1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many BJDs do you have? (2021 & 2022)

Jan 7, 2021

?

How many BJDs do you have?

Poll closed Jan 7, 2022.
  1. 0

7 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. 1 - 5

129 vote(s)
    30.1%
  3. 6 - 10

98 vote(s)
    22.9%
  4. 11 - 15

50 vote(s)
    11.7%
  5. 16 - 20

34 vote(s)
    7.9%
  6. 21 - 30

40 vote(s)
    9.3%
  7. 31 - 40

17 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. 41 - 50

13 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. 51 - 100

32 vote(s)
    7.5%
  10. Over 100

8 vote(s)
    1.9%
    1. I have 32 at home, I didn't count my 4 pet dolls or the doll I have on order.

2. Noooo Trinities and Lusions are still only one, you're safe!! But I also totally think tinies don't count as a full doll XD Everything YO sized or smaller!

And those bodies I might someday think of selling are practically gone already so totally, the ones in the middle of being rehomed aren't dolls anymore.

#102 VampireAngel13, Apr 19, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 20, 2021
    3. Currently I have about 15 dolls, including 3 Dollshe dolls I'm still waiting for a shipping notification (long sigh...)! I started this hobby with 1/6 dolls, but now my fave size is 70cm followed by 60cm. Due to the pandemic, I've tried really hard not to buy but I'm super tempted to either get a Loongsoul Yun Zhong Jun (inspired by Scum Villain System) or the Ringdoll Ksitigarbha (which looks super stunning)! So, there's a very good chance I'll end up with +1-2 dolls by the end of this year lol!

4. I have no idea. I bought around 10 dolls this year (also sold some) and now I am afraid to count.
      I got obsessed with old Volks and got many, cheap dolls. I couldnt resist!

5. I have one SD, one tiny and one petdoll. But the family will to grow up fastly, I think xD

6. I’ve got 3 at the moment. A dreaming doll sally, a dollmore kid Joshua, and a pipos star Cheshire. I’m waiting on two Luts dolls as well. It’s taken me a long time to start really taking a leap into owning more than one BJD.

7. i have 9 sd size dolls and I think I will not buy more as its almost all dolls where I wanted. maybe one last if I will see sculpt what I like.

8. I told myself I would wait to get more dolls this year, but I found a second hand Luts KDF Sweety Basil and I just had to have her. So soon I will have 3 dolls.

9. At this point, I have:

-11 complete SDs
      -1 floating SD head whose body is ordered but not yet arrived, so she's almost the 12th complete doll
      -1 Dollshe Arsene who is supposedly going to maybe show up some day, but who knows as it's been almost 2 years...
      -1 headless and very messed up SD body that is a planned restoration and sculpting project for sometime in future
      -1 30cm tiny that I constantly neglect to add in when I'm counting my dolls because she is a one-off and doesn't seem like part of the group
      -and one Unoa faceplate that I don't have a head back or a body or anything for; I've had it for years and I think it's really cute but I have no idea if I will ever turn it into a full doll. If I did it would be another one-off; the only size I really like collecting is SD.

So, if I only count whole dolls that are actually in my house and not ones I've ordered and am waiting on, and I remember to count all sizes, I have 12.

10. I have 5 SD dolls (52-65cm) and 3 floating heads.

11. Not counting my floating heads, or my vinyl dolls (either the two on or two off topic 4 total) I have 89 full BJDs at home right now.
      I however have eight incoming dolls either fully paid for or on layaway, and a want for two bodies to make floating heads into whole dolls, and hope to maybe order one more full doll before it's order time is up.

Also in my house hold my elderly mom (79 years old) has two BJDs (she's barely in the hobby, but supports my toy love/collecting) Also my partner has 6 dolls, with a want to order a new girl (an off-topic Smart Doll), and off her want list I've ordered her second ever male doll as a gift for our upcoming 20 year anniversary. She's not on DoA so wont find out about this gift if I am careful. So shush don't tell her ;)

#111 Tippetarius, Apr 22, 2021
      Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
    12. I have 69 dolls and a floating head. The largest is a Resinsoul Yi (72 cm) and the smallest is DHS Pocca (4.5 cm).
      I'm all over the place with my collecting. No specific stories, no plan, no characters to shell... Just me falling in love with grumpy faces or pretty fantasy parts. I'm a sucker for fantasy ears. LOL!!!

13. I have lost count, but it's somewhere between 41-50. I'm not exactly planning on any more, but there is one floating head I'd like to get a body for. Most of mine are somewhere around the 70cm scale, but I have a few smaller than that. All of them shell OC's, so they're all quite special to me. I'm glad that I feel my collection is complete so I can focus on getting them all their proper wardrobes/hair/mods/etc.

14. Five dolls currently, with one more on the way. So, six total. This isn't counting one doll who is currently packed up as I decide whether or not to sell him...

It's funny - in January of this year I also had six dolls, but I sold one and packed up the other in consideration of selling, and then bought two more, so the number wound up staying the same. I didn't do that on purpose, lol. It's just how it worked out. ^^;

In order from Large to Small:

Soom Idealian72 Hyperon
      Ringdoll Grown Boyce
      Fairyland Feeple60 Erda
      Volks SD10 (boy) DWC-02
      Volks SD10 (girl) Coco (not home yet)
      Rosen Lied Holiday's Child Pony (fairy ver.)

As for the "missing" two from earlier this year, the first one was a Rosen Lied Holiday's Child Limited Basic Ribbon that I sold in January. She had some uneven yellowing that really bothered me, especially next to my much newer Pony. I'm already kinda regretting the sale, though. I was hasty and thought, "I don't really need two dolls of the exact same size and body style. I should just keep the one I like better." In retrospect, I probably should have held onto her...

...Which is why I'm thinking very long and hard about selling my Dikadoll Senior Shall. I've fallen out of love with him as my tastes have changed/focused, but he's my First Doll, and a gift from a friend I no longer speak to. I feel reluctant to sell him for those reasons (and the fact that his sculpt is discontinued), but also, I really don't play with him at all these days. So, for now, he's packed away in a box. We'll see how it goes.

15. Over the past year (literally) I had to change my vote twice lol :D

I peaked at 12, then gradually came to 'between 6-10' and now I am happily in the 1-5 point on the scale. And I am enjoying it so much! Finally not feeling overwhelmed and not feeling like 'there's something imperfect about this doll that makes me wanna sell it'. I love my girls now <3

I hope that whatever is the number you guys are all happy about your crew anyway <3

16. At the current moment:

- 2 Big Boys (Dollmore Lusion, Spiritdoll Dolce)
      - 5 SDs (two are floating heads for now)
      - 2 MSDs
      - 5 YoSDs
      - 2 tinies

I also have 1 MSD, 3 YoSDs, and a pet doll which have all been ordered but not received yet, and there's a MSD and a SD on the secondhand market that I'm considering... However, I'd like to keep my collection down to dolls I feel emotionally attached to, so I might try to winnow it down a bit at some point... (Also I might run out of room LOL)

17. 11 home at the moment, but usually I feel like I just have 4 main dolls since my fiance has 4 of them at his computer desk (that we've nicknamed "MSD world") and 3 are current WIPs that are too incomplete to go on my shelf. To be honest, my collection has really exploded in the last year and I really love it. I was worried that having a lot of dolls would be overwhelming, but since a lot of the dolls fit into nice groupings it all works out well.

18. I have 5 including floating heads with a 6th on the way

19. 9, currently :D 12 if I count the ones I've ordered and are still processing.

20. However many you can stack inside a 70cm trenchcoat = one doll.