1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. Between my first doll and my second there was over a year gap. The only reason really is because life was hectic during that time and I just didn't have anytime to play with dolls. But things have been settling down recently, and so it's only a matter of money now, but that's coming along slowly...:...(

2. Months! Possibly a year. But then my partner bought my Ryung and she was very pricey. He also bought me lots of other non bjd related dolls throughout the year that were much less expensive so I wasn't totally devoid of exciting dolly parcels to wait for. I bought Uyoo Elf myself only last month but then she was a lot cheaper than Ryung and very different.

3. I got my first doll in August last year, and bought my second and third in February this year. ^^

Though if it wasn't for my birthday, I'd only have two right now. ^_^

4. im currently saving for my first two.

5. Alice & Umeko (Volks SD Kurumi & Volks SD13 Cyndy, bought from Volks & someone here) were paid for around the same time, early January. Umeko came within a few days, Alice on the other hand I had to wait for 3 months

6. I have aquired six since August 2005. For most of them I had a part time job and most of the money for my dollies came from that. I had no regular intervals between dolls tho...

Sora, was the first, and only after 6 months of planning and saving. I was planning just to have him... Roxas was an unintended splurge. I got him in Feb 2006, from eBay. Shouya was carefully planned and purchased in May of 2006. Jeimi was unintended, a MSD body through DOA and a head from Luts in July, I think. I had to quit the part-time job 'cause I was burning out, but I managed to save for Danny (and presents!) for December. And Iikiba was a deal I made with my other half if I would permit him to buy an ATV. He just came Apr 11 this year.

So, I guess my intervals would be 7 months, 3 months, 2 months, 5 months and 4 months... so far. I still have 'em all with no regrets. :lol:

7. 2 months. My first arrived in June '06, and the second in August '06.

8. I'm very, very bad, I got the first 2 at once.

9. My first was September 2005, then a second March 2006, and the third September 2006--and they were on the 15th, 18th, and 19th, respectively, so that makes them all almost precisely 6 months apart!

10. 23 months apart between the first and second doll I got

11. Well, I still don't have my second yet. (grin) It's been 7 months. I'm hoping I get into the NY Dolpa and aim to get my second one there!
      Pam in DC

12. I ordered them the same day, and they arrived one day apart.

That was in January.

I now have nine dolls.

All of them were compulsive buys. x_x

13. Literally a few weeks apart. After I got Skyler, I didn't plan on getting another for a while, so I could spend time bonding with him (and to pay my mum back for him). But then Nuru presented himself, who I would have got eventually anyway, and he was too much of a great opputunity to pass up. So, yeah, less than a month for me and my boys :lol:

14. Well my second guy (Tay) is not here yet and his body has not been purchased... but the time period between the purchase of my first guy (Gab) and Tay's head is roughly three month time ;^^. Anyway I think it will take a long long time for Tay to be completed... Roughly half a year I think because I still need to buy his body and I have no money... And he has to be sent away for a face-up... Anyway I am surprised at how fast I have planned for my second doll when I have swore that I would never consider getting another one... I guess I just couldn't resist school A... I did try though XDDD!!

15. Hmmm. Well, to actually get him in my hands, two months. But I started paying him off about ... half a month later? Maybe a little more? I was lucky enough to have the money for both of my first two pretty much on-hand. I wish that happened more often! ^_^

16. I got Narin in Febuary for my Christmas/Deans list present. I just blew off a HUGE chunk of my reimbersment check for Kyle. He wont be coming home for some time. I know thats really soon to get a second doll but I promissed myself not to get anymore dolls for a LONG time.

17. 4 months...> <

Actually, it may be five considering how slow LUTS is. >>
      Then again, considering when I bought Chrno, it's actually more like 3. O O;

18. Heh... I bought Cady (Pure Milk Dana) in July 2005. Then I put a layaway deposit on a Soulkid Katie one week later. Three days before Cady came home (mid-September 2005), I bought a LF Bada, who arrived two days after Cady. *shakes head* I was extremely impulsive in my initial dolly purchases.

19. I ordered my FCS around October 15th 2005, he arrived home November 5th. My old F-27's head was bought in February the next year, his body in march, then his face up later that month, and he was fully put together in May. By then I had bought my Kohya from VolksUSA on April 27th, so he came before my F-27 and I went from one to three in about two weeks :sweat

20. I got Bailey Feb 22nd (a gift).

Dutch was ordered March 15th. :sweat err heh

Then another in May, another in July, and in August... And then student loan repayment started. :...(

On average I've been getting one doll every two months. I think something like 1/6 of my annual income goes to this hobby, it's not normal!