1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. I ordered my second doll within 48 hours of receiving my first girl. I just jad to have one in sky blue!

2. Less than a month... I ordered Yeon-Ho from Crobi at the end of November and then Ringdoll had their big winter sale so I picked up the fullset of Hui the apprentice.

My husband and parents surely thinks I'm nuts but at least I'll have a fun 2020 when they (hopefully) arrive!

3. I got Murmur in late 2017, and ordered my second doll in October of this year. So, about two years between them, although I collected a few non-BJD dolls - it took time to both have extra money and see a sculpt that was perfect for me! But when I saw Xun, I just had to have her.

That said, I ordered my third doll this month, so not as much of a gap between 2 and 3 :P

4. A few months, I ordered my first as an early xmas present and got him before December, then his partner followed may/june for my birthday... doll no 3 came while I was on my study abroad in the last couple months of the same year, followed by 3 the year after. I either get loads of dolls at once, or none at all! I had a gap of about 2 years buying dolls and this year got 1 full doll, 4 heads and a body (so I guess 2 full and 3 heads...)

5. Hmmm I think it was a few months? I’m not sure, I was a beginner so I really didn’t know what I was doing haha.

6. Years. I was lucky enough to be a teen who's father paid attention to things I liked. I was (and still am) really into photography and wanted one of these dolls for that. My father surprised me for my birthday with a Luts Kid Delf.

Being a teen, I wasn't in any position to exactly buy dolls willy nilly, so it was a good few years before I got my next doll.

7. I just ordered my first and second doll roughly a week apart, but for a reason. The Impldoll should only have a wait time of 4 months at most, but the Dollshe, which I actually wanted more, I will have to wait for a year or more. So I ordered that one through BJDivas on 12-month layaway. That way, there's a chance I'll get the doll shortly after I finish paying it off, and meanwhile, I'll have the Impldoll to sew for to occupy my time while I wait.

8. My first bjd purchase was just a switch head in early December of 2016 which arrived in march of 2017. My second purchase was my lumedoll rischa which I bought at the end of December 2016 and he arrived only a few days later. So by purchase date, 3 weeks in between and by actual arrival, 3 months.
      If we are only counting full dolls, then my next purchase was a dollzone snow in april of 2017 and he didn't arrive until November. So in that case almost a year in between

9. I bought my first bjd in March of 2019, i got my second one on layaway now, it's from dollshe so i might even get another one before receiving this one haha

10. Hmmm I believe a little over 6 months? Not including wait time. Though my second arrived and I have him for sale before I even sent him for his faceup. So back to the drawing board for doll 2 xD

11. Bought my second today! And my first around August or July I think

12. Very little, just a couple of months. I wasn't planning to buy second one from a company any time soon, but I hadn't considered I could find a perfect deal as a second-hand doll owner...which I became very suddenly and it freaked me out a bit, as if I'd escalate from there and just keep buying more and more dolls. XD

13. Quite awhile passed between my two dolls. It was largely down to a mix of expense, cycling between my many hobbies, and inability to decide on one doll to be next. My first doll was 9 years ago (wow, I had to look that up), and I just received my second this last week.

Of course, I almost impulse bought a third on sale last night. Stopped myself, though, and went back to holding my still-very-new doll to remind myself where my focus should be, ha. I imagine my third purchase will be one of the tinies I've long wanted, and the one I was thinking of was very much not a tiny but in fact significantly bigger than my seemingly-giant first.

14. I bought my first in 2017, and my second only a few weeks back! When I bought my first and didn't really use him for that much, I thought the hobby wasn't really going to be for me, but now that I have a second doll and am getting into it again, I'm honestly having a lot of fun with BJD and I hope to collect a few other sculpts that I really like! (most of which were discontinued in my 'inactive' period, bah)

15. Haha, I have the same problem. My complete wishlist is full of discontinued dolls and I'm a bit afraid to look at it. I keep adding things to my wishlist and then going on a break....

16. 7 years o__o My first in 2013 and now my second starting a 5 month layaway. In that time I spent mostly on video games I think! I hope I get my third bjd fast >.> but I doubt it, I don't make much money at all.

17. I ordered my second head before even receiving my first doll lol! I just fell in love and couldn’t stop myself!

18. Hmm I am pretty new but it went like this

February 2018 - First doll
      September 2018 - Second Doll
      February 2019 - Third doll

Possible 4th this month

19. It took me about a year and a few months between getting my first doll and my second doll only because my living situation and health situation changed causing me to withdraw.

20. I ordered my second doll about six months after the first. It was love at first sight! But not long :(