1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. So far the only double I have is my Real Puki Aki and her Sleeping faceplate. To me she is one doll with two different expressions. I sold the sleeping plate that came with my other Real Puki. Now the only doll I can see myself owning two of is Atelier Momoni's Kitty M in two different colors. But I haven't even gotten one yet, so who knows if that will happen.

2. oh I'm pretty sure if I had the money and were able to find them, I'd buy every single model of Luts Delf El possible lol. I just am obsessed with that cute face!!

3. I have 3 Aidolls Hani, 3 Aidolls Uri, 2 doll love Youyou and 2 Xagadoll Tata now.

4. I once had 4 Resinsoul Meis (a very neutral and easily obtainable sculpt) and it was a lot of fun experimenting with how to make them all look different from one another as stand-alone characters. But I eventually tired of that and branched out. Now all my multiples have specific character relationships instead: 2 Luts BabyDelf Gabriel Genies twins (different skin tones), 2 Luts 2010 Summer event brother and sister who are my gamers (I absolutely adore the sculpt and couldn’t resist), 2 Doll Chateau Lunas (as spooky forgotten toys). Now if I buy multiples, they have to have a relationship to one another and are always designed to be displayed together.

#684 PoeticSoul, Oct 24, 2020
      Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    5. I would definitely buy duplicates of the dolls I already own if I had the space and money to do so. I‘d showcase them in different outfits, different faceups, or even just different poses! Unfortunately even one SD takes up a lot of space, and the dolls I have were only available in limited fullsets, so getting duplicates would cost quite a bit of cash that I’d prefer to use buying clothes and accessories for the dolls I already have... or possibly saving up for a completely different doll :)

6. OT but I have several vinyl dolls, and one mold can be made into several different characters as they are sold with a face-up and wigs/eyes. I have two of the same mold, and can't bring myself to get more even though I absolutely love that mold. I just can't justify spending $$$$ on what would essentially be the same doll. I think there's only so much variance with one mold; it would be better to pick up a different mold.

7. Do you ever buy multiples of the same doll, and style it the same? I kind of want twins, but at the same time I keep thinking I might regret it since I could spend that money on a totally different doll. So I am torn!

8. I have four Kaye Wiggs Talyssa's. All styled differently!

9. I do have multiples of a few favorite sculpts, but there are always variations between them... One will be male and the other female, for instance, or one will be the standard open-eyed head while the other is the sleeping/dreaming version, or they'll be different resin colors, or at the very least they'll have completely different outfit styles, hair and eye colors.

No one doll in the set is likely to be mistaken for the other, in other words, even if they're both Heliots, or Adels, or F-31s, or Breakaways or whatever.

10. I have five of the same head sculpt, but styled differently and on different bodies - male and female twins, an older sister an an even older cousin for four of them, the fifth is a floating head and there should be a sixth, but it went to an artist for a faceup several years ago and the artist has since left the hobby and stopped answering my emails, so I'm reluctantly having to write that one off.

I have two of another sculpt as brother and sister too.

Teddy

11. I've got four pairs of identical dolls and before I had three dolls of one kind. I never do twins, I try to style the same dolls to be as different as possible. It's like to explore the potential of a doll you like. And once I just couldn't decide what style I wanted for a doll I liked so I bought two and realized both ideas. Personally I think having two dolls which look the same is a bit boring. I like looking at photos of such dolls of other owners' though.

12. I have twins that are the same sculpt but not styled the same- Jericho and Shiloh. I also have two FL Alicia mermaids in different color combos, Breakaway and Soony in different sizes and styles, and if the mail would stop mucking about I'd have two KDF Maskas in different colors and styles. Oh, and my twin DD Mikus- one is snow and one is sakura. So um, yeah, I have multiples, and even twins, but not styled exactly the same.

13. I actually wish I could have the same doll twice, styled exactly the same. I think that's a super interesting and cool thing, visually.
      But at the same time it feels a bit like a waste of money :chomp:

14. My msd twins are different sculpts from the same company but I do have yosd triplets (2 boys and a girl) and the boys from that are both the same sculpt with identical faceups, just different expressions. If I ever shell their cousins I may do the same sculpts but with different faceups.

15. I have a pair of Breakaways who are brothers, but they look nothing alike, and I have two Elf Chiwoo heads - both have been modded in different ways by previous owners, one NS and one WS - that will also be brothers when I get a body for the WS one.

Other than that all my multiples are either the same person in different styles or extra heads for the same doll. I love extra heads.

16. I've never owned 2 of the same sculpt, but I see myself getting up to 3 in different resin colours since the aesthetic changes completely! My grail doll is iMda 3.0 Modigli, and I hope to get her in normal skin, in choco skin, and her sleeping version as 3 different dolls with different styles. She's just such a versatile and unique sculpt with so much potential :D

17. Once they come in I will have 2 minifee Alicia's and 2 littlefee Cygne's, plus their sleeping face each. The duplicate awake face will be an alternate faceup. They will have a normal face and a "magical" face. I'm thinking facepaint markings, extra glittery, etc :chibi

I'm also gonna have all 3 faces of the winter event Dina. But her heads will be different characters, though they will share the body.

18. I love the idea of twins/triplets and siblings in my crew, so I have a few of them now. I have two YoSD Harucasting Geuru’s, one the smiling face and the other normal face, plus a Big Geuru, their older sister in MSD size.

And then I have two Fairyland Minifee Halloween ‘18 event heads, twins Daria and Quinn, who both have ginger hair and brown eyes, but one has a darker faceup and dresses edgier, while the other is a bit more sweet looking and wears lighter colors.

and I’m just waiting for the right sculpt to come along to get triplets.

19. I saw I had responded to this thread, but I knew it was not recently. And, I am surprised to see that my perspective has not changed all that much. Although I have "twin" SD heads, for instance, one of each of the twin heads is on a SD body while the other is on a Dear SD body. But, I do have three Yo-F01 girls - YoTenshi Una, YoSD Megu and YoSD SwD Nana. Each one, however, has a unique style and is painted by a different face-up artist, so they do not feel the same to me.

These days, I tend to be drawn to the same sculpts again and again. With time, I have developed a very strong sense of what it is I love versus what it is I like, I suppose.

Seeing this makes me think back to my collection back in 2012. It was so small and intimate but few of those dolls remain. I wonder, though, if I could achieve a small and intimate collection like that again. I shall have to think on that.

Here is a photo of my "twins" (left: Abella, YoSD Megu, right: Adora, YoTenshi Una).

[​IMG]

#699 elphsnt, Feb 13, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
    20. I don’t find myself wanting doubles. In fact, I don’t even like to buy more than one of the same body (I’ll buy multiple heads/face plates to swap out on the same body whenever possible).