1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of the same molds will you get?

Jul 6, 2011

1. I didnt mean to but I fell in love with the kaye wiggs layla sculpt and bought a lt tan and fair human layla and Im waiting on a lilac layla elf. I think if you like it get it you can always sell one later.

2. I have never thought to get two or more of the same mold. ^^;; If I decide to make my boy Lucca (DOC Homme Kirill)'s deceased twin brother, then I am lucky that there is Homme Ivan to represent that character. :) If I do get a second Kirill, it would be only to get the LE elf or vampire version.~
      Having multiple body molds never even came to mind...it wouldn't bother me, especially with twins. I'm used to having a bunch of 25cm obitsus for different dolls, so say, two DOC bodies wouldn't cause concern.

3. I have to admit, I'd love to get another Volks Kun and pop it on a male body as a brother to my Remedy. I'd also love the Yo-sized version of Kun, but those are pretty back-burner ideas because I have other things I'd rather do first.

4. I probably would only get 2 of the same mold. They might be twins or maybe just 2 different things. I just dont want to get too attached to one mold and really look into the others molds out there.

5. I'm the owner for SD16 Pearl twins. Only this model persuade me to make it a double.
      My 1st pearl has sent to makeup for a strong image which is looking good on her. But my intention is the pure girl. That's why I sent her for another pure makeup & she is just looking perfect as the dark one. Unfortately, Volks release to have another Pearl for custom book. I just makeup my decision stright away.

Some models are just looking perfect in both images which is wealth for a twins. :D

6. If I could find more than one Hound, I'd definitely purchase it and add it to the resin family. Sadly, I can't even get hold of one. xD;;; But yeah, the Hounds definitely. Maybe even a Limhwa Mano if I can ever find another one. Mostly, I'd get the discontinued sculpts. I've often thought about creating twins, but I haven't found the perfect sculpt just yet. Oh! I have a Limhwa Mono in french resin right now and I'm planning to get another in tanned. Mostly cause the french resin version is severely yellowed as I bought it off the MP at a relatively cheap price some time ago and I want one that's tanned. If I could get hold of another Luts Man '08 head, I'd get that one too.

7. I have plenty of Bluefairy Tinyfairies, some of them are the same mold but their characters aren't siblings or twins. Here is what I have 2 x Jerome (ns and white), 2 x Xiao (misty rose and ns, also, they're different becouse of the renewal), 3 x Lin (misty, ns and white) and May Valentine (misty rose and tan which I'm currently waiting). I'm also in love with Juri 05 so I have two of them, they are sisters but not twins. ^^ I know I'll buy more Bluefairies and eventually will have one (or three) same mold in different resin colours.

8. I don't think I'd buy two of any particular sculpt, just because there are -so many- sculpts out there that I like. Rather than investing in another of what I already have, I'd put that money toward something I don't yet have :)

9. Huh, I never even thought about getting the same kind of sculpt again. I'd like all of my dolls to be different from one another!

10. I don't plan on doubling up any of my dolls, EXCEPT for AoD Mimi....of which I will be getting two, to be the humanised!versions of Rumble and Frenzy from Transformers. Since I'm doing them as identical sculpts but differentiated by haircolour and clothing, it made sense to do it that way, rather than getting two look-alike sculpts.

11. Two or three maximum. This isn't counting heads-only. Twins or triplets is pretty much the only way I'd do this--it just feels oddly awkward to me otherwise. I like variety in my dolly family!

12. I'm a one-doll-per-sculpt person. Though I would gladly be the general of a Soom Io army, there are so many beautiful dolls out there that I would like to own at some point. I feel like buying multiples of a sculpt would be taking away from the opportunity to get one of those others. I can't in good conscience do it. I've tried, but I just can't. I'm too in love with the variety.

13. I'm so picky about my headmolds that duplicates don't bother me at all ;)

Currently I have two Lusis faceplates (one default although a little modded and one dozing modded). They are not relatives in any way and (imo) look very different. At one point I was contemplating getting still one more, this time unmodded Lusis default but gave up on it, for now!

I'm also always drooling after Afis although I've got Ai at home. And I wouldn't mind another Bygg/Beyla... My Sweet is an exception, I just want one of that mold!

I also have no trouble getting duplicate bodies. My tinies are all from the same company, so they have the same body :) Except for Nikki (NS Bygg), who has the upgraded version of the Teenie Gem body. I also love the Unoa body aesthetics but for posability reasons (and perhaps a bt because of the money) I'm getting a MNF for the second face-plate.

14. I would probably only do this in the case of fraternal twins. Because most molds are androgynous, I would love that! If I had enough money, oh man! I'd be so tempted to buy two of the doll I'm currently saving for so I could have twins. PKF Zoe makes an adorable little boy and a gorgeous little girl. But alas, I don't have enough funds to not see it as a waste of money to buy two of the same doll. Or may be I'm just cheap.
      Also, I wouldn't even think of buying a separate body for the sleeping faceplate. That's crazy! But I guess you really love that sculpt.

15. I don't really have enough dolls at once to justify getting duplicates. I had two Volks F-17 heads at one point, but I didn't really need the spare and ended up selling it. I might if I had twin characters, but generally there are too many different dolls that I want to get more than one of each.

16. Depends on the mold/character. I had a lot of twin characters at one stage, but they haven't both made it into BJD's yet

17. Oh, I have a few sets of doubles - my most notable being my Soom Kivi and her counterpart R. head. You wouldn't know that they were the same mold unless someone pointed it out, as the OE head has a very soft, sweet, feminine look and the other has a darker look, with a space tattoo down the side of his(!) face. They both come from different plotlines as well. >_>

I also have a Pyrol and Minette pair that again, look very different. Although these two are brother and sister.

18. I entertained the thought of getting another Migi Miho head for a spare body I have around, but I just couldn't bring myself to outright buy it. Even though it already has its own faceup and makes it look different from the Miho I already have, in the end I prefer having a variety of sculpts around. Heck, even my fraternal twins aren't the same mold and came from different companies ^^

19. I've thought about having twins but never really devoted a place for them in my group of dolls. I think it was because I got distracted by new releases! There are too many nice dolls out there to go out and spend money on a second doll of a sculpt you already have or even third. Then again, if I had a large income every month, my view on this would probably change. Gotta be careful with which dolls I can buy as a student!

20. The most I ever buy of a single mold would probably be 3. And they'd be triplets, or all related or whatnot. :3