1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you have big dolls? 70cm - 80cm

Apr 10, 2008

1. Sweet.
      I couldn't order my dollmore boy, because I got a virus and had to get my 'puter wiped! It sucked.

2. Good grief! Even with anti-virus software, one still gets viruses. Damn hackers! Anyway, I got 3 big boys, DZ Yuu2, DOD Lukev1 and Soom's Sabik. Jean-Michele(Sabik) is gorgeous and heavy. Fortunately, Soom makes some clothing for it's Mecha Angels(but not enough!). Dollmore Model sized shirts and shoes will fit him. I don't like to change clothes on my dolls once I get the right outfit for each. Makes things alot easier!:)

3. LOL. I just found out that Soom's Beryl will be 69cm with the hooves, so even when I'm not hunting for a big girl, I find one!

4. I've got DOI. He's quite bigger than DOT though..
      However, his body is so great. The lims are just perfect for his body. So, overall he's so fine. I dont have problem with wig or clothes either since he can share same wig/shoes with DOT and can wear some of DOT shirt and hound size. ^ ^

5. I've one hybrid EL+DZ 70Cm body and ordered Soom mecha Angel Saiph... I'm a little bit affraid by getting a so huge girl: it was really a pain to find cool clothes for the dollzone body and girl's shoes for my Unoss so I can't imagine how it will be to find shoes and clothes for a 80cm doll...

6. This is the only place I can think to ask, so here goes-

Where are some places to shop for clothes and wigs for the bigger dolls? I know of Dollmore, and Iplehouse - but Dollmore I have to be a little careful, as their dolls are more slender than a Buddydoll. I know Luts also stocks boots for Senior Delfs that fit Hound.

It's also a little difficult to find good wigs that are 9-10, though Leekeworld at least has those. Really I'm having the most trouble with clothes :sweat:

7. I've found vey large clothes for the Dollzone body at Dollzone shop...

8. I've ended up commissioning clothes for my Yuu, and buying large things like clothes for a mecha angel. They don't quite fit, but close enough! I have to roll up his pant legs until I stitch them and his arms are a bit shorter than the mecha..

This is the v-neck knitwear_Mecha Angel[gray] and pants_Mecha Angel[gray] (from the soom website)

[​IMG]

9. I own three Model dolls from Dollmore-Mellow and Ipsae, and a SOOM Gina head on a Model doll body. They are giants compared to my Customhouse Choa and S'ram. The bigger dolls are a bit tougher to handle, but their size is impressive. I am desperately waiting for SOOM Mecha Angel male to be offered again. At 80cm, WOW...just can't wait

10. I have one each of the main 70/71cm males - a Dollzone Recall, a Dollshe Hound and a DM Model Doll Haneol Moon. Each have their pros and cons.

If you're going for a Model Doll male, I suggest getting the more narrow shoulders so a lot of the Dollshe clothing will fit them across the shoulders. The Dollshe clothing arms may be a little short because Model Dolls have such long arms. Iplehouse Dollshe pants are long enough for the Model Doll's extra-long legs but many other Dollshe pants from other companies will be too short. They also have honking big feet so the only shoes that will fit are DM shoes. All the Dollshe shoes I purchased for a particular character didn't work when I changed to a Model Doll. They have double-jointed elbows but not knees. One more thing about the Model Doll - their knees are terribly designed so be prepared to fight them when you carry him (easily spin around out of the laughable socket), and you better suede the single torso joint or he will be in perpetual slouch. It's really too bad there's no hip joint.

Dollshes have great double joints in the elbows and knees, beautiful hands and funky-shaped thighs. They love to slouch when they sit so you have to learn how to manipulate them to get them looking good. Most 70cm clothes are geared for the Dollshe frame so you can find quite a variety out there. Their feet are large (not as large as a Model Doll) so you have to make sure to purchase shoes large enough for them. They sit pretty well in your arms but Dollshes are notorious for groping 'chests'... *laughs*

Dollzone 70cms have double-jointed elbows and knees, stand like rocks the first time you place them down, have gigantic hands so many shirts with tight sleeves/cuffs won't work, have extra-short arms so Dollshe and Model Doll shirt sleeves are too long, and they're made of the strongest resin made so far. Those short arms don't pose as well as the Dollshe and Model Doll but they can hold things without support better. They sit well and have both a torso and hip joint that help with posing. They have funky feet - narrow in the heel, wide in the instep and too-long toenails that almost look like talons. Dollshe-sized shoes can fit if they're a little wider and made of soft materials (like fabric) so the broader part of the foot can stretch the shoe out a bit. A non-DZ stiff shoe may or may not fit. My Recall is so stiff I just pick him up and tuck him under my arm and know he'll do just fine. He's a bit heavy, though, and still very creaky.

The only other SDish-sized doll I have is an Iplehouse Soo Ri, at 63cm. He's my first and I love him in spite of the fact his elastic will not stay tight so he is incredibly floppy. He came that way, too.

Even with their big funky feet, cranky and creaky joints and sometimes limited clothing choices, I do love my big guys so I deal with their 'character' flaws. *laughs*

Hope that helps.

11. I have 0, but I am planing to adopt one 70cm from DOD.

12. I have a Dollshe and i definitely plan on owning more~ :D

13. I have a hound. he's my tallest.

14. I have a Dollmore Bella Auden (which people commonly say is 70cm even though she is actually 68cm) and as soon as my tax refund gets here, I'm ordering a Soom Super Gem Dia (65cm).

Since Lucie (my Bella) is my only BJD, I don't know that she has any special care needs. I know that even though she poses wonderfully, she can be a bit cumbersome to carry and takes up a lot of space. Since I am finally getting around to sanding, that is taking some time, too. I am breaking it up over four days because I can't sand more than one or two pieces without getting a headache (even with a mask).

Dia might be 'too small' for your thread, but she is still considered a 'larger' doll as she is over 60cm.

Having seen 57cm dolls, I don't think I would want to go that 'small'. Part of it is that they would look weird with my bigger doll (why I chose a 65cm), and I just think I like the larger size. She's impressive and more realistic to me because of the size.

15. I have a MA Sabik. I mainly commish his clothes but recently I buy from TATA paradise and her sabik size fits so well, even better than SOOM's stuuf, I'm very impressed :D

I really want a MA Rex now but wondering if I can cope with another big one....

16. First doll was DZ Wing. Since I bought him when DZ were doing he petdoll promotion i got a free bunny too!
      different in how i treat em?
      not the tiniest spec of dust is allowed to fall on Lucifer's head.
      While the poor bunny just gets flung around and help up by its toes. XD

second doll--->DS Bernard. Also 70cm. Seeing a pattern here?

Well anyway decided to take a break from big boys. Cause honestly i feel like my backs gonna break every time i pick lucifer up.
      now i'm gonna buy a little 40cm girl.

And then I'm back on my mission to buy every 70cm doll i can from different companies.

so on the "HAVE TO HAVE THIS DOLL!!!" list is:
      Dollmore model Uri Rich -(for the name i'm thinking Gabriel, Pheonix or Lawliet?)
      Dream of Idol Luke -havent thought of a name yet :(

I'm just gonna wait till its christmas cause then i can get a huge chunk of money all in one go and get a big boy ^^

17. I really love the big 70cm dolls, I got my first big one last summer a Limhwa Limho Mano(though technically he's 67cm). My other two are SD10s(57cm I think?). When I have funds to spare again I'm hoping to add a Limhwa Elf Mano to the family. Someday I'd really like to get a Sabik, DZ Yuus are really lovely in owner photos, or who knows what kind of new handsome hunk of 70cm love will be around by then. XD I remember when Bermanns just came out(the original before Hounds) and I still like that sculpt, but I'm probably not ever going to be able to get it.

They can be tricky to clothed, but its all worth it. ^^

18. I have a Hound I've never seen any other dolls so he's currently the perfect size for me

19. I have a DZ 70cm Yuu and I absolutely love him. So much so that I am thinking of getting a DZ Ying! Even though the search for clothes isn't always easy and he has currently taken up an entire corner of my room, I am definitely hooked!

20. I have a Soom Mecha Angel Rex. He's beautiful. But so far my only doll. I plan to get more. I like bigger dolls better for some reason. But it's VERY hard to find clothes to fit him. The choices are so limited on the soom website.