1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I too, am guilty of one too many same molds and I would want more if I can find them. Some differ in gender, some in skin color, and whether it`s the open/closed eye version. But the head is still generally the "same mold". I enjoy having same molds with different faceups, as it makes each one unique and different.

Up to date, I have....
      6 Remi/Colins , Sasha/F16/SchoolAx2 , LittleAlice/Lorina , WhiteRabbitOE/SwD.

And I still want more Remi/Colin , Masha to be twins with Sasha (Resin difference), 2 more MSD20`s to make triplets, GrLorina to match GrAlice, if possible. I really like most of my dolls to be twins or more.

2. I have Volks Williams triplets 2 SD17 and 1 SD13. I love the Williams mold but I wasn't planning this at all, its just that they kept releasing them, LOL!!!

3. I wasn't planning on having duplicates of a sculpt, but I've got an oldskin white F05 incoming (it used to be the FCS Four Sisters sleeping head) and I already have my normal skin Megu. I will be modding the eyes open on the incoming head (the head has already been modded a little), so the expression on their faces will be different and their resin colours are different.

I am a little bit tempted to get a sunlight skin F01 through FCS (just waiting to see if the SDGrG body becomes an FCS option because a sunlight Graffiti girl body would be a-mazing :D) and a normal skin SwD head (for my current Megu, Mafonwen) and then I'll have four combinations of Four Sisters :) I even know what my girls would be called - My current Megu is Mafonwen (fair raspberry), my incoming F05 will be called Mefyswen (fair strawberry) and my dream FCS girl would be Melys (sweet), because they all have to have Welsh names :D

I don't think it's that strange that if you've found the perfect sculpt, you'll want more than one. BJDs are versatile and they don't all have to look like twins or even siblings really. Dolls with the same sculpt face can look so different from each other, particularly if they've been modded slightly.

4. I feel the same about Zaolls! I have a muse, next I want a luv, then I'll probably want a zaoll boy mod...maybe a dreaming luv for him...
      Not that that's exactly the same doll. I do love the idea of twin dolls if I could justify spending the money on two dolls the same. I just love how some molds are so versatile and can look completely different with different faceups and wigs. However, I might be tempted to have different bodies. There are quite a few heads that look so interesting and vesatile I'd like to have two. Having said that, there are so many lovely molds out there I'm tempted to get a few off my wishlist before I start doubling up.

I'm a little surprised how many other people like the idea of more than one of the same mold.

5. I think I'll get twins one day. But that's all, I want to have a big and very diversified family ;)

6. I'm planning on three Els. One down, two to go :D
      I think he's such a beautiful and versatile sculpt that it seems self-limiting to just have one! They can look so different with different faceups, wigs, eyes etc. Sometimes I've seen two Els together and not even notice they're the same sculpt. Plus they're my absolute favourite sculpt. I want more :P

7. I'm definitly planning on getting a few duplicate molds because I have OC twins that I'd like to make into dolls. I've only decided on one doll to be duplicated though and that's MNF Shushu, and I'd get her and her head and a male body.

8. I'd probably do twins for the same size molds.

As for different sizes but same molds (like puki Ante, PKF Ante, and LTF Ante) I wouldn't feel weird getting lots of them. xD

9. I've been tempted to get another Soom Breccia. I love mine to bits and think she can look so different with a new face up. Everytime I see one on the marketplace I want to adopt her. Maybe someday.

10. I was always perplexed by duplicates, honestly. Couldn't understand wanting multiples of the same doll, when there's so much variety out there.

Then when I got my Granado Boyd, I understood. Without even knowing it, I had (one of) my grail doll. Now I'm just itching for another body, at least, even if I can't pick up a head.

11. Haha, I won't ever have enough money to blow on a billion Doll-Chateu Bellas, but if I could I'd have one to be an elf, one for cosplay, one to be a witch, one to be a dragonfly girl, one to be a bird, one to be a succubus, and a human... maybe more *_* that sculpt just has a ridiculous amount of potential.
      I might start to feel really weird having so many girls with the same face though xD I'd probably sell a few after fawning over them like one fawns over a completed art project, I guess...

12. So far, all I have are two dolls, but I don't see myself getting the same sculpt unless I had some twins or other multiples planned. Yeah, you can do a lot with every sculpt, but I can always change their looks if I really wanted to.

13. So far I've got twin Roderich heads and I've got one Edria head and I'm seriously considering buying two more. They wouldn't be triplets though. Two would be twins and one a completely different person and gender. So I guess to answer the question, as many as I can think of something to do with.;)

14. I have twin Custom House Hyuns, and despite them both being boys and both having default faceups, I have no trouble telling them apart. However, if it were a matter of just wanting more than one of a particular sculpt, not necessarily for twin characters, or for any good reason at all other than sheer appreciation of the pretty - then I'm with Cloudedmind; La Légende de Temps sculpts are probably the only ones so far that have really made me feel that pull. XD Every time I see a Roderich or an Edria on the Marketplace, I have to carefully and methodically talk myself out of pouncing on them. And if the Ludwig sculpt gets released this month and looks anything as handsome as the prototypes promise, I am sunk.

15. Two... I often think that I want twins, but then again it would be boring (sorry twin lovers)
      To have two dolls that looks so much alike... That is not for my taste x'D

But I do have a doll incoming with two heads (Soom Adamelli) and I plan on using both heads on different dolls... But they will look NOTHING alike :P (despite the fact that one in human and the other has a horn and pointy ears x'D)

I couldn't imagine my house with 3-5 different dolls of the same mold... @___@

16. Well, I do have a second Celaran-head (he's a Minimee, I got two). And also, a second Ark-head. Since both are kinda "replacement heads" just in case something happens to the original heads, I don't think they really count, though ... But I really do love Ark and if I had the money (and if Unidoll still were in business and if he hadn't been discontinued), I'd get another one. Every time I see one up for sale in the Marketplace I really have to fight the urge to get him. He's just so perfect, I want to buy him over and over again. :)

17. I don't think getting more than just one of a same sculpt is a waste of money! If you want it, then go for it! So many sculpts have so much potential to look different depending on what kind of faceup you give it/wigs/eyes/clothes/etc. Or... if you want to go for twins/triplets/etc with a similar-ish look, go for that too!

Personally I don't think I'll ever be getting the same sculpt for a doll (unless there's a dreaming head I want/etc.) since I base my BJD's off my characters. I also feel attached to the "one" that I have. So having another might feel funny. Maybe if I make a set of twin characters that I get attached to.. but I don't think that'll be happening. I do admire those who can bring out a lot on their same sculpts though!

18. well when I started out in this hobby i could not imagine getting 2 or more of the same mold,
      I liked so many different molds so how could I justify having 2 of the same molds?

But now I have 2 Fairyland Ante's (A Littlefee and a Puki) because of the size and ears they do look very different though.
      And I bougt a Soom Aphan which came with 2 heads (human and faun) the human head now also has its own body and char, so also 2 Aphan's.

In the future I am still Not planning on getting 2 of the same mold (but who knows what will happen)

19. Probably 2 would be my limit, unless there were slight differences in the sculpts. For instance, I have a Crobidoll Lance and a Crobidoll Daydream Lance and they look so different that I consider them separate sculpts. So I wouldn't mind getting a third Lance as long as his face-up was nothing like the other two.