1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I used to think I would never get two of the same sculpts, even if I wanted twins I would instead seek out two sculpts that were similar but still not buy two of the same exact molds. And after having two DoCs as my first dolls, despite having different head molds the fact that they had the same bodies drove me absolutely insane. So this further solidified my feelings of never wanting duplicates.

Things have changed. I am so completely drawn to DiM Bellose and Kassia molds it's rather odd. When I brought my first Bellose boy home I was in complete love, especially as for the longest time I had completely overlooked the sculpt and bought the head practically on a whim. And long ago I had decided that if I were going to get a single girl doll for my group it was going to be a Kassia as she was the only female doll that had ever stuck with me long term. That plan still hasn't changed, however I've been on the hunt for two sculpts to embody my two twin characters. My rule for not wanting to buy two of the same sculpt to be twins still stood solid, but it never occurred to me that I could buy the same sculpt again for dolls not intended to be related. So now, I'm saving for another set of Bellose and Kassia, though sleepy eyed versions, to be my twin boys.

I reassure myself that it's fine since the twins will have modified mouths and the fact that their eye shapes are almost closed make them different enough from my current Bellose and planned Kassia.It's sort of a confusing equation as I shall have a set of nonidentical twin dolls with different sculpts yet two sets of dolls with identical sculpts not intended to be twins. Oi!

2. I doubt I would ever get two of exactly the same mold, but Zaolls have done me in for mulitiples. I already have a dreaming luv, and a muse, I keep trying to convince myself that I don't need a ramie... and then I still want a normal luv... and that new dreaming muse... I'm doomed.

3. I'm planning a set of twins who AREN'T the same sculpt... but both heads are from the same company, to keep the aesthetic similar. I don't know if I would get duplicate heads for my own dolls' characters, but I have a DZ Hid and my friend is planning to get one too - they'll look nothing alike, their characters are completely different, but the sculpt seemed fitting for both of them. And since my dolls are usually over at her house anyway... lol, it's about as good as owning two of the same heads, since our dolls are tied up in stories together.

4. I have four of Dollmore's Kara Klum, and a fifth head whom I've been seriously considering buying a body for just for the hell of it. I can no longer guarantee I won't get more of them in the future...I can't help it lol it's like an addiction!! I also have Liebe Klum and Pado who are all in the same family according to Dollmore, and you can totally see the resemblance.

I actually want them all to have the same body since they're all the same person, but that means no one else in my collection can have it (I'm not a body repeater either...). And because they're all one person, it means odd versions Dollmore may release in the future (tan or elf ears) are out. But sleeping and fangs I still have hope for...

EDIT: the 5th head did eventually get a body this year XD I'm officially at 5.

5. Let's see here. I have:

--four Shushus (did have five, but finally parted with one) - I would have her in multiple sizes if Fairyland makes a F65 and a LTF version
      --two Chalcos
      --three Lances (two big, one tiny)
      --two Juris(big 05, small 08, but they're basically the same sculpt)
      --if I get lucky in this Dolpa, I will have a Little Lorina (though mine is a boy) and a big Lorina

If I find something I like, one is rarely enough. :D

6. I'm not much for repeats generally, though I don't mind repeated bodies. However... I do have a MNF Elf Shiwoo, MNF Scar Shiwoo and a LTF Elf Shiwoo, and am getting a Delf Shiwoo. And am sort of regretting selling the regular MNF Shiwoo head I had. I also have a modded dreaming Delf El and a modded sleeping MNF El, and could totally see myself getting more Els in the future. I've also got a MNF Woosoo and modded sleeping MNF Woosoo. And I just remembered the Puki Puki and LTF Pipis. CP owns my wallet.

They do all look VERY different, though. Most people, especially non-doll-people, would never guess Ruth and Kale are versions of the same sculpt, for example, and I don't think Ciaran and Alexis look one bit alike. (I don't think the MNF El really looks like El anyway, it looks more like Moon to me.)

7. ^_^ At the moment, I only have one set of the same mold; Soom's Pyrol and Minette. I didn't even realize they were the same sculpt though, not until I got them and saw their blank faces next to each other. :P

That, and if it counts, I'll have both the sleepy and open eyed faceplates with my Dollshe Saint (if I ever get him). They'll be the same person at different times. His SA faceplate will have a burn, and the OE one will be scars. And if I had the kind of money to do it, I might even envision getting more OE faceplates, to put varying degrees of scar on his face, to show the progression of time... :P Maybe someday...

8. In general, I don't think I could ever repeat a sculpt more than twice (for identical twins or if a 'character' calls for it).

However! If I were to win the lotto, I would consider tracking down one of each YoSD Four Sisters. I own Kira and love her to bits -- and deep down I'd love Sara, Megu and Nana, too. Oh! And Una (WS version). :aheartbea

9. I have three Esthy Peroths, two in NS one in WS they have been slightly modded to have there eyes a bit more open, they where supposed to look alike which was why I have them.

10. I have two Shiwoos, a regular Delf and a littlefee elf version. If all goes well I will be getting a mnf version very soon. I don't think I could do it in the same size, like two delf or two little fees since I have no plans for twins in the near future.

11. The most of any particular sculpt I've ever had at a time was three... For awhile I owned a trio of open-eyed BV Breakaways; one NS (Julian) and two BWs (Galen and Hon Mun). Galen eventually went on to another owner, but the other two are still here.

I have quite a few same-sculpt/different-resin pairs in my collection. Original Breakaways and their vampire counterparts, BV Breakaways, Standard Shiwoos, both Type 1 and Type 2 Dreaming and Vampire Shiwoos, Standard and Dreaming Els... The dolls themselves end up looking different enough that it doesn't bother me. They don't look like "clones" of each other.

12. So far the most I have of a particular sculpt is two and those are a technicality. It's the male and female versions of the sculpt but the face is the same. I have Fairyland Bisou twins and I'm waiting on Soom Trond and Kivi. I have all the incarnations of Fairyland's Cupid on my wishlist, but I don't know if I'd ever get them. I think twins of anything is as much as I'd want. ^^;

13. ^_^""" The last time I thought of this question and my answer was a straight NO.
      1 is enough.
      Then later when I got twins Williams =A=..Ok....That's the only time it will be...
      but no (-_- ) now if you consider Scar Reisner as the same mold with Reisner then I already have a triplet at home OTL
      it's simply irresistible !!!>w<...when you fell in love with it +_+

14. I have two Lishes, it wasn't intentional. They are different resin tones, one has a custom face up and the other has default. They don't look anything like eachother. :)

15. I'm not normally a repeater (I don't mind body repeats if it suits the character well) because of the way I collect shelling characters not just buying dolls I like the look of, but I did wind up with two of the same mold. When I decided I needed to shell a particular character's brother I had to hunt down a second JDF summer event head 1. So I have two of them but they are not on the same body.

16. I would definitely get another DZ Cherry, because Yumeko and her mom are known for looking a bit alike despite their very different skintones. Yumeko's tan, though if I were to get Priss (her mom) she'd most likely be in pink resin (though there is somebody in the DZ waiting room who's getting a yellow Cherry so I wanna see what that looks like too).

17. I used to own 3 CP Delf Woosoos (one unmodded OE one, one modded OE one, and one vamp one with only an eyemod), but since I no longer collect/wish to own fantasy dolls such as vampires and elves (I feel it limits what I can do in terms of character) I sold the vamp head. It was kind of a hard decision to make since woosoo is my FAVORITE doll and I love them to death..but money was tight..I knew he wasn't going to get much play/face time..and I was able to find an incredibly nice woman from the local doll meets to buy him, so I can still see him when she brings him to meets.

I've also had 2-3 els at a time, and 2 lishes. I have a couple friends who you'd think ALL they collected were els/lishe/breakaways. I know at least one of them has 5+ els, and 3+ lishes, and 2+ breakaways..and the others have about the same numbers.

I see nothing wrong with having multiples of the same mold- if that's what you like, then that's what you collect. Who are we to say you can't have 10 of the same doll?

18. I have doubles of two of my Minimee celebrity heads. I guess I wanted to do different styles for them. I just cannot bring myself to purchase 2 regular dolls from a merchant because all I would think about is, "I COULD HAVE GOTTEN SOMETHING DIFFERENT FOR THIS MONEY." ;)

19. I have multiples of several moulds. Currently I have five Saints. ;)

20. Two of any one head sculpture is my current limit. I have a pair of Wintery Sr Delfs from Luts, which became identical twins - faceups, hair, outfits, and eyes are all as similar as I could manage. However, it's not a set-in-stone limit, and there's a good chance one of these days I'll end up with 3 or more of the same mold.