1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long is your wishlist?

Apr 7, 2017

1. Super looooong. But like a lot of you guys, it's separated into dolls I'm actually planning vs. dolls I might get haha. And dolls that I really want but are really rare or hard to get have their own category. I list pretty much all of them in my DoA wishlist but I want to make a more organized and separated one... DoA wishlist doesn't have enough space TnT

2. My wishlist is SUUUUPER long, but my serious wishlist is only maybe 8-10 dolls long? There's a lot of dolls that I really like the look of, and if I had hundreds upon hundreds of dollars of disposable income, I would probably buy every single one! My serious wishlist is dolls that I really do plan on actually purchasing someday and adding to my collection. :D

3. Oh dear, I'm in love with sooooo many beautiful dolls, but in my "holy grail list" only 10 of them. Best of the best:aheartbea
      Never enought money for ALL what I want:atremblin

4. Too long and growing by the hour! I feel like my tastes are changing as I'm exposed to more variety through IG and YouTube etc. I love making inspiration boards of dolls on Pinterest but it's getting overwhelming, lol

5. Mine is actually only one. I'm very happy with my current crew, and there's just one missing face for me :) But I don't plan on tracking her down anytime soon--the two newest arrivals still have a LOT of work to be done!

6. I think most of the space on my computer is taken up by wishlists of all sorts of things i collect as well as pictures to go with each listed item xD

7. Very small, only 3 doll.
      But the possible bjd list, that is to see if I will still like them later is 44 bjds. It gets cut pretty quick and I wouldn't be surprised if only 5 remained from it.

8. Mine got considerably shorter after I got my first handful of dolls (since those dolls narrowed down the types I like best) and shorter still once I received my grail doll. I have a 'probably always wishing' list of dolls that I really admire but my actual doll WTB list is currently...5 max? My items list is longer and full of things for my current dolls' styling.
      Realistically there is a finite number of dolls I can play with often and only so much space I want to devote to them. Dolls are a big hobby for me and I can't see ever giving them up but I have a couple of other hobbies and projects that demand cash, time and space too.

9. :3nodding: I think making a big list of dolls you like/want is a wonderful thing. Even if some seem out of reach, who knows? Maybe an opportunity will come at just the right time!

My personal list is very small. I only really have things on my "real" wishlist if I have a real idea what I would want to do with them. But there are lots and lots of dolls I think are so pretty or cool or whatever!

10. I don't have much space and money so I try to limit to just top 3-5 dolls that keeps changing now and then. But I also have a separate list for limited dolls that I must get if they ever get released again.

11. Well, I have some kind of wishlist, the type headed: 'I shall buy these the day their quirks are fixed', i.e. bad looking joints, not the right head, bad posers, no time to check on the new body, not the right colour, too expensive for what is offered, etc.

12. I can spend ages looking through all the dolls available and picking out the ones I would love to own, but wishlist dolls? An Iplehouse Eric; he's been my Grail Doll since the early days, back when I started this hobby in 2012. Soom; possibly Dia (male), or Hyperon. For me, it's more about the companies they come from than it is the individual dolls; Iplehouse, Soom, Souldoll...

13. I have had a wishlist like 20-dolls long xD
      But I made a vow a couple of years ago to maintain in my wishlist only those doll whose entire character I could visualise, describe and integrate in a concrete story with others so right now there are 5 dolls on my wishlist from MSD to tiny size.
      There are also 2 more on a hidden one but they are limited so it's not likely I will find them but I keep them in just in case xD

14. There are a lot of dolls I like, but the only dolls that have remained on the wishlist throughout the years are Dollshe Salubia and a couple discontinued Volks heads. I stand little chance of finding what I'm looking for and if they did appear I probably wouldn't have the funds to spare, but I still hope to find them someday.

15. I have 2 dolls currently on my must have list. Iplehouse Asa and a body for my Or-doll heads. I also have several sets of clothes, shoes, wigs, eyes and several other accessories.....

16. I don't have anything on my wishlist at the moment (existing dolls that is), but I do have a couple of dolls that I would purchase in a heartbeat if they were created. I had a dream about a beautiful tan Soom Idealian male with hooves that I so desperately want them to create now :...( I would also love to have a Kogitsunemaru doll from Touken Ranbu. It appears that Dolk is planning for a couple Touken Ranbu cast dolls in the future, but sadly no mention of Kogistunemaru.

17. I have a wishlist, but it's unspecific. I know I'd like another Granado, some more Minifees, a Raccoon Doll, another MYou, and so on, but I don't keep a list list of specific sculpts. It stresses me out to do so, and I'm not sure why. Maybe I feel like, if I name them, I should be actively trying to bring them home, and I'm more focused right now on finding bodies for some of my floating heads and just finishing a few of my dolls. When that focus changes, I'm sure my list will narrow accordingly.

18. Yep. I like to have a list because it keeps things organised and helps me budget.
      So I know I need to save for this, then this, then this. I even have a priority of which I get first

Of course this doesn't include second hand impulse buys ahem.

My lists are divided by which "grouping" too.
      So my MSD resinsoul lot are all a D&D Party and the priority there is to finish the party. I have one doll left but a few side characters i'd like to dollify for fun. I'm a sucker for medieval fantasy.
      Then have my "old OC" shell group who will all be Souldolls.
      Then we just have the "this doll is cool and I want it but have no specific plans, just want" list. Which includes a few DC, some custom stuff, just basically a bunch of dolls that are weird and awesome that I desperately want to own lol

Then there's my "maybe one day" list which features a few mega hybrid custom jobs and annoyingly, a fair few le long since discontinued sculpts to make a doll of a few of my alien races. That's sorta a "if I see it..." sort of list.

But yeah, on the whole I keep lists because it helps me budget, prioritize and decide which dolls I LOVE rather than getting overwhelmed with all the pretty things.

19. I just have 6 dolls on my wishlist right now, because I like the sculpt and the brand.
      I think maybe if I have my own place later, also if I have enough money, I'll buy all of them.
      But right now I just happy I finally purchase my first doll and still wait for them.

20. I have quite the system for wishlists. I use a spreadsheet to keep track of all my different hobby wishlists (tea sets, books, design, bjds, etc.) and then I have further subcategories within those. For bjds, I looked through every doll on every company on the wiki list, and a few that I'd heard of that weren't there, and then listed all the dolls/bodies/heads/companies I liked on a list.

There were about 200 dolls that I then sorted through to see which ones I really could see myself spending money on (about 1/4 of them). Finally, I sorted those lists into story groupings (either pre-existing stories or ones that came to mind as I looked at the dolls), a list of "parts" to use if I need a character (sculpts I wouldn't know what to do with/wouldn't fit, bodies I liked, companies that seemed promising but didn't have anything quite right), and a list of rare/discontinued dolls I'd love to have if I had a lot of luck (for the lottery ticket and finding the doll!).

The story groupings are listed by how easy it would be to make the setting and characters, and there's one story that would cost so much to make real that I just look at the sculpts online for inspiration. There are only about 4 stories I want to work with, and about 5 dolls for each story, so I guess you could say there are 20 dolls on my real wishlist, but only about 2 more for my current story.

Sorry for the long response. Making lists is half the fun for me in all my hobbies!