1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many BJDs do you have? (2021 & 2022)

Jan 7, 2021

?

How many BJDs do you have?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2022.
  1. 0

7 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 1 - 5

129 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. 6 - 10

98 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. 11 - 15

50 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. 16 - 20

34 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. 21 - 30

40 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. 31 - 40

17 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 41 - 50

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. 51 - 100

32 vote(s)
    7.5%
  10. Over 100

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
    1. I have six full dolls (one 72cm+, two MSDs, three YOSDs) and a floating head. I didn't count the floating head, but I did count my 72+ cm boy-- he's bought and paid for, but stuck waiting for a shipping notice. He's mine, even if he's not home yet!

2. I have 8 total
      1 sd
      4 msds
      2 yosds (I counted both even though one of the two is in the process of being made)
      And 1 Tiny

3. I currently have 21 resin dolls by Volks (7-SD, 3-Dear SD, 4-MSD/SDM, 6-YoSD and 1-Rei-Tenshi), 1 MDD, 1 Chibi-Unoa and 1 Kinoko Juice doll (also resin). The sculpts I own are on my profile page. Ideally, however, I would love a collection of only twenty dolls... I am not sure, though, if that is possible for me.

I decided that I would purchase only dolls made in Japan so to better focus my collection, but I live in Japan. It is easier to focus on dolls made here as then foreign shipping and currency conversions are not an issue for me. That said, I also enjoy European artist dolls as well as dolls by Rosenlied, Supia, Bimong, Blue Fairy, Myou Doll, Lati Doll, Soom Rosette, iMda Doll and Little Monica, among many others. There are truly so many talented doll artists out there.

4. Just 1 for now. This may definitely change.

5. I have 2 MSDs and another one is supposed to arrive today! :aeyepop: It'll be the first since returning to the hobby and I'm excited for it!

6. i have on SD and a MSD in waiting, hopefully another 2 SDs by the end of the year

7. 15 full dolls, 3 floating heads and one I’m paying for currently!

8. Currently own 13 lovely dolls. Waiting on one MSD I just finished paying for!

9. I have my first on the way, but I’ve got a couple of smart dolls

10. One 1/4 scale 16” doll, one 1/4 scale head I can hopefully buy a 16” body for this year, four 1/12 scale full dolls between 12 and 17cm. So a total of 6 on-topic dolls. I also have some tinies with painted eyes.

I try to buy dolls that work well together in both scales. Similar head sizes etc.

I’ve really been going a little crazy and need to slow down... but I have several dolls I would really like to buy in 2021 and some will be limited pre-orders...

#50 aliquotiens, Jan 21, 2021
      Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    11. 18 full dolls currently. I would like to downsize more, but it is hard to pare down further after having already rehomed/rehoming a few dolls over the past few months, and also hard not to acquire any more dolls at all :sweat

12. I have two dolls at home and one on her way home. She Was shipped in last year december, but I sill not have her. My two dolls at home are both boys and hybrids.

13. This thread makes me feel a lot better as a collector cause I feel like I have way too many dolls. Even though I love and enjoy each of them I can’t help but feel guilt and like I’m over doing it?
      *for context I’m practicing minimalism lol* I have 15 full dolls at the moment that I’ve collected over the years, actually 16 but she is waiting for a faceup and to be reassembled. I also have 3 on the way (1 was ordered last year) even though I tried not to get any new dolls this year cause space is an issue (why am I like this?!):sweat

14. I heard a great thought on this (collecting & minimalism) recently... an encouragement to practice minimalism in areas of your life that make sense, to enable for collection/enjoyment/etc in the areas that matter greatly to you to have things. It's kind of a way of looking at minimalism more as "balance"... it sounds like you know what your priorities are :) and that's what matters!

15. I feel like I have so many until I see the numbers in this thread lol. I still have a lot! At the moment I have 5 - two MSDs, a 1/12 elf, a gulliver studio mermaid that's so tiny idk what scale she even is, and another pukifee-ish sized girl). This year I'm getting at least 4 more dolls - 3 MSD and one 1/6 size, so that'll bring my total to 9. Wow, I'm officially a collector!

16. 15 full dolls in total, plus five heads, two still in progress -stares at Dollshe- and at least one OT. I *really* need to pull them all out and make sure that count's accurate *_*

17. 2 full dolls and also 1 floating head which isn't made yet.

18. I currently have 9 bjds. 4 MSD, 1 yo-sd, 1 tiny and 3 fantasy/anthro/other. There's also 2 floaty heads that have been waiting on bodies for forever. It doesn't feel like I have that many since they're all sat together and don't really take up a lot of space but that will change as I have 2 SDs and another head on the way. I'm not sure I'm quite prepared for the size difference yet.

19. I now have three, with one on the way! They're all tinies. I am considering an MSD, but I don't think I could go any larger.

20. I have 4 right now, and recently just purchased my 5th. :3nodding:

One is an MSD, two are in that mid-size category between YOSD and MSD (tall YOSD?), and one is a tiny (16 cm). The new addition that I'm waiting on is another 16cm tiny. After that, I'm done, unless a really special doll catches my eye.