1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. I think it was a month. When I first started in the hobby was when I had my first big job so I was able to buy the two dolls I wanted and they were secondhand and cheap for them

2. It took about 5 years! I got my first doll as a Christmas gift from my mom in 2012, when I was in college and had little money. My 2nd and 3rd dolls were purchased in 2017, after I got my first big job. It took 3 more years before I would add any more dolls to my collection. Now I’m at 7, waiting on 2 more!

3. I only had about three weeks or so between getting my first and second doll. They were shelled original characters and sort of a 'dynamic duo' and so I wanted to have them both. I was lucky they were both in-stock dolls so I got them both very quickly.

4. I entered into a split for a doll body while I was still waiting for my first full doll to arrive, and the body ended up arriving first. After the actual first doll arrived, I then bought the head for my second doll. I think I purchased another head about 4 months after that.

5. Well, I just paid for my second girl while the one I bought first is a couple countries over and on her way to me, hopefully to be delivered this week. :'D

6. I just got my second doll very recently, and it's been about 1 year and 4 months or so since my first doll arrived.

I don't really have much space for a lot of dolls, so I'm not exactly jumping at every chance to get another doll, even when I really really like a lot of them.

I want to try and be as particular as possible with which dolls I actually do buy, partially to minimize collecting costs and partially because I want to avoid having to buy another display case so soon :sweat

7. About a year for me, between saving up and deciding who I wanted to get next.
      Since dolls aren't cheap, I wanted to make my choice carefully.

8. A little over a year fo me! My first one arrived in April of 2021 I believe, and my second arrived just last monty at the end of July 2022!

9. If you count transit time, 5 days :XD:

The day after I got my first BJD, Volks Isao, I realized he was lonely, so... after some quick online research, I immediately ordered a Volks Megu from Doll and Hobby Shop in Florida. This was 2005, when they were about the only authorized Volks dealer in the US. A few days later, via USPS Priority Mail, and she was sitting on my coffee table, annoyed that I had no clothes for her.

(This was not the end of things -- of course! A day later, the next SD size girl was on order, and so the ball was rolling...)

10. It was a couple months between my first arriving, and buying my second... Unfortunately, that second doll didn't work out for me, and I sold her on almost immediately. As soon as I had the money from that one, I bought my third; She, and my first are still with me to this day.

11. I was trying to remember the name of that shop the other day! All I could remember is that it was a terribly generic name. I remember their images of the dolls were these little postage stamp size images, so buying from them was sort of a, "Well, I just bought something!?" haha

12. Haha, *I* don't remember the tiny images! Just that by August 2005, their SD inventory was pretty low -- probably because Volks was setting up the US store in California. I wanted Yori, but only Megu was in stock. Although I'd scoped out what I wanted on the Volks Japan website, back then I was too timid to order directly from Japan, and I'd ordered 1/6 Dollfies from the shop a year before.

13. It was only a few months, I became very obsessed very quickly lol.

14. 5 months. Ordered them 5 months apart, yet they shipped on the same day:lol:

15. I ordered my first October 15ths, my second December 8th I believe.

16. I think it was about 4 months apart.:doh

17. I bought a second doll in almost a month. While I was waiting for the face up of the first doll, I bought the second one secondhand.

18. I bought my first doll in December, and while I was still waiting for him to be finished I bought my second in March. Those evil limited releases got me xDD