1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I don’t really know if this counts but, I have a Little Monica, Sophia with a male body and I plan to get the same sculpt as a female someday.

2. If the doll is rare, I'd get 2 of the same mold, if not, 1 is enough.

3. I seem to have a lot of doubles. 2 lishe sd heads, and one lishe msd head.
      Two shushus, one fl bw and one old luts ve shushu in ns.
      Two sd chiwoo heads, one if them is a ve mod.
      One big miyu and one msd miyu.
      I seem to have a problem. :0

4. Never more than one of the exact same mold. I have a DZ Carter and yoCarter but that's as close as I'll get. I just think there's too many interesting sculpts out there to keep working on the same one. I'm even sort of meh about having more than one of the same body sculpt.

5. I have two Napi Carol by now: one is white skin and one is soom tan skin. I plan to get one with CoA 2016.04.04 or 2017.04.04, and one with CoA 2015. I also want to have a sleeping Carol.

6. I have two of Dollzone Wendy and am always on the lookout for a third. I want a school of them all painted in koi colors someday.

7. If it counts, I have a couple Delf/minifee duplicates. Breakaway and scar Breakaway mnf, Soony and Soony elf mnf. I also have one Fairyline Alicia at home and another on layaway. Different colors, but still the same sculpt.

Given the chance, I would get another kid delf Maska. Some sculpts are just so versatile <3

8. I used to be vehemently against this, seeing it as a waste of money that could be going towards new sculpts I don't have yet. However when my LTF Ante came I didn't expect to fall as much in love with the sculpt as I did and now I just want Ante in almost every size she comes in, even the dreaded Minifee form (which has always been my least favorite type of MSD body and size wise) purely just to have her as a companion doll in the biggest size currently available! I'm planning on getting her in Pukifee form too, I'm in love with the sculpt that much!

Another sculpt I'm considering getting multiples of is my first ever BJD, Volks Mako! (see my avatar) Purely because her boy version is kind of exactly what I had in mind for a "boy" doll and because the recently released YO-SD version of her is just too cute to pass up! (it also fixes the one minor gripe I have about her sculpt which is little too big/prominent nose)

Hopefully the Ante and Mako/Dai sculpts are the only sculpts I'll ever feel the need to get multiples, because I still sorta stand by my statement that in such an expensive hobby such as this, buying the same thing over again purely for the different size/faceup is kind of a waste. Some sculpts you just can't help yourself though lol!

9. This is one of those things that I never expected myself to do in the hobby, especially since I have a pretty decent wishlist, hah! However, I love my Oasisdoll girl and I think she's really versatile. I have two characters who are supposed to be twins (boy and girl), and I realized my current Natalie looked more like him than the doll I'd picked. I didn't expect to find another Natalie head, but one popped up a few weeks ago and I definitely snagged her.

I will also have two Migidoll Jina heads. One I bought during one of the original ordering periods, so it's quite old and fairly yellowed. I ordered a new one in June so I'd have an easier time finding a body, and I intend to use the other for face-up practice.

10. I have a pair of twins and I def plan to get 2 face molds for what I'm after! (Though I'll need both a male and then female body.) But I think I'd totally be up for getting a 3rd just for random tinkering because I loooove Doll Leaves Steven!

11. I'm two, or more, if I like it

12. If it counts, for any head that I really like, I also want a sleeping version of that head.

13. I'm sure the same sculpt shrunk down will count...

But, I have just seen that Dollshe are doing Saint in 'all sizes' and I am trying to keep myself from putting a 44cm one on a long BJDivas layaway. My gorgeous Ethan is a Saint, and I would love a scaled-down version to take places, leaving the original safe at home. :)

14. Howdy! Recently it was announced that Miracledoll was going to stop production of Baiye, one of my favourite sculpts. Part of me wants to buy another one... but I'm not sure if I could see them as anything else but my current character! Especially since the sculpt is very unique... I could get it modded, I guess, but I love the original so much it would be a shame!
      Does anyone else have multiple characters with the same sculpt? If so, how have you styled them to make them different?

15. I have 2 Souldoll Phiels. One is a 68-year-old dude with white hair, and one is a 35-year-old with facial scarring and blonde hair. Their faceups and character designs are so different that I frequently forget they’re the same sculpt. The different faceups bring out unique qualities in both dolls. If I could find myself a third Phiel, I would probably buy him! :)

16. I have 3 5stardoll Aiden10 dolls, two are twins and the third is a different character. They all have different resin colours, face ups and different styles but I just love how their heads look. If you really like it and can afford it, go for it, worse comes to worse you can sell your second doll if you don't bond

17. I'd say do it! I have 11 minifee Shiwoos (various versions and some with mods, but still all Shiwoos). I also have a Baiye, so I like that sculpt, too. XD
      As far as styling goes, they all have different eyes/eye color, wigs, and faceups. I try not to repeat too many of the same colors of wigs and eyes. Also different resin colors.
      You could get the other color of Baiye that you don't already have. Or you could get a white resin one and dye it a fantasy color, or an NS one and dye it on the tan spectrum. Something like that. :)

#597 Wolfie Pie, Nov 12, 2018
      Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
    18. I have 3 Withdoll Emmas (one is an elf but the face is still the same.) All are in different skin tones and have drastically different characters (one is even a different sex) and I usually forget they are all the same.

As long as the styling is different then I say go for it!

19. If they're styled differently, they won't be the same. I have two Volks F-11's where one has dragon ears and the other cat ones. I also got a taller body for the dragon. Little things like skin, wig and eye colour can do a lot, too. :)

I'm eyeing Baiye, too! But as a girl.

20. I have had two of the same sculpt on several occasions. Sometimes twins or related, other times, possible same story lines. I have two Migidoll Ryu's now. I have had a few Megi's from Dz and Leekeworld Luke. Dz Luke's.