’s dolls I’ve seen over and over and can’t seem to pull away from loving them or the company. So now my list is probably 25 items at the moment?

17. For me the planning and daydreaming is one of the best parts of the hobby! I'm not sure about how long the actual list is and how many of my plans are never going to happen.

My current list consists of:

1. Popovy Sisters Little Owl
      2. Twigling Ingenue
      3. Peakswoods dolls (Lemon Blue, Tristan...)
      4. Lillycat Constantine
      5. Lillycat Ombre

I also have quite many "maybe"-dolls, such as:
      1. Blackcherry Dolls Kaorin
      2. Peakswoods Kasspio

I really love spending time thinking about new doll purchases. I find that it's a very vital part of the whole doll hype for me. It's always lovely to make plans.

18. Feels great to write it, but as for dolls, my wishlist recently became officially empty! During 2022 I managed to fulfil every doll want, plus as a cherry on top of the cake I also managed to sell a lot of dolls that just didn't bring me joy anymore. So a successful year one could say!

My WTB list was once a "but for money, I'd have this" list as I was a student with very little leisure budget, but since I got financially stable, it soon turned into a "I'd have this if it weren't so darn hard to find" list. I found the last four dolls or doll parts from my WTB list within a month, and the oldest of those was discontinued 10 years ago so far before I even knew what a BJD is.

Now while there's no dolls or parts on the list anymore, there's always room for something more that sneakily wants to make its way into my collection. Another spare outfit my dolls could use, or another shoes. More eyes or more wigs. But I don't consider those "wishlist items" as they're not any specific sets or hard to obtain fullset items, but just random impulse wants.

19. I have a whole powerpoint full of dolls! Each page has multiple photos, and links to where I can buy the doll. I like going through and rearranging it, to reflect how much I want the doll!

20. I have a wishlist that's around 20 dolls, although most of them are "kind of like, not really want." Even if I was able to somehow get all of them, I have no idea how I would have space for all of them, not to mention all of the materials I'll need to get for their faceups and clothes since these are all blanks and I'll need make everything custom.