1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. Mmmm if I recall, I got my first doll in January of 2015, second in March of 2015.

2. I got my first doll almost two years ago, I'm getting my second one around August this year. >< Now, that I'm back into BJD, as soon as I get my 2nd I want to order a 3rd ..!

3. I think it was 2 months in between of receiving my first one, and then ordering another?

4. I got my first doll, Zephyr in October of 2015. Then I fell in love with another doll and began working part time so I could afford him. Just several days ago, on May 27th I ordered my second doll, Elswyth. He is a Doll Chateau Mephisto. So....7 months in between getting my first and second dolls but I will be waiting 1-6 months for him to be made.

5. I got my first doll, Zephyr in October of 2015. Then I fell in love with another doll and began working part time so I could afford him. Just several days ago, on May 27th I ordered my second doll, Elswyth. He is a Doll Chateau Mephisto. So....7 months in between getting my first and second dolls but I will be waiting 1-6 months for him to be made.

6. I bought my Souldoll Chiron secondhand while I was waiting for my SOOM to come :'> so about a week between

7. I ordered my second doll two months after my first them my third one month later

8. Three months. LOL, I got Johnny in March of '16, and I got Alistair earlier this month.

9. I bought my first doll in mid July I believe and then I bought a new doll about two weeks after for an incredible deal. I just couldn't wait to expand my collection!

10. It took me about a year to get my second doll, and six months later, I have 6...

11. So all these years I've had this idea in my head that I waited so long before getting my second doll, years and years but I just looked into my old posts and that's not true at all lol! My first doll (Luts Yder) arrived in November 2005 and my second doll (Mythdoll Leroi, re-sold long ago) arrived in spring or summer of 2006 :sweat

So my timeline would be like this:

2005: Luts Yder
      2006: Mythdoll Leroi(sold)
      2007: none (I did buy a DZ Megi for my friend though)
      2008: AS Cain(sold), BBB Tiah (sold) Volks Kohya, Luts Shiwoo
      2009: Volks SD10 boy body and Luts event head
      2010: Volks SD10 4 sisters
      2011: BBB Weylin (traded for DZ Kay) RS Song
      2012: none
      2013: none
      2014: Volks DWC01, Dollshe Saint, EID boy hybrid
      2015: DoD Too
      2016: Simply Divine Richard head with April Story Senior body, RS Deertaur, KDF Kiwi

You can tell where I took a break from the hobby :lol:

12. I know I got my first (a Resinsoul Li) the end of 2011. I ordered a Resinsoul Dai in February 2012, I believe, but was getting impatient so I purchased an Illusion Spirit that was in stock (Yue Chen) in April so he would have been my second "doll-in-hand".

13. I got my First doll on May 25 and the second on May 28, both ordered together :D
      So my "second Doll" was ordered on August 15th, don't know when she will arrive :3

14. It's been five long years.

15. 3 months...ish. Got a bunch of money from a commission and didn't know what to do with it other than buy dolls, lol.

16. ...........a month and half i think? or maybe just a month >.> i thought i was going to have to wait a really long time for my first doll to be shipped out since i bought him new so i may have gone ahead and bought a dolly on the second hand market ....>.> low and behold though my first doll showed up before the one i bought used lol
      so yeah i was bad ^^;
      however part of my reason was that i was getting my dolls as art models for when i was drawing and i was doing a lot of chibi drawings at the time so having a tiny would be helpful for that.
      as well as the fact that she was an event doll.... so i doubted i would see her on the market again. and not for that price. and she has bunny ears...so yeah ^^;

17. It was a little over 2 years between my first and second doll. I got Denzel (B&G Sharon) as a sweet 16 gift to myself, and he arrived Just after Christmas in 2013. Belle-Marie (Pukipuki Flora) is my second, and she arrived in January this year after a very long wait.

I've picked out my third doll, but I'm still saving so it'll be a little while.

18. I got my first doll in '08 and got the second one in '10 (iirc) so there was several years between them :3
      It took so long to get the second one because I had to gather my own money for it (I was a student so I didn't have that much spare money) ^^'

19. It was four years between getting my first and second BJDs.

20. Four months had passed from receiving my first doll to when I ordered my second.