1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. There are seven years between my first and second dolls. I definitely wanted more when I got my first, but as a 13 year old I didn't have my own source of income and my family hit some really hard times. Now that I'm in college and have a job all year round I am so excited to have been given the gift of my second doll. The monetary aspect was the real obstacle for me.

2. I ordered my first 2 together, traded 1, then got my next 5 or so the same year. Actually, I think I got all 12 of my dolls withing the first 18 months of my first order. But I haven't gotten an new dollies since (well... except for a floating head)

3. I ordered my first on February 7 (2016). I wasn't even through a full month of waiting when I found my second (About February 25?), but I fell for him so hard, I simply could NOT pass him up. I had to have him!

4. First doll arrived on the 30th July 2014. Second doll arrived 1st December 2014. I'm averaging two dolls a year, about six months apart each. :thumbup

5. I ordered my first bby in April 2015 and received her a month later in May; then, I ordered my second in July and received him in August :XD: It seemed a little abrupt to me at the time but I know now that I really prefer having multiple dolls. Idk if it sounds weird but I like the way some of them have "chemistry" with each other. I also like to have more than one so if I get bored/have a hard time with one, I can take a breather and work on or hang out with one of the others.

6. I received my first doll for Christmas 2014 and my second arrived in november 2015

7. I bought them together, but the second one arrived almost a month later

8. Well I got Avian in November, So that would mean about five or six (depending on when they get here) months in between! I am super excited to get another doll.

9. 10 months, haha! I got my first doll in July of 2015 and my second one is on her way!

10. Bought my first doll in February of this year and put my second doll on layaway last month. Only reason they're so close together is because IOS is having that sale and I wanted one anyways, so this seemed like the perfect time to take advantage of that. So all in all, only a few months.

11. To acquire a second doll it took me probably a month. I was so excited about my first purchase and decided that my doll has to have a friend and a mini doll. So I went ahead and ordered another doll and a little plush toy.

12. Ordered or received? Makes a difference. I put EID Dexter on layaway in Sept 2011, then 2 weeks later bought a little Dragondoll girl online & got her within the week. I also put 2 other dolls on layaway that October LOL

13. 5 months between receiving my first doll and ordering my second :)

14. One month. To be honest, I went a little crazy at first. :)

15. For me, a couple of months.

16. One week. As soon as she arrived I decided I wanted another one and prepared to order my next doll. Before I ordered I found a second-hand doll for sale with the skin tone I wanted and he's now here!

#836 dolphinnsfan, May 8, 2016
      Last edited: May 8, 2016
    17. I ordered my first doll on June 7th 2012 through Denver Doll layaway. A 5stardoll Lydia. I really liked her, but we have not really bonded. Money was tight and I could not buy her a bunch of clothes, or even a new wig (she came with a free wig as a gift luckily). I attempted to sell her once, but just did not have the heart to do so. I plan on using her as my faceup practice doll and maybe finding out who she really wants to be! I don't think I can ever sell her since she was my first doll.

5Stardoll Lydia:

[​IMG]

I really did not think I would be able to get more dolls any time soon and years went by, but on Jan 1st 2016 I was happily able to order a new doll through Mint on Card. The company I bought from is called Aimerai and I guess they are not as known because I could not find many posts about them, or youtube videos. I got the adorable fullset of Belle and also qualified for an event gift Zya doll. (12.7 elf girl!)

Aimerai Belle:

[​IMG]

Aimerai Zya: [​IMG] [Mine comes blank]

But wait, it gets better!

My birthday is May 14th and my husband let me order (and pay in full) another doll from Mint on Card. This time a Doll Love Fuyumi. She was in stock, so she should be here any day now. I ordered her on May 6th. I also got two wigs. One wig for my first doll and a wig for Fuyumi. I hope I have some items here that will work out for the three girls I will soon have, but I look forward to putting in some supply orders soon and taking my dolls around stores and finding things for them.

Doll Love Fuyumi:
      [​IMG] [Mine comes blank, no clothes]

Now I do have tentative plans for more dolls I will be putting on layaway soon if all works out. I have my eye on a few SD girls, so one of my next orders will be an SD most likely.

18. I ordered my first bjd on June 27, 2015 and I just recently ordered my second bjd on May 4, 2016 so almost a year. I normally like to finish up one doll before I move on to the next (she was finished a month after she arrived to me). I had hoped to get another one right after she was finished but life happened and I had to put it off for awhile. I'm super excited to receive my second bjd. Hopefully the gape won't be as long for the third.

19. It's been about a month over a full year between my first doll and second doll. Not for saving reasons or anything I just felt that one was enough for a while and I wanted to give it a year to see if it would be a hobby that I would stick to or yet another of my many hobbies I was very passionate about only to drop it a few weeks later.

20. Well, for me the gap was...more than 8 years.:ablink:

I got my Triya in December of 2007, and I was really excited for my first MSD. Then family issues, a move, and other hobbies drew me, the hobby, and my girl apart.

My next doll order didn't get done until January, 2015. He's an SD RS Long. I'm starting to get back into the hobby, and now have a couple girls on the way, and a few unfinished ones to do!:)