1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How many of you have big dolls? 70cm - 80cm

Apr 10, 2008

1. Jeez....i'm a big boy person XD

70cm Dollshe Hound
      70cm Dollzone Tan Yuu
      70cm Dollzone WS Yuu mod
      70cm DOI Kalix
      80cm Soom vega Last Song

Other than that i have 3 60cm and 2 64cm...and a puki. lol

2. I have a 70cm Dollshe Saint. I really like IP Akando but am waiting to see IP Strongman before I take the plunge.

3. My friend has a 71cm Hong from Dollzone. I thought it seemed a little bit too big for me compared to my little 42cm Longway but I think my mind has been changed since seeing pictures of the 70cm Riff from Fairyland :D

4. Most of my BJDs are under 67cm with 2 exceptions. I have Bishonen tan Nori and IP Akando-Pierrot.

And....I think Akando is absolutely amazing! :)

5. what is a megu?

6. i have a big doll. dont know how to tell what kind of doll she is. she was my stepmothers who passed away. someone said she was a sd megu? im trying to find out as much as i can about these dolls. i think they are buetifull

7. I started out with Dollshe. But once I got into making photostories, I found I preferred the posing abilities of the 60cm range and under. Plus it was just TOO hard to arrange big enough backgrounds to get full-figure shots of both a mini and a 70cm together!

I have gone back as far as 65ish, with the UD Real, but have utterly lost my taste for the skinny aesthetic of the taller dolls. (And the bulk of something like Akando is interesting, but I don't know that I want to be responsible for something that top-heavy in a group standing-doll shoot. I think I'd stroke if I saw him starting to go over, as they all occasionally try to do, just out of spite--)

8. Wow that's really neat that you inherited her! You should post a picture of her so we can try to help you identify the mold! :)

9. She is a Volks SD girl, a larger doll by DoA classification but she is more like a 58cm doll not a giant like the 70-80cm dolls being discussed in this thread. :chocoberry

10. I have a Angell-Studio Gavin 71,5cm and a Soom Namu with a Dollzone 72cm body. :3

11. Well ... I have a 70cm DOI Luke and I'm absolutely in love with him; I don't have many problems to find shoes or clothes because of his fit line and relatively small foot x3
      The only thing I notice is the small poseability he has in his arms but it's ok with me ... using tricks and stuff work (-_^)b

12. We have 3 70cm boys in the family

DOI Kalix
      DOI Luke
      DZ Yuu

Hubby and I just really like the bigger boys. Soon I will have a completed 60cm boy, other than that we have tinies.

I don't find they need any special care really, but my DZ boy can be harder to shop for. DOI's are thinner and far easier to fit (their shoe size is smaller to). But Dollmore model doll clothes fit Noble pretty well so he always has plenty of clothes. I love the giant dolls, they are so much fun to hold. But it is a big deal to take them all out to meet ups. And finding somewhere to keep them around the house.

13. My first big boy will be a 70cm RS Long, and I think I can see more of them in the future.

14. I now have three big boys.
      - Raurencio Studio Baal 67cm
      - Spinel on SSDF body 74cm (Tall guy!)
      - Iplehouse Akando 70cm

15. I just ordered my 70cm DoI A&D on Friday :) I'm hoping to get more big guys after him, as well ^_^

16. I'm extremely torn.

I really want one... but at the same time.. I want to get a custom "gackt" doll from D.I.M. it would be a love head/body which is only 61cm. So I'm a bit torn.

I get two heads... wonder if the love head would look wicked weird on a 70cm body? Lol

17. I already had an MSD and a couple of tinies when I decided to get my first SD... and I got a 70cm hybrid girl :) now I also have the DOI Black Elf Sha, who is also 70cm. I love their size and while it can be a bit difficult finding clothes (especially for my girl - there's no clothes made specifically for Dollshe girl bodies!!), they trigger your imagination and the will to make your own clothes!

18. I just got my 1st big boy, a hound! :)

19. My first boy is a 70 cm. I honestly don't feel like he's that big and I'm rather small.

20. Well, like several others who have posted, my first bjd was my Dollzone 72cm new body, Orrien. I never found him to be cumbersome. In fact, I fear the thought of trying to do a detail faceup on anything smaller than a SD head! Doing Orrien's was trying enough on the eyesight. *_*

One thing that I noticed right away as problematic to having a larger-scale doll is the matter of clothing and accessories. Slowly, more 70 cm clothing is being made but still it takes a good amount of hunting around for accessories to scale, especially furniture! And when you do find that perfect bed, couch, etc.... the shipping fees usually are :o.

Has this stopped me from ordering another 70 cm doll? Well.... *points to the Waiting section of sig file* ;)