1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. I got my first doll in 2006, and a practice head for faceups in 2008. I didn't get another full doll until 2012. So technically it was 6 years in between!

2. Just 2 weeks!

3. I got my first doll exactly one week and one day ago. I am already trying to buy another doll. I swear, there has to be something in the resin. That's why we have the whole BJD Addicts thing. xD

4. It took me a 6 month period between the first and second doll. They unfortunately didn't work together and were sold by the next year's end.

5. Resin is truly addicting. It's in the resin.

6. I got them both within one year :whee: to be fair, my MSD was cheap :lol:

7. This is what I'm most worried about...you see, I am an avid shopaholic and when I'm into something, I won't be able to stop until I get it...So if BJD is my current passion, I would most definitely hunt for more until I'm happy with what I have...

I'm new to this hobby, currently waiting for my first BJD to arrive, and I have already had my eyes on my "second doll to be", and the third one is already on my wish list...the only doubt left is "how am I going to pay for them?" :lol::lol::lol:

8. 10 years:sweat

First i bought a Volks Sakura, then 10 years later, i bought another one:wiggle

9. Bought my first in June and my second in September :) Saving for my next right now!

10. First time:
      My parents got that one for my birthday, and I had just finished saving up for it!xD So no time at all... :P

And because I'm starting over, I'll also mention this time:
      I just ordered my first, I plan to get another soon after, as long as I can save up enough! I'm doing everything I can and not giving myself much free time... xD I really want two of them for photoshoots/stories, and I'm learning to sew, so I really want two that have different styles! I'm hoping by beginning of next year if things keep going well! If that happens... I might even be ordering before my first one arrives if she takes the longer amount of time... oops... :'D

11. Eleven days. :nowords:I purchased Meia new and she arrived on September 23, 2014. Then I found Lark for sale at a doll show on October 4, 2014.

12. 1st and 2nd? Probably around a year. However, I recently sold the second and am making my third BJD purchase--that process has taken so long! Almost 6 years, I'd say?

13. I was waiting about 2 years and not only because of money that my sis lent me
      My first one was 1/4 size and i was grown tired of not being able to get good outfit for her and said I MUST have 1/3 one :P (and went to my sis for more money :P)

14. It was about a year and a half after I brought my first doll that I brought a head and then the body 3 months after I got the head as I couldn't find a body that I liked to start off with.

15. It took me less then a year to get my second BJD. Then after that one I ordered two more dolls 2 1/2 months later. *_* But I rather get dolls on a yearly basis or every 6 months because I didn't bond with the last two I got. A bond with a doll needs to take time for me.

16. Three years. :sweat Not having a source of income at the time does that to you, hahaha. My first was in 2011 and my second was in 2014. Both were bought as a birthday gift, although the first was on layaway for a bit.

17. I want to say a couple of months because once I saw this sale going on I bought several and I don't remember when I got my first doll.

18. I got my first and second boy about 4 months apart from each other. I felt bad for my one boy being all alone, and I really wanted to get my next doll to turn him into one of my dream dolls, so I didn't wait very long at all xp

19. My very first was a Hujoo Sara, which is plastic, not resin. I got her in 2011 or 2012 I think. I ordered my first resin (April Story Stella) in November of 2015 but she didn't arrive until March of 2016. In the meantime I got permission to use the DoA Marketplace and got a Migidoll Beau.

So, around 3-4 years between my ball jointed dolls in general, but only a few months between resin dolls.

20. I got my first in 2008. Second in 2016. Now I have 12. I took a 8 year break, collected other dolls, but not more bjds until 2016. I just got interested in many other things. I think also that I was too young and unsettled for it. While this is not true for all young people , it was for me. It was easier to have smaller and cheaper dolls when you're in uni and bouncing around from place to place and I changed my mind more when I was younger too and just didn't stick with much. I tried a lot of things but now that i'm older and have had years to figure out who I am and what I like , I'm back to bjds. :lol: