1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Dolls Did You Buy Your First Year?

Aug 21, 2011

1. I have three dolls and a fourth in the rising, I got my second before I even had my first out the door for her faceup! It's an addiction :<

2. I got four dolls my first year. The first doll I got was a fullset and therefore didn't really need a lot of finishing, save for making some more wardrobe enhancements. My second needed to be "built" in that the face was blank and the body was purchased later. My third came in while my second was off getting a new faceup in China, and my fourth came in just after I finished my third.

3. eight D: i kinda couldnt stop :(

4. Ive got 2 now and a 3rd on the way. Hopefully by October i should have 1 or 2 more.... I cant stop getting them :doh

5. If the volks 1/6 articulated bodies count then I bought 4 MAAAAAANY many years ago. If they don't ;then I bought 2 of them the first year. It took about 2 more years before I dived further into the bjd relm and bought more. Initally my rule was to buy a pair every other year...yea that didn't really work for me ^^;

6. It's still my first year and I have 2 at home and 1 incoming so..um....3? ^^; though I'm planning on getting 1 more by the end of the year so well ._.;;

7. I seem to have bought 12 dolls within my first year! Thank you for this question, I would not have truly realized this fact otherwise! I do not have a doll buying plan, I just buy what I really like :)
      My first doll was a full set, so he was figuratively finished when I got him (I later changed out his items). I seem to have gone on a buying spree, and that's quite alright with me! I've not bought any this year, so it balances out.
      I haven't sold any of them, and not all of them are finished, but they fit together nicely.

8. Update on dollies in my current (aka first) year...

Purchased - FIVE
      Selling - ONE
      Dreaming - maybe one or two more.

What have I gotten myself into? :doh

9. I got 9 yo sd , 2 msd and 1 sd in first year. I think it's too much. :-(

10. Still in my first year and already have 5 (one is a floating head XD) and two are on their way @_@ Oh, and another floating head XD
      I remember telling myself that starting March, I wouldn't buy any more doll. So much for that... But I HOPE to keep my vows (wut) until the year ends @_@

I didn't wait for my first one to be finished, he's still not finished lol Just recently he came back from the face up artist, and still needs his military uniform and proper eyes.... :sigh

11. I purchased all 3 my dolls during the 1st year. Two of them were planned, and we ordered them within a month, but Cookie was rather unplanned. I just couldn't resist to buy him! More than a year passed since that.
      I plan to purchase more dolls but I have to save on them, so I still live with 3 now.

12. During the first year... Well, let me see... I purshased 2 dolls and 2 heads for future customising^^

13. I have only bought one doll. My addiction is the Clothes, the Wigs, the Shoes, and do not forget the gorgeous Eyes. I have 10 pairs of eyes. 7 wigs. 6 pairs of shoes and 12 outfits.

14. My 1st yr since i 1st doll I have got 7 dolls
      My I did stay conected with her for a bit then i got my boy, but still played with her. i like to trat and make things for her. resently i did bond breatly with the doll that i had finished mooding about 2 months ago. but now i am starting to get ack into make things for my 1st doll. i accually want to up=grade her body to a double jointed one.
      I did not finishes her befor cuz it took me forever to find the prefect wig for her.

15. I got 5. Maybe 6 by year end. But I love all of them haha.

16. 3 (including the one that I first bought) XD

17. Since I started? Seven dolls. All Blue Fairy. I tend to specialize.

But to be fair, I have been looking at dolls for several years before committing to buying one, so when I actually started buying them, I jumped right in.

Okay, seven is a lot. *hangs head in shame*

I don't plan on buying any new ones for awhile, unless Blue Fairy adds a white-skin option as a standard choice, rather than a limited edition.

As for finished...well, I switched out their default eyes to glass eyes, and have plenty of wigs and clothes for them. I do plan to suede them. In time, I might have their default face-ups changed, but for now I like them as they are.

18. Five dolls and a lot of wigs, clothes and accessories :D

19. Im still in my first year and i have purchased 6 dolls total but still waiting the last two to come in. After those two are home i plan on finishing my overall concepts for their styles, but if fairyland has an awesome event that will just make 7 with a floating head... i regret nothin ;)

20. I got a little carried away, I think, but I keep getting new ideas for what to do with them! I started with one 70 DZ boy I found on Craigslist in May. After that I got a boy and girl IH JID second-hand. Then I ordered two FL Pukifees from DDE, for whom I am still waiting! Then I put a Soom Zinc body on order (another girl gets the head). Then I got two JungaToy Skulls. After that it was a second-hand DM Lasia, who I have wanted for a long time. Then I got two DZ foxes from the marketplace. Then I ordered a SOOM Azur merman/human from the SOOM website... Then I bought a SOOM Idrial FS on the MP. Eeek. And over the course of the past week, having decided that I finally wanted some tiny-tinies to take with me to RenFaires, I bought 4 FL PukiPukis on the MP. I swear I didn't mean to buy that many! But they had different faces, and different characters, and, and, and... ARGH! I have a full-time job, so I'm not sacrificing other things I should be paying for, but I think I really need to stop now. I have at least two dolls in each major size/type category, and I just need to stop. I'm going to run out of space. Although, as people have already mentioned, I know what I like and don't like, and what I might collect more of, and which sizes I might choose to sell later. But honestly, I'm very happy with my resin family, and they each have a place. So overall, even though it sounds ridiculous when I list them, they're the perfect fit for me. :)