1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. Two if you count the one that'll arrive later this year, but I've had one sitting on my shelf for a decade, poor thing.

2. Total count at present is like seven...

3. I have one, a napidoll agabell, and I'm currently on the hunt for a body for her. I had two others that I've since sold and I've realized I don't really enjoy have floating heads around. I either actively want a body for them or don't get attached like I would to a full doll and sell them.

4. Three, technically. I just bought a Flower & Junior Yabi head, which I'm hoping to find a body for soon, a Soom Lux/Volo human head, and a Resinsoul Tang with Jun Ears. The body for the Resinsoul head is on its way soon, though.

5. I try not to have any floating heads, but somehow I ended up with six. I didn't know I had that many until I decided to respond to this thread. I have Edelwiess Gagnon, Seed Arts Wol, Rumpel Doll Morfeo, HyperManiac Skadi, Foolbot Teru 1.5 and Studio Naiko Kanji. What a motley crew!

I'm thinking SD17 or Switch Humming for Gagnon, a DZ mini type for Wol, a Dollshe Mystic for Morfeo, and a Doll Family H 68cm for Kanji. No idea what I'm going to do for Skadi or Teru yet.

6. Only the one since floating heads are really my cup of tea. I bought him as an impulse buy, something for me to start practicing faceups on since that's something I've always wanted to do. He's still currently a blank floating head that I'm debating on buying a body for a fully turning him into a real boy despite him being a discontinued doll/company.

7. I have like 6, I know I need to stop buying heads and I need bodies but sometimes I find a head with a faceup I need and can’t help myself.

8. my venitu head is going to be home soon!

9. 4 floating heads so far.
      I'm slowly losing motivation not to become a head-hunter:). Well, I've already lost. It wasn't really a problem when I colected just smaller dolls. Mainly animals and anthros. These heads aren't exactly compatible - cat head looks odd on fox body, animal head doesn't suit body without claws too well etc., in my opinion at least.

But after I started to like SDs...sooo many interesting sculpts around here! It's really a struggle to resist temptation. These mass discontinuations didn't do me any good, too...Now I see it was a mistake not to buy heads I wanted, but thought they are in no danger of being discontinied. Not going to do the same mistakes again!

10. I have 7 now, I just found a body about two weeks ago for a head I've had for several years. I may end up selling the others if I can't find decent bodies in matching resin colors.

11. I have slightly over 30. :horror: Not sure how I got so many, at one point I was short of money and whenever a doll came out I liked I just bought he head not the body. I don't think I will get all of them bodies, but a lot of them I would like to be full dolls, so... who knows. At least they make up very little space even with this many.

12. I have none now, but have bodied three. That lead me to decide not to ever get another blank head again.
      So what am I looking at now? Yep, a blank head.

13. Having unfinished dolls bugs me so much :o it's a silly pet peeve of mine! That's a big reason I don't have any floating heads about. Instead I have dolls that I need to fix and make full outfits for lol that's kinda worse...

14. 0 - this year. Last year I had one for a couple months while I waited on the body to get here. Sometimes you just got to grab that head when you can! :love

15. Technically 2, one waiting to be opened at home and another I'm waiting to get shipped... I don't particularly like floating heads, I buy all my dolls for OCs so I intend to get them bodies... I know the body I want for the one at home, but I'm worried about finding the one I want for the other since he's a DOD and I want a DOD body :...(

16. Five. They are all in need of bodies. A few had bodies, but I had and have to sell some stuff for funds. Thus floating heads! lol.

17. I have just gotten my first floating head! I bought a doll and didn't realize it until I opened him up, but the company actually sent me a floating head as a gift! No idea what to do with her, but I'm very excited! :)

18. 10.... So many blank minifee event heads... I suppose it'll be 11 once my feeple60 Momo comes in with her event head though.

19. I have two, where as I regretted buying one of them, so I will probably never use it. The other I'm still debating whether or not to use.

20. I have one I'm keeping and one that was an event head I am not keeping, but it feels so weird having an unfinished doll lol!