1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. 6 years.
      I got my Rhein in 2012. My second doll will be Minimee and the creation process began at the end of 2017. It's a long process, so I don't know exactly when I'll got the head. I'm not sure that this year. So I can say 6-7 years.

2. Got my first bjd in 2011, ordered my second one...last month:kitty2. I fell out of the hobby for a while and now that my partner is into it as well we've gotten more involved in the hobby.

3. I got my first resin doll back in 2014, and have only started to save for a second now. It'll probably be another year before I can afford her.

4. there was a period of around 6 months for me in between my first and second doll, which i should be receiving soon!

5. Dang, um..I have to say about a week? Because after I got a guy doll, of course I needed a girl doll to match him for photoshoots I had in mind...

On the bright side, I'm really satisfied with the ones I picked so I probably won't be getting any other BJDs for a while. Don't want to alarm the hubby by suddenly populating our house with (ethereally pretty) strangers. ^-^ Clothes and props, on the other hand....hmm.

6. I bought my first doll in December 2014, and while I was waiting for him to ship a couple months later, a friend posted that she was selling one of hers... and the pictures of him were TOO FRIGGIN CUTE to pass him up. He actually showed up a week before my doll purchased from the company.

7. I always had interest in Barbie dolls. Loved the accessory lines. But I think I had just 1 original barbie between age 6 & 16 & that was hand-me-down from my friend. So I grew up thinking of rarity of barbie & never looked into dolls. Then I moved out from my 3d world country & discovered Liv Dolls. I got 37 of those in 2009-2012...
      I got my 1st bjd in 2011. Wow she is almost 10 years old already! She is still in perfect shape as the day I bought her. It was Resin Soul something. Cant remember what. Budged purchase just to see what is bjd & will I like it. I liked it a lot!
      In 2016 I got 2 more bjds minifee Celine. I bought 1 I liked it & decided that I need a sparebody to test my sewing skills. Ofc new one came with different type of body :( So I got 2 same dolls with different bodies lol. I count them as my 2nd bjd.
      And now in 2019 I just ordered 5 dolls from Pullip family. Big & super expensive but I feel like I need some beauty in my life right now.
      I think the only other doll I ever consider to buy its only could me a doll made in honor of FairyTail character Zeref - I would kill for it!

8. I ordered my first and second doll at the same time...still waiting for them to arrive because it was recently, but I just couldn't decide between them who to order first!
      Edit: this is specifically in regards to my BJDs, in regards to my start of doll collecting with OT dolls, it was probably about 2 years.

9. I bought my first a couple of months ago and a few days after, Crobidoll released a doll that was a sculpt I had fallen in love with but was only available in limited edition. So about... 10 days I think.

10. I guess one month in between if I remember it right :)

I got my second doll from a friend. My Crobidoll Heidi, which I really really love!

11. I got my first and second doll at the same time. Before ordering I couldn't decide between two dolls and purchased them both.

12. several months. I got my first this year around end Feb, 2nd at April, 3rd at Jun, and I just ordered my 4th:dance

#912 elovesgr, Jul 23, 2019
      Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    13. A month I had always wanted a BJD and got my first then saw another one so had to have it

14. Almost a year later. Six months after I sold my very first doll. Technically my boy is my second doll, but he is alone.

15. Well... it's been a 11 years so far, but hopefully before I can make that Sirius Black joke! :XD:

16. About three months; although both dolls I bought were impulse buys. :doh

17. Two years! It would have been much shorter had my heath not taken a nose-dive right after I got my first boy. :doh

But now I'm back in the hobby and making up lost time, lol.

18. My first doll was in 2014-2015 and my second I just recently ordered three weeks ago, so a pretty long gap. I guess mainly because I fell out of the hobby for awhile but secondly the cost just made me want to wait, but I plan on my third getting ordered around christmas time or sooner if I possibly can.

19. I've thought about this questions before too!

I purchased my very first doll in March 7, 2019. While I "waited" I impulse bought my second doll March 21st, after I discovered a bjd seller in the USA (which meant, I basically got my doll immediately).

My second doll arrived within 5 days. My first doll arrived after 2 1/2 months :P

So literally 14 days (2 weeks) between doll purchases Lol However, it will be quite awhile before I can purchase another one. (And I already want another one!!)

20. It was less than a month I think. I was trying to not buy another but the doll I wanted came up for grabs so I caved.

My friend commented yesterday that since March I have got a new doll every month lol