1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. Only one, and I would like not to have any more :P she has been with me, floating, for two years!

Edit: actually I have two other heads that I don't count as part of my collection. They are for modding practice.

2. I have five floating heads and I'm waiting someone to make them up.
      A good makeup artist is so difficult to find.

3. Five, going on six. One shares a body with my grail, three (including the body-share dude) are part of a group project I have in mind, and three are just impulse buys.

Wait, no... there's seven. I've got two stuffed somewhere because I was going to sell them. And I can't remember where they ended up... So, five/seven going on six/eight. Most are stored in what I call my maintenance box, save for the misplaced pair. As I said, I don't know where they've ended up. :sweat

4. I have two. One is a 1/4 scale head I got for free from Withdoll. It shares the body with the other doll I have from the company. The other is a Dollzone Raymond head I got a bit over three years ago. I have a plan for how I want him to look and need to get him a body, but I keep putting it off. I'm trying to make myself finish him before I go looking for anything else, but, eh, we'll see.

5. Five, because doll companies keep giving me free event heads that I really don't want. :| (C'mon, guys...if you really want to be nice, please give me something that goes with the doll I'm buying...)

#65 celga, Apr 14, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
    6. 40-ish? And more when the discontinuation orders start rolling in. I keep them in ornament boxes. The head is the most important thing to me, and most of the heads I have aren't in production anymore.

Last year was supposed to be the year to get at least 5-8 bodies, but the discontinuation events changed the plan. (Now another Dollzone and sadly DIM...) :(

7. Right now, just one, i usually find bodies for all the heads i get, but i had no luck getting a body for this poor lovely boy and that stress me, i was thinking of selling him but as just i take him out for sales pictures i get remorse, :roll:.

8. I currently have four floating heads at home which is the fewest I've had since I was 6 months into the hobby. Two of them are just sleeping versions of awake heads I own and have bodies for, so I'm not even sure I should count those. Another I use for practice as it was a gift from Mirodoll and came to me with sanding marks all over it. The last is the only real floating head I have, real as in he'll be his own unique character and isn't just hanging around for dremel practice. I plan to order a body for him next week, but then I have two floating heads incoming and they'll also need bodies, so I'm not quite done yet.

9. I generally try not to have floating heads. I will probably end up with at least one for a while, because of dolls that are being discontinued. I might try to get heads for them and will have to save up for a body much later this year.

For me a doll being offered with an extra head is a serious turn-off. I don't like floating heads, because I don't like having the feeling that I 'must' get a body. (I know, it's resin, there's no need to feel guilty, but for me a headless body is just in a drawer screaming for me to rescue it... Rather the same way an opened package of cookies screams 'eat me, eat me'. I want to forget that it's there, but I can't.)

10. I currently have two but I plan on getting more to rotate on the bodies I do have to help save money.

11. I have 4 right now
      1. A blank Minifee Rheia to practice faceups on as it has been used multiple times before by the previous owner
      2. Minifee Rendia who will be an Irish princess
      3. Minifee Karsh who will be a demon girl
      4. A blank tan Type J Angelphilia head that I'm going to make into K/DA Kai'sa...honestly I might try putting her on a resin body because apparently it's super hard to find tan bodies for sale

12. I think I have at least 6 sleeping heads laying around, I love them so much but always forget to actually paint them when I pay extra to order them!

13. Currently only 1, an old mnf Shushu head!

14. In my 13 years in the BJD hobby I've never actually had a (resin) floating head, but I just had to order a Flowne head since DIM is closing down.

Edit: Scratch that. I did have a Minifee event head for a short time before I sold it, so this will be my second.

15. I currently have 1 floating head, a Luts summer event 2009, and just ordered a DIM Ace head so I'm going to have two. But I try not to have any floating heads laying around so I will need to get them some bodies once I have the money :lol:

16. I have one doll and one head.

17. The more floating heads I have the more guilt I feel. Lol it’s the worst having a perfectly nice doll head and not having a body for them. Drives me nuts. Lol.

18. Oh, I actually have 9. I guess I ended up with having this much only because I purchased 5 pcs this new year. I didn't deside which bodies to give them yet.
      Finding a propper body is pretty hard for me. Since all people are different and individual, with a rare exception I prefer all my dolls to have different bodies aswell. Considering I have 32 dolls at home it is difficult to find some unique body that would fit my taste and dolls' character both.
      I also admit that it makes me feel guilty, when I can't put floating heads on a body in time. And I hope I will have enough time this vacation to give them a face up)

19. I had one, but then after posting the faceup I did and getting into the group I am in for doll meets I got another #whoops

20. My name is Natalie and I have a floating heads problem...
      I click the 6 to 10 and decide to count them just to be sure and they are actually 12... and I have 3 more on the way...ugh...
      I love buying heads because doing face ups is what attracted me to the hobby.
      But is time to purge as I'm already feeling overwhelmed.... some hard choices ahead of me. :sigh