1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. I've got (or will have when it arrives) 2. I've just finished getting bodies for all my other heads and I'm no hurry to find bodies for these two. They're both long term projects so I'm happy for them to stay floating for now. Infact I plan to add another at some point as another long term project but I wouldn't like to have more than 3 again

2. I got three, all brand new and never been painted: A Black Cherry Dolls Kaorin SD head, an Evie’s Sanctum Nandi SD head, and a Kkerrin Dolls Mae mature MSD head. They’re really pretty heads that aren’t easy to get but they’re not very popular. I decided to let them go because they don’t fit my crew’s aesthetics anymore. I’m trying to rehome them all this year. Hopefully before 2019 ends I already have 0 floating heads :)

3. 3 resins, 5 dollfie dreams, it doesn't get worse than that!

They're all painted and fully fledged characters. Two of the DDs are boys, waiting for the day Volks finally decides to make the DD and DDS boy bodies readily available, the other two need an MDD and Obitsu 45cm body to go on top, so until then they share my MDD and DDP bodies respectively with their normal head.

My resins are facing a few issues; my F&J Mushiyi and Crobidoll Hobin both have no bodies because I haven't found the perfect one for them yet, whereas my minifee Ante is supposed to go on a tan fairyline body and fairyland isn't currently selling their parts in tan skin (for the past year approximately) ...

4. I have 7 heads and 2 bodies. My Migidoll Sleeping Miho keeps his Luts body whole the other 4 of the others share the other body I have.

5. I have 2 floating heads currently, a 5stardoll Edmund and a df-a practice head I got of acbjd just to practice faceups and such.
      Im currently looking for a body for my Edmund head so if everything goes as planned he'll have body soon.

6. At present I have two floating heads, which have bodies on order.

Bodiless heads bother me, a lot. I only buy them if the full doll isn't available due to being discontinued/limited and if I know it will be possible to get a suitable body for them fairly quickly.

7. One, but not for long! Her body gets delivered tomorrow!

8. Just my practice head! I managed to get all my others bodies, though I'm not sure if they're going to keep the current bodies or get new ones... Hashtag hybrid problems, right?

9. I'm really happy to say I only have one, my Minifee scar Shiwoo, Cerberus!
      And he's not even technically a floater, cause he does have a body. He's a doll I ideally want three different heads for, so he has his standard head and a yami kawaii-themed head that share a body.
      I recently sold my other long-time floater to a friend, so I'm glad he went to a good home. :)

10. I'm not sure... Over five if you count faceplates... ... I really should keep a better count. I try NOT to have floating heads. I prefer whole dolls so I try not to buy just heads. A number of heads came as extras when ordering dolls. Also got gifts and prize heads.

11. ZERO ! And I'm very proud of it !
      For the last years, I had one desperately floating head, but I finally found a body to her in the past November o/

12. Only one, and I actually completely forgot about the poor thing until I saw this post :sweat Having incomplete dolls laying around stresses me out honestly so I don't let myself buy heads unless I have very solid plans to actually find them bodies and turn them into full dolls.

13. I have 6. 5 of them are Minifees that share bodies with my 3 full mnf dolls. The other is the dreaming fantasy head for my soom teenie gem dolomi. Other than the dreaming dolomi, I'm planning on getting them all bodies eventually.

14. I have 4 with one more on the way. I have no plans to get them bodies this year either, so they just sit on my shelf scaring my little sister every time she comes into my room to ask for something. :mwahaha

15. 3 and soon only 2.

16. Almost 20 but half of those are alternate faces for dolls with bodies so they are just waiting in the wings for their time on the body. Some are for sale but hard to sell...

17. None! Two years ago I finally sold the one that I'd had sitting around bodiless for six years and I haven't picked up any new ones since then (although technically I sold two parts of a hybrid separately and had the body go first, so strictly speaking that was a floating head for a while, but I don't think that really counts).

18. I have 5. 3 of them I never plan to do anything with but just haven't bothered to sell. 2 of them I plan to use... eventually xD

I like to pretend I don't have them. I hate having incomplete dolls sitting around, especially if I'm not actively working on them.

19. I’ve got three. I’m going to sell one, and not sure what I’ll do with the other. But I did just buy a mnf head who I’ll have to find a body for now :whee:

20. 1 body-sharing head, 2 heads ordered with no body plan yet, 1 head with no body currently but it has been ordered, 1 head with no body I think I might get rid of.