1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many floating heads do you have? (2019/2020)

Jan 18, 2019

?

How many floating heads do you have?

Poll closed Dec 29, 2020.
  1. 0

16.2%
  2. 1-5

64.4%
  3. 6-10

12.4%
  4. 11-15

2.5%
  5. 16-20

1.3%
  6. Over 20

3.2%
    1. As of now, 6. No plans to make any into full dolls.
      2 are vinyl, strictly practice because I don't want any complete vinyl dolls.
      1 resin has the LE company face-up so I will see if I can re-home it, I am reluctant to wipe it.
      3 resin heads that got beheaded, bodies snatched for Unoa hybrids.
      Currently these are also for my practice also because 2 are tan.

2. I have 5 - I was down to three but Light Limner had a sale. Whoops! I do think I'll only be getting bodies for two of them in the near future, though. A few of them may move on.

3. I am now a true member of the floating head club!

I bought a doll for his body to go with another head I ordered, and now I don't know what to do with the original head that came with the body, maybe practice on it?

4. I have three floating heads. The body for one of them will soon arrive from the company. I'm planning to order a body for the second one, and a body I need for the third one is discontinued and extremely hard to find on secondary market, so I'm afraid this head will remain floating for long.

5. Currently I have only one floating head. I used to be a floating head hoarder, but now I convinced myself that one or two is enough. I don't know, but somehow I get "anxiety" if I have too many floating heads and not a really plan to make them into a character. So I only allow myself to buy a head if I really like the mold and have a plan to get a body for it in the nearish future.

6. This thread intrigues me because, prior to joining DOA, it never occurred to me to have floating heads LOL, But it's an awesome idea! So, I have a Raccoon Doll coming (the anticipation is killing me) she is a white skin Sia. I have my eye on another Raccoon head, BUT, what other brands have all of you found that blend well? with Raccoon white skins in particular, if you have done so. Have you ever put a Soul Doll head on a Raccoon Body? or an Impledoll?

I am newish to DOA, and very new to BJD's. I have never been afraid to ask questions and I have MANY, hope I don't become annoying LOL

7. I have a lot of floating heads because either I don't like their body or they are too pricey!! And Soom sometimes comes with both heads, I don't really know what I can do for the other head. They basically share one body......

8. .

#128 Magical Rin, Sep 27, 2019
      Last edited: Aug 24, 2023
    9. As of right now, luckily only 3 but I’m already overwhelmed...
      Just the thought of finding particularly two of them bodies is overwhelming, because I’m so worried I’m going to spend all this money on bodies only for them to not fit at all...

10. Two right now, a Luts Angel Elf Soo and a Batchix Bastian.

11. I usually have 2-3 floating heads sitting around waiting for bodies or new homes.

12. Not counting alternate heads for full dolls (sleeping heads and similar), I'm down to three now after finally getting a body for the oldest one in my collection!

One of the remaining three will never have a body; I never found one that worked for him, and eventually decided he didn't even work for the character he was supposed to be (and he's even a MNM of that character!), but that the sculpt itself was appealing as long as I just treated it like a sculpt. So he's on a bust stand and will stay that way for good.

One of them... I'm just not sure what I'll be doing with him yet. I like him enough to not sell, but I don't have specific plans yet, either.

And one of them has a body on order that I'm hoping to receive by the end of the year!

13. I was actually surprised to count them and find out there were only five (four SDs, one MSD)! It doesn't feel even that many since I keep swapping them into bodies depending on which ones I currently want to take photos of or just see displayed. That said, all of them are "complete", the only unpainted ones I have rolling around are two Sist faceplates, but those don't count.

(Between me and my fiancée the headcount goes up to ten or so, though.)

14. I thankfully only have one at the moment, and i managed to keep myself from getting another last night lol

15. Since my first response in July, I am now at 3 floating heads :sweat one isn't home yet but, when he is, I'll be at 3... I really need to get some bodies

16. I have around six or seven (full characters and sleeping heads), they more or less share 3 bodies, depending on their resin colour.

17. Of the dolls I'm keeping I have 3 floating heads at the moment.
      2 other heads that are alternative heads for 2 other dolls

18. Urgh, I'm at 7 right now, 4 of which will be sold eventually. I've got two headless bodies, but none of the head match or fit well on either!:doh

Resin matching and event heads can make quite the dilemma in our hobby.:lol:

19. None, anymore! I’m finally free!! I had held on to this one head for so long, convincing myself that I would eventually find a use for it, but never, ever got around to it. ELEVEN YEARS I hung on to this floating head, sure that I would have an epiphany at some point.

20. I currently have two heads with no body at all and one that shares a body with someone else...so I suppose he’s still technically a floating head. :XD: At least he has a faceup though. My two SD heads are blank and boxed up until I finish some of my more immediate projects. I’m excited to work on them in the future though!