1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Dolls Did You Buy Your First Year?

Aug 21, 2011

1. That's not that bad, by the end of my first calendar year I had five plus a floating head, and seven (plus the head) by the end of the actual first 12-month period.

2. Buying my first doll I was confident that one was all id ever need-
      but then I got that craving we all know only a few months in and caved, buying a second--
      ever since, that's all I've wanted and currently want!

I'm lucky that the crave for more stopped after two!

3. If you count from january than either 3 or 4. I can't remember if I paid for the 4th that year, but it arrived in the following. If you could a whole year from my 1st doll, than 5. x_x Ouch...

4. 4 or 5 full dolls and parts of my first Grail - I was not able to find the LE sold in his completion so I had to get head and bodies and rest of the outfits separately

5. I only bought one to see if it would be the right hobby for me for a long time- and definitly it is. So my handsome feller needs a lovely women beside him. I hope I coulf find a suitable one for him

6. Hi I'm just making a year too and have bought nine and two heads with one on layaway. I've sold some and bought more and at the moment have seven and two heads. I'm trying to only buy dolls I really want and curb my impulse buying that I did in the beginning since there were so many I wanted and buying only second hand I felt the opportunity would be lost.

7. Ten dolls my first year collecting -- LOL
      Although admittedly some are Annette HImstedt LE rare -- only 4 BJDs

8. Mini update just checking in. I officially have had my first year (as of 4 days ago) collecting bjd's.

Okay I did some looking at dates and such... My anniversaries (order & receive) are Feb. 23/13 & March 4/13 (in stock items from US to Canada... woot! ^^)

As of Feb 5/14 I made my last payment on a layaway which was my only not yet paid doll to date. It will arrive well before my original dolls arrival date. And if I am not miscalculating my other 'still in the making process' doll should also arrive by March. He might push the dates a bit though because of the companies high volume of orders -_-. But I will count him as arrived (even if he isn't technically) in my FIRST year.
      I will have a total of:
      ~ 6 full dolls - 4 SD over 65 cm, 1 MSD (42), and 1 tiny (26)
      ~ one spare body (in need of a head 'maybe')
      ~ one floating head (definitely in need of a body
      ~ one floating head to go with a full doll (human & centaur versions). May eventually get it's own body?
      Not too bad for a year ... right? :sweat

What I bought in clothing for them though pales in comparison to the actual dolls >< lol... In fact I will be getting TWO (one custom) Freedom Teller 3 piece suits in the mail next week :sweat

My last full doll will arrive within the month so I count him in the first year ;)

9. I'm still on my first year xD Got my first doll six months ago, and now I have three. I'm planning to buy one more before summer, and by the time I've been a doll owner for a full year I reckon I will have five dolls.

10. I only bought one, and I have only had the one for the last three years... But I am (hopefully) getting him a friend or two this year!

11. I stareted the hobby on last summer (2013), and end of the yaer I have one doll at home, and other coming. If we are skeaking year as 12 months of time, them I'll have at least 7 (three at home now, and 4 on layaway - 3 of them Doll Chateau).

12. It hasn't even been a year for me yet, and I am already up to five dolls! OMG. And I said I was going to stop at one. Oh LOL, I'm so funny.

13. *howls with laughter* THAT is what you get for buying even ONE Iplehouse doll LOL... There is no such thing as 'just one' lol

14. Purple Lady, I am the exact same!

It's been half a year for me and I already have 5 xD I'm hoping I will start going at a slower pace from now on. It makes me feel better that I am in a similar boat with a lot of you. This hobby man!

15. Well...I've been in the hobby from about last December and I was planning to get only 'a few'...then I created a 4-member doll family, only a list yet (2 members from 2 families). One member, Amadeus (my avatar pic :) ) has already arrived, and then suddenly I had 2 floating heads! :lol: One looked too charming to leave at the seller, and the other one is a limited practice head which I wanted to sell before I received him (I decided not to try painting face-ups yet, so I was planning to sell him asap I receive him from a group order), but as soon as his head was in my hands, I thought he looked waaay more lovely so he must stay! :D
      So I'm here with one full dolly and 2 floating heads...I will come up with another doll family, and we will see how each family will get along with each other. :)

16. When I first joined this hobby I thought 'A couple of bjd would be nice ^^'... absolute understatement of the year.
      Well it is now my second year here on DOA and my total for the first 12 months was 1 Doll Chateau Bella girl, 1 Illusion Spirit Zhu qui boy, 1 twiglimbs2 SD woman body and 1 Shinydoll SD floating head. They are all still works in progress given how hectic life can be outside of the bjd hobby.
      For this/ my second year of being in this hobby I have an older (2008 model) Elfdoll Sooah arriving within the next couple of days :).
      My collection isn't the largest and they do look a bit odd/strange together but somehow it works for me. So very happy with my lot of bjd ^^.