1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I have 2 of the RML R20J sculpt. I love my RML elf-girl and wanted a spare head (just in case anything happened to the first one) so bought one when it came up on the marketplace.... except it somehow became a twin brother for my girl:
      [​IMG]

Teddy

2. I have no idea how this happened. Sphalers just show up.

[​IMG]

(shuffles feet) I have a couple more...

3. I collect Lishes... I don't consider them twins/triplets etc (quintuplets they are at the moment) - I have an OE head, a modded dreaming, a modded dreaming Elf 05, a Vampire Elf 05 and an OE Elf 06 - plus a MNF and a LTF. I don't have the chicline yet, but she's in my list. I would be quite willing to get another of the Delf girls and am always waiting for CP to finally do an Elf/Elf Vamp version of the Lishe in MNF, or a Chicline style head for the F65. (I plan to buy all of them if I can, but I'm not stressed over the Tan Delf and Tan MNF...)

I also have 2 Els, a Chicline and a LTF (with more similarities than you'd think), plus 5 Breakaways but only the Fairyland released versions - the Feeple70 Midnight blue, a Scar MNF (and the sleeping head) plus 3 LTF/L-line faceplates.

Then I also have a couple of pukifee twin sets: 2 Bonnies (most people wouldn't even guess they're the same face) and 2 Zoes... I am planning on getting another of each in WS, which would make them all triplets. (hmm... I notice a sculpting theme here). I am also hoping eventually to get a Puki Ante, which would take my collection of Antes to two.

Edit 2 (I will remember them all at some point) - Outside of CP sculpts, I have 2 of Pipos' Alices - a Dark Alice and a Baby Alice and I will soon have the third, an Alice Jr to finish my collection.

Here are my Lishe girls:
      [​IMG]
      My Lishe Collection II by TeaPartyRevolution, on Flickr

4. Well, I have two Soom Chroms. I've been using the unfinished one as a practice head for faceups but I know it'll join my resin crew when I eventually find one I like. (I'm kinda playing with making this one a girl. >_> )
      And I'm seriously considering getting a second Sugarble Genie. The first one I got in the tan skin with default faceup because it's absolutely perfect for one of my characters but the more I look at the head sculpt the more I feel compelled to paint it... So, I may end up getting one in white or normal skin to play with.

I don't think it's weird at all to want more than one of a sculpt. There are some sculpts that just call to us with so much potential and so many possibilities. It's sometimes very difficult to decide which direction we'd like to go and having more than one of a particular sculpt allows us to compromise and not have to choose. :3

5. SO many of you!
      haha thats alot 7 of the same molds!
      WOW i wonder if theres 10 >,<

6. *cough* Yes. Check my profile.
      Six regular Iple House Soo Ris, four gentle Soo Ris. Used to have eleven.
      I have quite a few multiples. :) Four Iple House EID Chases. Two UniDoll UH-08s. A couple of Blue Fairy Kyles. Had a couple of Angel Region Jades. Had a few Unoa B-els, three at the same time. Had two Iple House EID Bichuns until one head moved on recently.

Most of the time, it's really not planned. I just see another one that I really like, and get it.
      The Soo Ris, however, were originally because three of them were different aspects of the same character and needed to have the same body and face. After that, it just turned into getting one of each resin that was available back then: normal, white, tan. And then one of each resin color for each sculpt - regular and gentle. :sweat

7. One of my friends has 11 variations of the Shiwoo sculpt with another 3 heads without bodies.

8. To answer the thread title; As many as my money situation will allow! XD

I have plans for at least two other IFs. (For my personal preference it's the perfect sculpt) Both girls as that's what I had intended from the start. Donivan just ended up a guy somehow.
      And I want twin Borys.
      And I already have 2 heads for my Goldie and intend on getting 2 more (many different faceups.)

9. haha you know what? i dont even want to know how many in total you guys have i'd scare me off!!! hehe just kidding i cant imagine having so many of them although they're all so pretty. but my max is 10 >.<
      and i'm still trying to cut down on them...
      coz i just dont have so much to fund for them all..

10. Right now I couldn't see myself having more than one of a head, but that's just because there's so many dolls still on my wishlist, I'd rather buy those than buy another of something I already have.

The exception to this rule for me though is some of the off-topic, less expensive dolls. I have two of one type of plastic doll - one I bought as a full set and one I bought blank so I can practice doing face-ups. I think that if I found a second-hand head or even a whole doll that I already had but it was for a very very good deal, I might consider getting it as a practice doll for face-ups too.

11. I always swore that because my crew is made up of the inhabitants of a "neighborhood" rather than a family, each sculpt and company would be different. However I completely broke that rule when it came to my Mei girls.:doh I love the Resinsoul Mei sculpt because they make such perfect blank canvases and are readily affordable, easy to obtain and come in many different fantasy colors. Mei (and her closed-eyed version Fei) just really spoke to me and I wound up with quadruplets before I knew it!:sweat None of them look alike however and they all have very different characters, though all are linked by being Elven shape-shifters. Mei's can easily be adapted to just about anyhing because of their very neutral (but lovely) faces and that's why I love working with them. I just couldn't help myself!;)

12. Well, I really love the idea of twins and it does not need to be just the save fashion style whereby one can be a gothic and the other, a lolita n___n Basically I like that idea because it makes them special in their own way even though they are from the same sculpt ^___^

13. I was thinking the other day that I might well buy two heads for one character - one with the company default face-up, and one blank for trying my own face-ups. It would make me feel secure: if I never manage a good face-up of my own, I'd still have the professional version to make sure my boy/girl looks nice :P.

But since I look for dolls to embody specific characters, I wouldn't get two of the same - none of my characters happen to be twins :).

14. I do have two characters in mind that would be twins with the same look but very different personality, but they make people believe they are one person with a split personality, so they're not seen together in one place, and if you meet him, you never know which 'personality'(twin)you're going to get. It seems like a cool concept to do something with! I like a lot of heads enough for multiples, if I had enough money, I'd have an army of Volks Cecile's xD

15. Because my dolls are grouped by family, my only real need for identical sculpts is for identical twins, as my one set of twins I currently own are fraternal and two slighty different but similar sculpts. The identical ones when I do buy them eventually will be the same sculpt in two different resin colours due to personality/character design.

The most I've ever seen of an owner with one doll sculpt was a Japanese owner who owned I believe 11 different Williams.

16. If I had enough money, I would like to have YoSD twins, ie a white skin and a normal skin, or a boy and a girl with same mold.

17. I'll admit that I'm planning a few different multiples- I want a NS Re-Che to go with my tan one, but they would technically count as different since my Tan boy is closer to the first edition Re-Che head, while the NS one has a closed mouth and a different nose etc. being newer. I'd also like two Iplehouse Vitos. Reason being, he's a perfect fit in the Realskin resin for one character, and I think he'd be adorable in Ebony. So I'd get him twice in two different resin tones. I think that would be it though...

18. I used to plan a girl twins for my boy. But I won't have same mold more than 2.
      I went to meet once and saw people having same mold as my doll, all together is 7!!!
      And they all wore blonde wig... It's quite a strange moment. lol

19. *laugh* I'm lucky enough to have fallen for a mold that's available in different sizes. I currently have a Pukipuki Ante, a PukiFee Ante, and a LittleFee Ante...

...and I WILL buy a MiniFee Ante if they ever release one!!

20. It was not intended, but I did twice, with two molds I already had (Delf Chiwoo & Delf Soo), but in a different size (MiniFée Chiwoo & MiniFée Soo). Curiously my only two repeated ones, although in smaller size, are my only own creation characters. In their same size they all are different sculpts, but in all the cases, my view of their characters asked for those molds for them.