1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. So far I own chibi Newt and regular newt. I also am in love with noble dolls raspberries so I am thinking of getting another eventually. My favorite sculpts are still by far by lillycat but I would definitely get more of my grail, Pandore I think.

2. I have six Luts Borys, two Luts Abadons, three PeaksWoods Tristans, three Soom Ambers, two Soom Sullivans and two Leeke Khals

3. I normally don't buy the same molds, but I have one bought as a back up head in case the the main boy has something unexpected. I am planning for buy the back up heads for my 2 other boys.

4. I was just thinking about this the other day as I recently saw a secondhand doll available for adoption that was the exact same face and body sculpt as one of my own. I thought it would be cute to get him a twin... but the more I looked at that doll's photos, the more I couldn't feel the bond. Even though they were the exact same too! I guess my boy wasn't destined for a twin. I think I would definitely get multiples of a sculpt if they came in different skin tones, though.

5. i keep telling myself i wont buy multiple of the same doll, but whenever my fave sculpts pop up for sale i actively consider it lol atm the only double i have is just an extra head because i'd like to get an eye open mod on one of them

6. I believe I have a special love with Volks FCS-F-16, so they should be triplet in my house.
      I saw a series of Kiriko at Dolpa 42 before, so may be another FCS-F-16 will come...

7. Oh man, I would just keeping any version of my Volks Kun if I could afford to! My first doll was a basic Volks SD10 Kun in all her default glory. I later got a Yo-SD version about a year later. I just recently got a Dear SD version a few days ago. And I have on my watch threads a couple on the Marketplace that I'm not sure if I would keep for myself and customize or give to a friend that also appreciates the same sculpt to customize for me.

The funny thing is, I don't think she's even the prettiest of my dolls. She's definitely within my top four or five. :sweat I feel it's more sentimental reasons that I keep getting her. That, and I've seen a lot of owners' pictures out there to know how great she looks with different face-ups, eyes, and wigs. I remember when I first started the hobby that there was a member here that had a beautiful one that she customized that was tan/sunkist and I've been wanting to do something similar someday through Volks' FCS.

Oh dear...my husband just pointed out to me that we have two Volks Dear SD Megus and two Volks SD13 Jun Tachibanas. :? Hahahaha. I didn't get any sleep last night.:yawn The Juns are his so that's probably his sculpt that he would get a lot of. I actually like the Megu sculpt a lot too and probably would also get her in a Yo-SD and SD10 size if I could. I would also get more Volks Charlotte, especially in Yo-SD and Dear SD sizes if they ever have her in those sizes some day.

8. Just bought a LittleFee Shiwoo that I'm currently waiting to ship. Number eleven.:kitty1

I'm a hopeless Shiwoo fan! :blush

Ryu

9. Yesss on the Shiwoos!
      I have two SDs one in Beauty White (Now green) and a Normal Skin color. Plus an EL head, and incoming Harang head.
      I will buy any CP head or full doll that's a decent price. :XD: It's going to end up being a problem if I'm not careful.

So...old CPs? I will buy all their sculpts a million times over. :drool

10. I was like that when I first got into BJDs, and now I find that I'm starting to lean that way again. There's just something about old CP heads that I just adore!

Ryu

11. Well of course that makes sense! You and I started the same year!
      Shiwoos and Els were the big thing. "Hound" was the first "realistic" sculpt out there and they became HUGE!
      You basically had one of three types of Shiwoos or Els. Gothic, Pastel, or Feminine boys. As much as I thought they were too hyped up for the time, I'm now looking back on them with so much nostalgia since the aesthetics of BJDs has become so broad and there are so many different types. :love

I have been selling off some of my newer sculpts to get back my older ones, nostalgia is such a funny thing!

12. I'm doing the opposite, getting more old CP dolls as well as a couple newer ones here and there. In December, I managed to find a body for a floating head I've had for seven years. To my luck, it was a Shiwoo head that came with it, so I ended up with a Shiwoo I hadn't had before, a Beauty White (Beauty Green) Shiwoo! :dance

I must have been the exception. My first Shiwoo ended up as a rock star, my second one as a crossdressing mangaka, and my third as a gothic/punk lolita. So one out of three is Goth. :whee:

Ryu

#672 Ryuichi Sakuma 13, Mar 16, 2020
      Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    13. I have 2 Minifee Nanuri 13 girls (twins), which I think is fair. Although I also have 3 FeePle60 Lunnula modded sleeping heads...just because I love the sculpt and have a problem. I really want to change it to 2, preferably 1 Lunnula head but I really like them all, I also think I’m scared of getting rid of any of them because they’re so hard to come by.

14. In the past I have thought about this question about buying multiples of the same face mold. I felt like the dolls are so expensive already, to keep buying the same face mold was kind of nuts. I buy a lot of the Fairyland brand dolls and really like the normal skin color. I had several of my favorites in that skin tone. Then I noticed the tan skin and realized I really wanted my favorite mold in the tan skin also, so I ended up getting ante in both colors. This was several years ago. Recently Fairyland came out with a Littlefee Cygne and I fell hard for her. I love her face mold so much I decided to get tan twins, I love them both. Crazy as this sounds, I was really wanting a normal skin one also. I feel like they look so different from each other I could pull it off. I got her and I was right. Then... I ended up getting a Cygne vampire Face plate ! So I have another Cygne. Four to count. I never thought I would end up getting so many of one mold. I love them all. I figure what does it matter. It’s all what I enjoy and nothing more. When I don’t anymore I can sell. Not a big deal. I’m happy and that is what matters. Same for anyone.
      Here are my Cygne girls.
      Littlefee Cygne

15. Probably any Unoa, I could own a thousand of the same Unoa sculpt and still be happy.

16. I would've just stuck to only my volks kurumi and miruku as the same mold in my little family of dolls. However, a my dear friend is a Volks F-01 Four Sisters mold lover. When you get beautiful spam like that, it was hard not to cave. Even though I swore up and down, I wouldn't. Well, crap. I bought one. I believe I bought a Yo-tenshi Una. I stared and stared. Dammit. It went. My dear friend turned me into a F-01 lover too.
      I am not specific to which of the four sisters I want to collect. I want to have all four sisters, and if I could manage it, the fifth discontinued sister, Sara as well in most of their available sizes. My dear friend for example loves her Megus. I turned into ok, I started with yo-sds. Then I found the swd versions of the f-01's. So, I transitioned into the sd size. After that I took a chance on a sd F-01 with her eyes open.
      So, I've come to terms that in a certain regard I have to have them all. I will say that as pretty as the sdm size volks offers of Nana, Kira, or Una, I hate the sdm body. So I am ambivalent of buying that size until I can find similar sized bodies that if I do plunge, I can buy in white skin. I've found I like the volks sdc body but, I've never seen ones in WS. So unas in that range are just really expensive floating heads at that point.
      I do want to mention that through my one mold insanity, I've figured out that I've gone from the opinion of that I like as new as possible, to I really want the older ones. I am really into getting 1999 versions of one or two of the F-01 sd sisters I am still missing.
      As for the Dear SD size, I am not a fan of the dsd body. Since certain versions of the f-01 that are older are more scarce, more ungodly expensive to get, I am ok with collecting the dsd version heads and sticking them onto other bodies.
      I can make a note that acquiring them all a little at a time is fun, tough on the wallet but so much fun.
      This mentality also stretched into similar volks sculpts. Like the sd F-15 or Shou. Or the Cyndy volks released. So....here I am still pining for other models, but I salivating at the mouth for more of the volks f-01 and its affiliates. A lot of people will find it crazy, but I have so much fun making them look wildly different from each other despite, the mold being the same...lol.

17. Oh man... I can see myself wanting... so many of the Clever Littles. Right now, Party Martian's got no one his own size to hang out with, and I've never seen a color I didn't think was beautiful.

18. I have doubles of 4 different heads. Just can’t resist the faceups on them. I love them all, so I decided to get an addition head instead of getting just the faceup.

19. oman.. I have volks old number 9 head (white skin) and I was able to get Licht head later on.. they are basically the same sculpt so that's that.. and two 1st michaels + one one-off Michael.. and one normal skin one-off aya and one one-off white skin aya.. number 9 head is my very first bjd and I think I'm obsessed with head molds similar to it(as you can see). And also oddly obsessed with having different skin colors of them as well. I really want to get white skin one-off Michael but last time the person who posted it on yahoo japan didn't allow people from outside of the country bidding for it :/ Anyway, I have Anais, Chris, and mini Ken and some more but I am not really planning to get extra head molds for those ones.

20. I have one Mei, Bobbiedoll/ResinSoul.
      But I am getting a second one so I can do a Dark Tan upgrade because the light tan wasn't enough.
      Maybe the range isn't as good as they can make it but because my son and I are light and dark tanned, then I want to get corresponding tans! After that, I may not get a repeat of a sculpt. Only because all people have variations and so do my characters!