1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How long was it between getting your first and second doll?

Apr 17, 2007

1. About 2 months...i think?:sweat

I bought Ayden off ebay in October 06 then for christmass I recived Mya my second doll as a gift from my parents.:)

So there was not a large ammount of time between my first and second doll.

2. I managed to hold off for a couple of months, but that's all.

3. I started out thinking "only one - THIS one".
      I think it was only a few months before I was nabbing up my second, and telling myself "okay, only two"!
      But then we didn't really hit it off like I thought for sure that we would, so I sold him a couple months later, and was back to "okay, maybe I was right: only one - THIS one".
      Then....
      *chuckle* You know where this is going, right? ;)
      One came up in the marketplace maybe a month later, that was the first doll I was going to buy, but never got. So, opportunity, motive....:|
      "okay, only two"!

*sigh*
      I can't clearly remember now if I was already making payments for my third doll to waltz in the door, when I got the second one or not. *_*

So... um...
      No... I planned to have "Only One - THIS one".
      But now, here I am, happy as a clam, with three. :sweat
      One 45cm, one 63cm, and one 67cm.
      A nice set: small, medium, and large :lol:

4. My first doll -- a Dollzone Xi -- arrived on a Friday, and...

... I bought a DoC Too from Ebay on Sunday. :doh

I now have 11 boys -- 6 MSD, 5 SD -- and it took me twelve months.

5. about 30 seconds :XD:

6. got Takumi in August and Ayumu in April...big gap ^^; (but i bought to other doll in between them but i sold them to get them XD) but there won't be such a huge wait to get my next doll cos i'm getting him around my birthday in June ^^

7. This may be pretty sad but--8 months. ^___^;; I just got my Miyu on April 13th and I got Hana, my first doll, in August 14th. But that's mainly because my parents are so tightfisted! >.< Like right now, I have enough for my SS-Lishe boy but my parents won't let me order him. v.v They're always saying "save up for a car" or "save up for college", etc. etc...

8. When U-Noss first appeared, I thought she was the ultimate doll. Quite frankly nothing else appealed to me for a several years because at that time the BJDs had more of an anime look. Then I got Dollmore Asha without a face up. Mistake. We did not bond. It was another couple of years when Rainman's Elfdoll girls appeared and wow, I've bought one after the other as soon as layaways were paid off! Another whim was Soulkid Tiffee who made me wave plastic immediamente! It's gonna be a looooooong time lapse now, if ever, before anymore BJDs join the household - we hope.

9. LOL! It was ONE WEEK between me ordering my first doll and my second. And they both arrived within a week or so of one another while I was on an extended holiday out of the country, so I got them both when I got back home, opening them within minutes of each other, LOL.
      I knew I wanted a pair of brothers right away, and that's what I got right away. Lynx and Wren :)

10. It was a very long time between my first and my second doll. I got Livi, my CP Soony, my first doll in October 2005 and I ordered my second, a AR Diana last night.

So thats 1 year and 7 months :)

11. About a month, give or take a couple of days. ^^; It's been that way for each of my dolls so far, actually...XD I'll order one, get SO close to having them shipped and then buy another! *_*

12. Well my first doll (IH Cocori) was ordered 2 weeks ago as a gift. AND I should be ready (As in saved up) to order doll #2 (IH Lion) in 2 more weeks and since I got some extra shifts at my job Dolls #3 and #4 (DOC Tender Too and Bee-A) should be here in about a month after that.

so 2 months for 4 dolls.

My fiance is gonna eat me alive! But he'll love them when they get here!

13. My first one is coming sometime in the summer, but I've already picked out a second! It will be hard to stop myself from buying her immediately instead of spending my job money on school ... so I'm going to force myself to wait at least a year I think.

14. 2 months. After I received Nathaniel, I sold a bunch of items on Ebay to get Astarte quickly.
      Susan

15. About 5 months exactly

16. Well, I got a Tender Too and Bee-A pair in November 2005, I got my Lishe November 2006. My next doll, a latidoll yellow, will be November 2007 XD...

ie, my birthday XP

17. Arnold arrived in March, I got Wisp on Halloween. So about 5 months.

18. about a year between Macabee nad Jamie :)

19. I said I would just get one... <_<
      Well.. xD I've had Minou since 10:th march, and will buy Yern as soon as they restock in June (I will probably have money then), so that means... five months maybe? I don't know how long it will take for her to arrive.
      After that I won't have any opportunity to buy another doll until after the summer 2009 (soo far away from now) because I will go to Japan in march as an exchange student, and I'm already saving for shopping there xD I can't save for something I could as well buy later when I'm home, so that will have to wait until I get home ^^

20. So far for me it's been a little over a year