1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2017-2018)

Mar 7, 2017

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2019.
  1. 0

41 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. 1-5

205 vote(s)
    69.0%
  3. 6-10

34 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. 11-15

4 vote(s)
    1.3%
  5. 16-20

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  6. over 20

11 vote(s)
    3.7%
    1. I have two customs (well one being cast). One is my character Teo, but the sculpt was modelled on footballer Iker Casillas. He’s been with me a few years now. The other (which I don’t have yet, but I just got photos of the casts! :whee:) is of Harrison Ford circa 1982. Both were sculpted for me at Namonaki and Teo is awesome so I’m really excited for the new arrival!

One advantage of all the spares is that I’m less careful with them so they get played with and taken out more. I know I have reserves (actually, I’ve never damaged a doll, though). It’s really great to have these two sculpts, they’re very special. I worked closely with Switchum, the sculptor, to make sure they were just as I wanted. I got to have all the little imperfections you don’t usually get on BJDs - scars, wrinkles, mismatched ears, crooked smiles. The cost is more, but totally worth it!

2. Whoah...! I just check Theo. He’s stunning! I love how you explained everything and I’m so excited for you now! Please, oh, please share your new doll with us. I’m super curious about that.
      I guess it’s relieving to know you’ve got some spares at home if the head takes damage. When looking at my discontinued AprilStory tan doll I’m ALWAYS triggered when I notice unusual ‘happenings’ around her, because I know I will never ever be able to get her back if I damaged her (even worse: she was my first doll and is therefore super special to me...)

3. I have five. All of them are from Fairyland. Four are event heads and the last one is an Eva sleeping head.

#163 fuu-sensei, Apr 21, 2018
      Last edited: May 6, 2018
    4. I have two, but I already purchased their bodies. Waiting for the bodies.

5. I have 8 floating heads but I want body for only 4 of them.

6. I have one, it's a Souldoll event head. I want to find a body for it but have spent a long time not being able to find a suitable one because I'm too picky :XD:

7. Only one, but it's actually an alternative head for one of my dolls (who has two heads of the same sculpt, one winking and the other pouty).

8. Years ago I collected six floating heads. I sold a couple of heads before going out of the hobby for a long time and then, when I came back, I sold the rest because I wanted to change all my characters. It was overwhelming having so many floating heads. That's the reason why I try not to have more than one now. I'm waiting a Seolrok Holy Ver. and I hope I can buy his body soon. I also have two faceplates for my Dollshe Saint but it doesn't count to me because both of them are from the same doll.

9. thankfully right now, i only have 1 floating head. i'm just trying to convince myself that the hybrid i have in mind will work out before i pull the trigger.

10. I have four, but hopefully that number will decrease soon! I have definite plans for three of them and am unsure whether or not I will sell the last or not.

11. I just have one. When I bought my Doll Leaves Maya, they were having a winter event and I got to pick a free head. I didn't really like any of the other heads at the time, so I just got a second Maya head. I'm considering using him for faceup practice. Maybe if I can do a decent faceup, he'll get a proper body too!

12. I have 5 I think. 1 goes to my twigling who has a sleeping and open eye head for 1 body. Same with my fashion size grant phillipe by dollshe. I have another sleeping Twigling in the pale white color. And a shehariah lacrymosa head by nefer kane. Also a fair tobi head by Kaye Wiggs that is borrowing my laycees body. It is exhausting hunting for the perfect body.

13. I have 3 floating heads...and am looking to buy a 4th. All of them are intended to be full dolls as soon as funds allow for them to be bodied.

I guess technically speaking, one of them is not a floating head. I bought her as a full doll, and I still have her body. I just don't have her on it, because even after lots of modding and customizing, I honestly really dislike the way she looks on the body she came on. I plan to get her a smaller body with a thinner neck that she'll be more proportionate on-- her head is just too small to look right on a big, curvy 70cm body. As for that body, I'm planning to sculpt my own head to go with it, so it will still stay in my collection and be a full doll...eventually, when I've had enough practice to make a head I'm happy with.

14. I have 2 floating heads... and no bodies/complete dolls. I recently got a souldoll swinte head and was planning on buying her a body but, unexpectedly, my grail doll, a Distant Memory Sunho, came up for sale and I immediately put all of my available funds (I’m going to only be eating ramen and drinking water for a bit) into purchasing his head.

So now I have 2 incoming heads and nothing to put them on. Probably won’t be able to afford bodies for them for a long while because sunho really put a dent in my bank account. :shudder

15. My name is Natalie and I have a floating heads problem... :sorry
      Just glad I'm not alone... :dance

16. i have akagi Ban, Mystic Kids Cris, Soom Baby Isha and Immortality of Soul Infernale. So 4, for now...

17. I currently have 9, but one of them is a sleeping head and is the same character as the open eye head, so that one kind of has a body, just not full time.

I'm answering this question at what is an in-between time for me. Last year, I accumulated so many doll heads, I think I was up to 15 or so. This year, I'm working on finding them bodies so that number has started to go down. Ideally, I should only have a couple of floating heads, one of them being the sleeping/open eye version of the same character that I already have, and another is one I'm planning to have, a scarred and an unscarred version of the same character.