1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I would get many different skinned original Bermanns if I could.. I currently have a WS one from 2006, but would love a tanned Bermann and an SA Bermann. I'm currently waiting on a Grown Bermann and Grown SA Bermann head, though I guess the latter two don't really count as the exact same sculpt.. :lol:

2. I'm not at that point yet but I'm already considering getting another CP Delf Juri 06 and I don't even feel bad about it. Also I have a Unoa Sist (and a bunch of faceplates for her but those don't count) but I'm still entertaining myself with a thought of getting a tan one. :love

3. 3... maybe?? I already have 2x of the AIL Elijah sculpt (a girl and a boy)...and if I should see another one pop up for sale at a really good price, well...then I wouldn't mind a third :3

I do understand why some people think it's a bit bleh to have multiples of one sculpt when there's so MANY different, beautiful sculpts out there! But personally I find some sculpts to be so perfect in every way that having one just isn't enough! ^___^

4. I have two CP Delf Chiwoo, and two Little Rebel Andre. It's fun to explore variety within a favorite sculpt ^ ^

5. I have 9 Cerberus Project Shiwoo, all of them different versions, and even different sizes. But only two are same-sculpt twins, Ryuichi, my Open Eye and Ryuma, my Dreaming Shiwoo.

The versions I have:

1.) SD Delf Open Eye Shiwoo - Ryuichi
      2.) SD Delf Dreaming Shiwoo - Ryuma
      3.) MNF Scarred Shiwoo - Lightening scar - Chiyoko
      4.) MNF Open Eye Elf Shiwoo Happy Hour version - Ichi
      5.) SD Delf Dreaming Vampire Shiwoo - Tielo
      6.) SD Delf Tanning Shiwoo - Adrastos
      7.) MNF Sleeping Vampire Shiwoo Happy Hour version (floating head) - Trilllian
      8.) PKF Boris Sleeping Shiwoo (floating faceplate) - Ryu-chan
      9.) LTF Sleeping Shiwoo (floating faceplate) - Ichi-chan

Ryuichi, Ichi, Ryu-chan and Ichi-chan are all the same person at different ages, but the rest are all completely different people altogether.

There are a few more rare Shiwoo that if they ever came up for sale I'd like to buy, but since they're so rare, I doubt that I'd ever have the chance to get them.

You love what you love! :love

Ryu

#645 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Nov 10, 2019
      Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    6. I have two Venitus. They are supposed to be twins, but right now, well, the other one came with a faceup and has black eyebrows, facial tattoos and dark eyeliners, and my own painted boy is ginger with pale freckled face. I like the faceup he came with and enhanced it to have freckles and more texture, but really, I could only do so much and it doesn't match. So I will probably paint the other Venitu completely again one of these days. We'll see.

7. I have 3 Lunnula sleeping mod heads...help me I have a problem

8. Last time I posted here my Ringdoll K had three heads, now he has 7.

Original - unmodded (angry faceup)
      Second - came with the B full set modded with a slight smile, wiped and redone by me to have arched eyebrows
      third - finally did what I intended to do with the first and second - modded with smile, teeth, opened eyes (the silly head)
      Fourth and fifth (bought same time) - one modded to have more open eyes and a "sad or worried" faceup, one modded to be sleeping
      sixth - modded to look like the grimace emoji
      seventh - no mods Ringdoll faceup altered by me (neutral, no expression)

I would like to say he's done now but....

Also last year I bought a second CP Breakaway to be the half brother of the one I've had since 2009.

9. I have two Volks Syo twins. I had the dreaming version but ended up selling. I don’t know if I’ll get more twins again.

10. For me...probably two. I've actually pondered this for a couple. One character in particular I've thought about having a certain look with one head, and then doing a slightly different look with the other. I've also got a set of twins I'd eventually like to shell both of, and have a boy and girl version using the same sculpt for both. In the past, I've had two of one sculpt at a time (Resinsoul Long; don't recall exactly why I had two of him...), but I no longer have either.

Under the right circumstances...if it'll work for an existing character/set of characters to have multiple heads....I'll certainly be open to doing so.

(Also, as an afterthought: I recalled that I do have two King Corey heads. The reason behind my doing so? His sculpt is a (semi) limited one that I added elf ears to, and I wanted a backup without just to have it.)

11. My Unoa has 5 different faceplates :D
      And I own two Soom Elivs (one in tawny, one in cream white).

One of my friends own around 4 or 5 different Dim Larinas :D

12. I actually just got a tenth Shiwoo, a modded Dreaming boy in beauty white (beauty green!)

Now I'm debating on getting beauty white versions of some of my other Shiwoo! :XD:

Ryu

13. I have this thing that when a sculpt inspires me and I like it alot, i get it. But it means that I need to paint it in many different ways. That's why I often end up with "twins".

I used to own 2x Resinsoul Seng (my first doll, loooong ago), 2x Migi Jinas (open and sleeping), 3x MSDoll Draytons (ws, ws, and np), and now I have 2 VS Nanas, 2 Supia Rosies (open (in transit) sleeping), 2 Zaoll Luvs (open and sleeping) and I generally like such 'twins" ;)

Often they may have different genders, or family names (I don't do 'stories" anymore as I used to)

14. My first doll (an Iplehouse EID sculpt) has been retired, but re-released in their FID size. I do plan to eventually get him as an FID, too. I also have a Luts doll with a romance head, and wouldn't mind owning the standard version of that sculpt.

At this point I wouldn't want to own more than one of the exact same sculpt unless there was some slight variation between them (different scale, fantasy or romance versions, etc.).

15. I got 2 Crobidoll Yeon-Ho (one is just a head which I got for my very first faceup attempts - the other one is Crobi default faceup since I was not good enough to paint him at that time),
      5 Luts Bory (NS, WS, brown, romance Elf, normal Elf) and 2 Volks Four Sisters (and still would love more of them^^).

Oh, and 4 Luts Avalanche (SDF65 with normal head and unicorn head, MDF with normal head and one with the limited 3 eyes-head). And 2 Luts Abadon (one is SDF65 and the other MDF).

And I almost forgot: 2 Mirodoll Iris (one girl, one boy)

16. I have four characters that are siblings, and have shelled them as two minifee Ante, a littlefee Ante, and a pukefee Ante and I regret absolutely nothing because they actually look like siblings I love it :whee:

17. What an interesting thread to read hahah, I only have one doll and normally would only want one of each sculpt since I want so many sculpts anyway, that's the ideal... but my pockets aren't deep so I can understand how I'd get similar/same bodies (for dolls of the same company without having to touch any strings?) and even same heads considering how elf ears and other fantasy parts are harder to find (I prefer fantasy parts). I have to go for cheaper sculpts so it's kinda reasonable to have less options. But still too early to really say for sure.

18. If i had the money i would have gotten two DIM larina heads (dreaming and open eyed). The open eyed one is my victorian/lolita doll that is sisters with my mum's doll. I would have loved to get the dreaming version to make into a sad clown. Sigh... maybe one day I'll get to.

19. The artists I've mostly purchased from sell entire dolls (as in, head with body, every time) so buying more than one means buying an entire doll with a budget that could be spent on one of the many, many other dolls I like. I have definitely been tempted - for example, I have a Meadowdolls Kyrra on order in tan skin, but she's also adorable in fair, and it was very tempting to order both. But then I consider that there will be some other adorable sculpt in the future and feel like I can't justify having two the same.

If I was buying from companies where you typically order the head and body separately, I might be more likely to get a couple of identical sculpts to develop into different looks. But still, it's normally about wanting different sizes or resin colours for me.

With my little animal/creature dolls, again I mostly only get one for the same reason - more money for a wider variety of sculpts. But they can be painted in such fantastical ways that I'm much more likely to double up than with human dolls. I just ordered Foo Dou from Black Box (a little Chinese temple guardian) and if there hadn't been such a limited amount available I would have got two. I have a "spring" mossling from Goblin Tales and he's so adorable I definitely want him in other colours (I managed to miss the second preorder with multiple colours which is sad because I realllly want a blue one, but honestly, I would have probably ended up buying one for every season).

20. Sometimes I just happen to really like a sculpt and get 2 or more of the same. I have 3 LumeDoll Keids where two of them are the old type and the most recent is a newer version. I just love his soft features, this dreamy look he's got about him. I don't mind if they have the same bodies either, but in this case they don't, and two of them, which are twins, probably never will as I have had zero luck in finding the old type SD boy body from LumeDoll. I just find it fun having more than one of any given sculpt.