1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many dolls do you purchase at year?

Sep 26, 2016

?
  1. Just one at year

2. Just two at year

3. More than 2 at year

4. More than 4 at year

5. More than 6 at year

6. Not even one yet

7. I will never buy one! I just like watch the photos in forums

8. I buy dolls but after few months I sold it already

9. Some years more than one or two, some years not even one

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. lol too many XD

2. Like most people, doll buying varies for me as well. In my first year (2014), I only bought one doll. The year after, I bought a full-set from the company and a floating head from the MP. This year, I succumbed to buying two dolls, one from the company and one from MP. I have plans for next year to buy one doll and put another on layaway but they're not set in stone yet. You can say average is from 1-2. But again, it depends on my financial situation and the amount of new/old desirable dolls in the market.

3. It varies for me too. If I'm saving for a trip or something then I usually try not to buy any but that's pretty tough! The most I bought in a year was 5 I think, but unfortunately I ended up selling a lot of them since I didn't think through those purchases enough, so now I'm trying to keep it down to two a year!

4. This year i think it will just be one because i just got my first bjd and would like to limit myself so i dont go crazy buying them. Next year i might get 1-2, and that'll probably be my limit per year, but i can't say for sure because things always change

5. My first full year in the hobby (May 2010 to May 2011) I bought...5. Five!!! There was a period of about two years from 2013 until last year when I didn't buy any dolls at all. Zero!!! Beyond that, it's all very murky, because I have a serious floating head problem, and I also can't keep track of who got here when...

6. I've only been in the hobby a year and a half now, so my vote is just what I've bought recently. Which is a lot. How would I count parts of the dolls I'm trying to put together? Let's just say I have bought too many, most I don't even intend to keep!

7. Maximum of 2 per year here. Usually only 0-1.

8. It varies - according to what I can afford, how expensive each doll is etc.

I might get one fairly high priced doll or several cheaper ones, or none at all.

Teddy

9. Two years ago I ordered 8 dolls in that year but now I didn't get any and I think I'm already satisfied. :3nodding:

10. I'm on track to buy three this year (if a certain sculpt gets offered in December as expected) plus a floating head. But next year, my only planned purchase is a body for that head. I'd like to not buy a lot of dolls, but instead focus on working with the ones I already have.

And of course, appreciate all the dolls that other people buy...

11. Zero to one. I can not picture myself owning more than 7 dolls, even if somebody was tossing them on me free of charge, I'd still tell them to please stop after number 7... I'm extremely picky, and rarely find a doll whom I'd like to adopt. I have twins of the same sculpt, and currently not looking for more dolls. There are a couple of heads I'd like to have though...

12. Two per year (usually one msd (sd this year :) and one yosd or tiny). Though I resold one of my dolls from the first year and used the money to buy another doll instead, so last year it was technically 3

13. It's hard to answer as well because I only bought one last year and this year alone I've bought 4 & the year isn't over yet....

14. Once upon a time I could buy a lot more dolls! But I usually end up at about three a year. sometimes more. Layaway helps a ton :)

So far this year I've bought 2 dolls my dark tan Ellana and an Iple KID. I missed all the other pre-orders I really wanted.

15. I don't even have an average anymore.

I bought one during my first three years in the hobby, my second one came about two years later, and this year, I've bought three *_*

16. I have three dolls but I only buy one once a year. The only reason I have three is because I got a free doll with an order. Right now it has been over a year and a half since I've bought one, which I will be doing soon! :lol::XD:

17. So far this year, I've purchased three and that will probably be my limit for the year.

18. Generally about one a year, but 2016 is a dry year for me - no dolls at all. I sold everything BJD-related I own in order to allow myself time to re-assess what I actually want in a doll, instead of impulse buying. Impulse buys don't stay around long.

#38 Selenae, Oct 2, 2016
      Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    19. Last couple of years it's always been 2 dolls a year, but this year I've purchased 3 and a floating head...!

20. Hi everyone!

What is the highest number of dolls you have purchased in a year? I just realized that I got my first more expensive doll in November of last year, and now have twelve. I'm trying to decide if I'm being a little excessive or if this is normal. :XD:

I would love to hear your doll stories!