1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I have two DZHal heads.
      I feel like when they are styled differently they can look like completely different dolls and I love it.
      Really if the sculpt speaks towards multiple ideas I'm not opposed to owning doubles ^^

2. I've wanted a second Fenyo head mostly because I'm worried that I will ruin her face up and regret wiping the one she has, lol, same deal with moding.

I love seeing twin dolls, I think it's very sweet and I like the idea, though I'm not sure if it's for me.

3. I probably won't ever get the same mold, since I buy dolls to create my own already developed characters and they're all very different in appearance. I could see myself getting a duplicate sculpt for my guy, who has two different appearances. However, I don't think I could financially justify buying the same mold unless I really love it.

4. I would really love another Dika Doll Rena elf, the sculpt has the sweetest face and I think it could make for an absolutely adorable boy. The long elf ears are an extra-cute plus. I wish Rena wasn't discontinued. I'm always on the lookout for another one now.

5. Two!! I like twins

6. I have 2 Kaye Wiggs Mikki in dark tan and coffee tan. Somehow the colour difference brings out different qualities to me. I think if you love a sculpt have as many as you want!

7. I'm not sure how I feel about having multiples of the same sculpt. As of right now, it would probably make them feel less unique to me. I am fine with one of each.

#607 Maechen, Nov 22, 2018
      Last edited: Jan 2, 2019
    8. I think I’d be open to having two of the same sculpt. You can do a lot with most sculpts so I feel you could make them look pretty different. I guess the only problem would be not wanting another sculpt more lol. Money is limited afterall.

9. Hmm. I am not sure if I'll do double molds.
      If I were to do twins, perhaps similar molds be my aim?

10. two the most ! twins sounds like a good idea :) but with different face ups and styles.

11. If I'm going crazy for a pair of twins then I'll get two of the same girl or boy. :D

12. The closest I've gotten to getting a repeat mold/sculpt is Fairyland's Sircca. I currently own a human version of her but have been keeping an eye on the market to see when an elf version will pop up. Otherwise, I'm not actively chasing any duplicate sculpts.

13. i can totally imagine re-buying a sculpt in a future if there is one i really love - i think the faceup + styling still gives the possibility to make the doll look totally unique.

also i kinda like the idea of sibling/twin-dolls haha

14. I think I'd have to cut myself off at 2 of the same sculpt.... though I would love to have an army of certain dolls that I really love I just don't think it would be reasonable considering how expensive dolls are.

15. I'm considering another Switch Waseon head if the opportunity arises. I think it'll be fun to try out a different - perhaps more naturalistic - face-up for a character who is a model. It could be his 'off-duty' look. And maybe in future if that works out, there could be different face-ups depending on the look he is modelling.

16. I wouldn't get a repeat sculpt since it would feel like a missed opportunity given how much is out there. I'd prefer to get different sculpts to experience a broader variety.

17. I don't think I'd want to spend so much money twice on the exact same product.

Though, if someone ever decided to give me a doll for free that I just happened to already have one of lying around, I wouldn't object. :)

18. I have a twin set where I'm planning to shell both of them. Partially because he's my favorite sculpt, and I want one where the face is actually visible - the one I have now has a tattoo covering his whole face. Obviously detrimental to that.

Barring twins/family members, I have issues with even getting sculpts that look too similar because same face syndrome bothers me. It's just not for me - it bothers me when I see it in art too, so I think it's a carry over from that.

19. I have two DC Hilarys. I really wanted Hilary and Jodie both, but Doll Chateau discontinued Jodie without taking him off the website, so I thought I had time - which it turned out I hadn't.
      There are always Hilarys available, but never Jodies. So I decided to just have Hilary twins - one is ws, the other is ps. If I ever find a ys one, I'll probably snap it up, too, and have triplets. I just LOVE that sculpt.

All my other sibling pairs came about because dolls get shipped with two heads sometimes, and I can't stand floating heads so I end up buying bodies. LOL!!

#619 Fairy Milliner, Mar 13, 2019
      Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
    20. I have two DC Snowborn heads in grey and green colors, but at one point, I also had a white one too :)