1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. Just one and I don't even know if I want it to have a body as her character is just not sticking to me.

2. There are two answers to this floating head question for me... on one hand I probably have over 20.
      However, I only plan on getting like, four of them bodies in the future. If that. So really the answer is four. Or maybe two. four with one body on the way and one on a borrowed body.

A lot of my floating heads are also just extra heads for the same doll. I've been doing that a lot lately.

3. 8 heads still floating......some special skin color is really hard to find a proper body.

4. I have two. I'm on a layaway to get a body for one and one I'm trying to sell because it is SD and I collect smaller sizes.

#24 Lady Sai Inu, Jan 19, 2019
      Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    5. I have one. He's a DikaDoll Autumn. I got him when he was being discontinued because I could always get a body at a later date.

6. I am proud to say that for the first time in years, I don't have any floating heads waiting on or sharing bodies! :XD: I have cleared out so much of my crew in the past six months, bought the full dolls I really wanted and am currently pretty happy to not have too many unfinished projects.

7. I currently have four floating heads. I turned one into a practice head for face-ups, and I only intend to get a body for one of the heads. I will most likely sell the other two in the near future since my interest in them has dwindled. :sweat

8. Just the one floating head. Hopefully, if Ye Doll Gods are on my side, I'll be able to get a body for her this Spring.

9. 2 Faceup practice head. :)

10. I only have one, but I'm about to have several more.

I'll get them bodies when I'm rich, or find the right sale.

11. Three, which is great because I think I had six last year.

I'm not sure when I'll get bodies for two of them, and I don't know if one will get a body at all.

12. one. and im trying reeeally hard to keep it at one. what if i just like collecting heads? is that a problem? (cries in poor)

13. Right now two floating heads waiting for their bodies to arrive.

14. I have zero floating heads! I just got a body for my most recent one, and now know floating heads are dangerous. I tell myself, hey, just get the head and figure out what to do with it later. Not having the body bothers me, so I end up getting one when I should be saving.

15. Only one, a Maskcat. Maskcat discontinued making the sculpt last June and she was on my "must have" list for years. I did not have the money to buy the body with the head at the time. . . and since I preordered 2B and 9S, she will have to wait until 2020 to receive her body. . .

16. I have 4 floating heads. I also have a sleeping head that I have been thinking about opening the eyes.

17. I have two right now, a Ringdoll Wolf and Crimson Doll Scott. The Wolf head I got when Ringdoll discontinued the sculpt, because I always liked it, but I had no idea what to do with the head for more than a year. So it's just been sitting there...but I finally figured out a character he could be. I have two Ringdolls in normal skin, like him, so I can just put him on one of their bodies for the time being, but I'd like to get him his own body sometime.

The Scott is meant to be an OC and I got the head because he didn't come with a body. I just ordered him a body, though. I have an Argonautica Zet head on the way, but I know exactly what body I want to put him on. So I guess I'm not the sort of person who ends up with a big stash of floating heads, because usually when I get a head I have a good idea what my plans are for the complete doll.

18. Five, one of which is in transit (Switch Dojin), and one (DC Evangeline) has his body on the way so I don't count him. A sixth (DC Stacy) will go on layaway soon. One (Minisup Aasta) is going to get sold off sooner or later because she didn't work out, but I did harvest her body... which will also get sold someday.

I don't like getting heads and bodies together because I like to double check OC connections before committing. Heads aren't as expensive and are less of a pain to sell - and they take up less space. I love doing faceups and making wigs, so while it bothers me to have a box full of heads, it helps stagger the work I have to do.

My Big Plan was to get everyone bodies before picking up anymore heads, but the DC discontinuation apocalypse is forcing my hand into getting the Stacy I didn't plan on for at least another year or two.

19. I only have one but I do not plan to get a body for it. It was a custom head I got two of in case something happened because I cannot get it again. For now it is safely put away somewhere. I might get it a torso to display it on in the future but it is not high on my list of things to do.

20. I have 5 MSD and 1 SD head floating around >.<
      I ended up buying heads with sculpts that I liked, but then I noticed that there were so many without a body T-T it makes me so sad. I need to get bodies for them :(