1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many dolls do you purchase at year?

Sep 26, 2016

?
  1. Just one at year

2. Just two at year

3. More than 2 at year

4. More than 4 at year

5. More than 6 at year

6. Not even one yet

7. I will never buy one! I just like watch the photos in forums

8. I buy dolls but after few months I sold it already

9. Some years more than one or two, some years not even one

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Hmmm....I don't really keep count, and I do a lot of hybrids, so often I'm getting pieces but not full dolls. I probably have had a year where I got 12 or more, and this year I've gotten....7 I think? with two more on the way. But....I also do a lot of selling and trading, and having enough money to buy a new doll means I need to sell a different doll. I think I've sold that many this year too, so it tends to balance out and not feel like a major influx all at once.

2. This year I bought wayyy too many, but to be fair I only bought them all because I did a full purge of my collection and only kept two of the 6 that I had. So far I've bought 3 bodies, 3 heads, a full doll, and I'm ordering another before the end of the month, and possibly another head too >.<''

3. Back when I bought the ones I'm selling, I got most of them in 2007... soooo 10...... I can't believe I used to spend money so freely, but my family was pretty well off so all the money I made I could spend. If you want them and you have the money without hurting yourself financially, I think it's great! : D

I'm selling them now due to lack of space, and I sort of need some of the money. So I'm using some for two small dolls, and the rest for my more life sustaining expenses! xD

4. My average was two dolls a year... until this year. This year I ended up buying six dolls, two floating heads, and getting a surprise doll in a blind bag... Oh well, I adore them all. :aheartbea

5. The most I ever bought in one year is 3 dolls. That's only happened once tho. Usually it's more like one. This year, I've bought nothing but a random head and I probably won't buy any more resin till next year at least. I'm not really into having a super huge collection, and buying new dolls isn't a big part of how I enjoy dolls. I'm more into focusing on doing stuff with the dolls I already have right now, and as for future buying plans I just have a very few more I'd like to have and then I'm done buying anyway.

6. Oh dear...my boyfriend-now-husband purchased our first doll back in 2007. Then we got a YoSD and an SD13 in 2008. Then nothing until 2013 where we got an SDG. Then nothing again until this year (2016) where it looks like it's 4 so far (still waiting for the last one to arrive in the mail). :sweat Hopefully, Volks won't do another lottery anytime soon and no Dear SDs show up on the Marketplace as I think 5 in one year is a bit excessive. Hahaha.

7. For the first 8 years, I averaged 3 dolls a year... but then I had a few crazy doll-buying years after that! So my average is around 6 a year, more or less... I'm definitely in doll-hoarder territory these days. *_*

8. I haven't bought any this year, but I plan to buy a smart doll next. I haven't been buying many dolls in the last few years just for budgeting reasons. But I do tend to spoil the ones I have.

9. At the moment I'm buying dolls second hand. It just really depends on how much money I have from work.