1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many Outfits Per Doll?

Jul 11, 2007

?
  1. 1

2. 2

3. 3

4. 4-6

5. 7-9

6. 10+

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. My two minis share clothes a lot. They both wear casual, modern stuff. They have a larger warddrobe.

The two big boys have an outfit each and a shared pair of pants. ^^; I'm working on fixing that.

2. My boy doesn't exactly have outfits... he has a couple of things that I usually combine in a certain way... :lol: The reason why is that my sewing skills are limited and I seem to be too picky, if I'm going to buy something from a store that's really expensive it has to be exactly like I imagined it, and it never is, even if it is beautiful :doh

I need to comission some stuff... :sweat

3. It depends on the doll actually, some are just easier to buy for I think (^_^) but most of my guys have 4~6 sets and seperates to mix and match.

4. My dolls have maybe 4-6 between the two of them. I only have two dolls, so I don't mind having lots of clothing for them.

5. I got three dolls *Yay Mikus finally home ^^~~~*
      Akiko got... Uncountable sets... So Does Kim and Miku... Well the poor guy still only has two, but I got him yesterday so I think it's good for now x'p

6. It depends on the doll, what their "look" is, and how easy or difficult it is to make or find outfits in the proper style for them... and a fair few of the outfits over here are held "in common", so to speak, rather than belonging to one specific doll. Any of the crew who wear that sort of thing may end up in them...

7. Right now my Mariya only has five outfits and one pair of shoes--which considering today's her two week anniversary of coming to my house is pretty good. I only bought the shoes for her; I'm not quite at the stage of making those yet!

However I got her with the intention of making lots of cute and pretty things for her! And she will only wear lolita fashion so every outfit has a bunch of different pieces: blouse, frilly drawers, petticoat, skirt, headdress and of course cute socks with lace!

8. I don't know how to count....:sweat
      My two volks big boys share everything in their size
      and I am quite picky...I won't buy clothes that's not fit my Lahoo's size perfectly...:sweat

9. It does depend for me. If the character for the doll is the type to own one pair of jeans and half a dozen t-shirts, then that's what I'll get for them. Dieu wants LOTS of clothes, though, but so far, he only has two. And no undies. Aww.

10. I think I'm sewing mad. After only even knowing about BJDs for three and a half months, my boy already has: 8 pairs of pants/shorts (three aren't quite finished, I'm having trouble with the Cirque inspired pants), 10 shirts in various stages of completion (I think only 4 are fully complete), a cloak and sandals that I've made, and a coat and boots that I bought. And I have plans for more for him.

Goodness knows what'll happen once I actually doll one of my clothes horse characters... At least Gamrut (next boy) is more likely to only have one or two outfits, and keep stealing Tanal's stuff. But Chris and thothep are going to be a pain, though more fun, as they both ignore the rules of feminine vs. masculine attire...

Silly thing, the girl I'm most likely to doll would only need one outfit... fatigues!

11. Well, I sew a lot.
      Jinsung's entire wardrobe is simply mix and match (he has two pairs of pants, one pair of shorts, six skirts, four hoodies/coats, five tanks, two tshirts, and one button-down shirt), and his default outfit.
      My other boys aren't so fortunate. Daejin has his default outfit, and one other full outfit, and Ollie only has his default outfit (he steals things from Jinsung).

12. haha about 10+ is what i think,

Rae has a few tops and pants, tho i'm constantly making him more and buying more stuff for him (i prefer making them as his size is akward to buy for, legs too long)

Then Cain will have an outfit when he gets here, i'm also be making him stuff constantly too. I have several planned out already. By christmas... their warbrobe will need a wardrobe to fit.

13. My poor, poor Alice only has two dresses and two pairs of socks and undergarments and three pairs of shoes (only once nice expensive pair though, the other two were cheap and don't fit very well). I keep saying I'll get around to making more outfits for her (she was initially to be dressed only in lolita clothing, but she is really crying out for some cute frilly casual more than lolita I think), and now I also will be having to make more outfits for my new girl who is arriving (who I think will be my lolita girl *crosses fingers*).

So I wish there was a "plan to have" column, because I'd like each of my girls to have 10+ outfits! XD

14. Well, they have about three outfits each, and only barely enough shoes to go around. I've been to busy buying dolls to worry about clothes, though I think Biscuit has maybe six outfits. XD Not doll favoritism, I swear. He bullies me...

15. It varies so greatly. Because I started with two MSD-sized ones, they have the most clothing of all, each with 10+ and most pieces they share back and forth. I still would like more for them, but they have the most hands down.

As for SD size, Mikel has more clothing than Laurent, because he fits KK Workshop outfits and I love their unisex pieces on him. Laurent is catching up, though, and the tinies probably have the least. Not because I don't like the tinies, but because of availability and how I normally like Maverick in his default clothing best of all, anyway ^_^; He just looks so perfect that way. And Meztli is a new size for me, obviously he doesn't have much yet, been concentrating on wigs and eyes to get his look right.

16. Totally clueless. Most of Eleret and Eira's clothes are mix and match... heck even the sets I've gotten can be worn with other clothes. And I have clothes for dolls I haven't even bought yet. I guess I'll say 10+... my dolls are more clothes horses than I am. Which, admittedly isn't saying much.

17. My boy will have lots of clothes, I hope. I plan on buying him a lot, at least until I get more confident in my sewing abilities. Or at least until I get a sewing machine. But still, Angel will have a huge closet.

And any dolls I get after that will have to be the same size so they can share clothes.

18. --

#38 Devil's Trill, Jul 11, 2007
      Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    19. Pride currently has 4 outfits... however, they were just things I wanted (fluffy lolita dress, bear suit, etc...) and they don't really suit him, so I'll probably sell them soon, and he'll be back down to one.
      And happier that way... :sweat

20. Well, um, no one's naked, but the boys aren't doing so good. The girls each have at least a two or three outfits to their names, but Tim has one outfit, as do Keitaro and Lysander, and Lord Mandali has 1.5. Nic's coming out best at 2 or 3. :sweat