1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Outfits Per Doll?

Jul 11, 2007

?
  1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4-6

5. 7-9

6. 10+

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. My girl will probably have somewhere in the neighborhood of 8-10 outfits. They will be character-specific and not shared, though. c:

2. ooh mine have to fight for clothes because although I started out with the idea that it was going to be fun to sew for them, and that was one of my reasons for wanting a bjd, they came along faster than I could sew but partly because I hadn't realised that their bodies vary so much. I have 8 30ltr storage boxes for clothes, wigs, shoes and another for eyes. I began with one each for SD, msd, yosd and tinies with two for wigs. The msd and yosd boxes became to full so I separated yosd and bid, then split msd into two. I only have two SD girls now after selling one, but they have the least amount of clothes just because I find them more difficult to fit. I have several dolls who have been here a while and still have nothing at all to wear because they keep getting to the back of the queue.

3. i don't count them, i love to sew, so i just make them. i have a lot of designs in mind for all my dolls, sadly i am very slow when sewing mostly because of my full time job. the more the merrier lol <3

4. Each of my dolls has one or two outfits. some do have more, but on average, by the time they arrive, each doll has at least one outfit and then a second one by the next week.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_214 using Tapatalk

5. Currently my goal is 3 outfits each, school, everyday, and special. I&#8217;m contemplating adding seasonal clothing, which will probably put me around 4-6 each. I like to assemble outfits from separate pieces; I rarely find complete outfits I like.

6. Currently I have 2 70cm who have 2 'outfits' each but several shirts and pants they share. I have 4 60-64 that have multiple shared clothing.
      Just now (darn clicking finger) I went and bought an MSD boy, who will have no clothes if I don't start sewing for him immediately. He might wind up in the clothes I was gathering for my niece's MSD girl. Well at least he won't be naked.

I have a group of boys whose father is an incubus (they don't know it yet) and I think this new one is one of his, because the devil told me to press that buy button.

7. My girsl and guys have as many as I am inspired to buy:) But I am pretty picky.

I tend to play with a couple of dolls at a time and then they get the focus of my buying power. But if I see a particular manufacturer has an oufit that will look perfect on one of the other dolls, I will buy it for down the road. Hence I have a number of NRF package items. Also if I am ordering a doll, I will stock up on any new outfits.

Bad Jenny. I spoil my dolls. (Maybe because I couldn't when I was growing up.)

8. If I couldn't sew, I think my dolls would only have a couple outfits each, but since I can, I just make something new whenever I feel inspired to!

9. Actually, I have no idea how many outfits one doll has. The poor dudes have to share everything.
      I have a couple of doll specific items though, but everyting under 5 items I guess. Maybe I should start dressing them normal :XD:
      I try to make most clothes myself, but I have been experiencing a lot of "not doing anything" over the years.
      There is one lucky doll among the crew and that's Elysa with her 10+ outfits.

10. It varies based on my access to clothes their style. I have one doll not even here yet who has more clothes than the rest of my group combined. Then I have one here with no clothes to his name. He's borrowing the clothes off a girl his size for now. I plan for every one to have their own wardrobe.

11. I buy separate pieces and mix and match...so A LOT. But some dolls have an outfit that no one else touches.

12. So far my SD13 only has the one outfit since she has a bit of a set style.
      My Minifees style though is all over the place and I keep finding great casual clothes for her. xD
      For her though I don't really do outfits. I get seperate pieces and mix and match.
      She has a lot of clothes to herself right now but I plan to get a couple more Minifees so the clothes will be shared between them.

13. I want to have an excessive amount of clothes, because I love changing the outfit every time I go out to make pictures with her.

So far my first doll has three outfits and a fourth in the making (bought the hoodie, now need some pants and a hat)
      She has a kimono, a dress and a combination of skirt+shirt+jacket+scarf.
      Shoes, I only have one pair, but I absolutely love those.

My second doll has yet to get clothes. He is probably going to get 1 or 2 outfits, since he has a very specific look and I have yet to find the right items even for the first outfit.

Now my third doll is going to have a lot of clothes. She already has three sets, even though she isn't here yet. And there is so much fun stuff for yosd out there that would fit her.

14. My old dolls (2 dolls) have more than 10 outfits each but my new dolls still have only few because lately I don't have much time to sew them new outfit or...still waiting for clothes to be shipped (a bit long this time).

15. I voted 2 per doll, but that's not quite accurate. Some of my dolls have 10+, most only one so far.
      On average probably around 2 per doll I guess.

16. I chose 4-6 because that's the absolute minimum I want each to have. At least 3 bottoms and 5 tops each, but I prefer to have many more. Some of the favorites have over 30 tops and 10 bottoms.

17. Right now each of my dolls have about 2 outfits each though I 'm hoping that in the future each of them will have 4 or 5 outfits each but we'll see how that works out

18. While I'm still waiting on my dolls I'm thinking 2-3 per doll. Of course that depends on the kind of doll, whether or not it's a character that requires more or less variety and how many dolls you have. If you only have the one I'd assume that one would have a few more outfits than if someone had a whole family of dolls.

19. I like the unique and "theme" outfits - so at least one special outfit per doll, I really don't enjoy changing their clothes a lot.