1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many BJDs do you have? (2021 & 2022)

Jan 7, 2021

?

How many BJDs do you have?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2022.
  1. 0

7 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 1 - 5

129 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. 6 - 10

98 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. 11 - 15

50 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. 16 - 20

34 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. 21 - 30

40 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. 31 - 40

17 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 41 - 50

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. 51 - 100

32 vote(s)
    7.5%
  10. Over 100

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
    1. One head waiting for a body and one a couple days out from getting here. But by the end of 2021 both should be complete! No plans to get more at this time.

2. Currently I have 5 dolls:
      - Dust of Dolls Kore
      - Kinoko Juice Hoekuchi (Resin doll not a Kikipop!)
      - 3 Soom Petit Gems = Rudy, Leepy, and Chessy

However... I'm currently waiting for 2 to arrive:
      - DC Julianne
      - Popovy Landy Rat

There is an off-topic doll on the way and one that I'm not sure is approved here on DOA c: but I'm still excited for all of them. So on-topic wise, that will put me at 7 c: hopefully I can keep the count under 10 but I'm realizing how hard it is with so many gorgeous dolls there are out there. I guess its a good thing I'm not rich haha c:

3. 14 resin with one on the way, and 5 vinyl. I think 20 is my limit XP

Oh! And an Iplehouse cat. So technically 21?

4. I have 3 MSD dolls. Not planning to splurge on a full set anymore. It is too costly to keep up.

5. I just did some cleaning/reorganizing and somehow I've ended up with 10 SD dolls, and 6 MSD dolls??
      That's not counting the dollmore trinity that hasn't shipped yet, or the two Creature Doll bodies I want to buy for my floating heads, OR the Volks Cinderella that's still on my wishlist

D:
      How did this happen

6. Currently I have 2 full dolls and few heads. I don't want to give body for each heads but just one body for each size/skin color. I feel it's too much for me to handle if there’re too many bodies.

7. At home I've got SIX, which is still blowing my mind, and number seven on the way, so I should count her as part of this year... I feel pretty lucky to have them! Considering how long it took me to save for my first, way back when, it feels wild to have bought one last year and then another this year...

8. I've got:

3 MSDs:
      Dollshe Grant Phillipe
      Batchix Machina Gamma (with a Dollshe Arsene head—what can I say? I love me some tiny dollshe heads)
      Very in progress Granado (dying it black, very slow going)

2 MSDs:
      Spiritdoll Mad Hatter with Izestage Taeyeong head
      Ringdoll body with uhh vampire head. I forget the model name (this is also work in progress as the body was originally intended for another doll and I dyed it tan like an idiot. I've got a lot of sanding to do)

Technically, I've got two dolls on order, and an SD that's supposed to be arriving this week or next (but not her head lol), but they aren't physically in my house yet so.

As well as a few floating heads.
      It feels like too many dolls...

9. I’m currently at four. Three of those aren’t really complete- wigs and clothes float around too much to really be called “done”. And number four is nowhere close. She still needs a face up, body blushing, and some clothes.

10. I have 5 Atelier Momoni Pitusa girls with 1 on preorder that should be arriving late summer/early fall.
      I have Minifee Sylvia, Doll Chateau Julianne, 2 Tender Creation dolls on the way, and 1 JuDoll on the way.

11. 5 dolls (1 yosd, 1 msd, 3sd) and 1 floating head.

I have plans to get another 2 sd dolls but wont be getting them soon I think.

12. I have 8 and 4 more coming! mygosh.. feels like I spent more money during pandemic

13. Just 3 dolls, and 1 doll im waiting to complete

14. At the moment I have 4 dolls (Myou Delia, Myou Doudou, DZ Hal, Comibaby Lulu), and 1 floating head (RL Bambi) at home. I'm a week into the wait for Bambi's body and 160 days into the wait for DC Noah.

15. I vote 8 BJDs, all Fairyland ones, but I have some Off Topic too : Cocoriang, Goblin Tales, etc.

16. hmmm I'll have to recount but I think my vote was correct or it was in between the last 2 options..lol..and I have a few dolls on their way.

17. I just counted and the amount scares me....I have about 100. It’s time to start thinking about my collection :-(

18. I feel ya...I've been giving my collection much thought as well for the past year or so...unfortunately I'll let one go and then end up getting a new one..lol.

19. I avoid counting for that reason. I still like to think I have 65-70 but I'm pretty sure that ship sailed a couple years ago (and I only claim my full dolls. I have several put away. More than several. they don't count)
      Personally I wouldn't worry so much. If you were happy with them prior to counting, stay that way. If you thought you had to many before, then I guess, go ahead and think about it. But don't stress too much. Hobbies are supposed to be fun! If you have the space and money for the dolls, they're not hurting anyone and they make you happy, keep them all.

20. Agreed any floating heads I don't count and dolls that I am rehoming don't count either. There was one post a while back (many, many years ago) where it went something like this (I think..lol)
      SD = 1 doll, MSD = 3/4 doll, 2 YoSD = 1 doll, 4-5 tinies = 1 doll. Er since I have a Lusion, and 2 Trinity dolls I'm kinda screwed..lol. Lusion would probably = to 3 maybe 4 dolls, Trinity probably 5-6 dolls..lol.
      And so true if they make you happy it shouldn't matter how many you have.